• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/15 GDT: Blue Jackets 5 at Red Wings 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

EXcellent news! Especially about Tatar. :thumbup: My prediction is that if the Wings stay at least even in the standings, our third and fourth lines will be responsible for a lot of the aggresive, upbeat play that keeps them there. I LOVE watching them on the ice. GO, SCRUBS!!! :clap:

Welcome to Bizarro World, Red Wings style.

Goaltender Jimmy Howard: Sore right knee, unknown

Forward Pavel Datsyuk: Broken hand, start of February

Forward Danny Cleary: Broken ankle, start of February

Forward Tomas Holmstrom: Broken hand, end of February

Forward Mike Modano: Lacerated wrist, mid-March

Goaltender Chris Osgood: Sports hernia, mid-March

Defenseman Brad Stuart: Broken jaw, mid-March

I have confidence in Joey Mac, always liked the guy, and he will absolutely stand on his head, as best he can. It's the rest of the team I worry about. And Babcock's stare... it's looking a bit brittle lately, so here's hoping he doesn't strain an eyeball. :unsure:

Let's go, remaining Wings!!! Five more games and then you get a moment to lick your assorted wounds. My poor babies... :(

People always talk about how "Old" the Wings are. Other teams fans, of course.

I love that we have all this young depth to come up, and play games at the NHL level, and even when we're down half a dozen top guys, I know and I am fully confident that we can continue to win.

How many teams in the NHL could go down both goalies, and a slew of goal scorers, and still have a solid shot at winning every single night?

The future of the organization is very promising.

We are handling this a LOT better than we did last year. I think we actually have seven injuries now, while the most at one time last year I think we only had six. Technically, we're more injured this year than we were last year, and this is the first time I've seen us lose BOTH goalies at the same time.

I think going through this last year, has taught Babcock and crew new strategies for coping with injury.

To say we lead our division 7 men short, is nothing short of spectacular.

Edited by Joey v3.4

I agree... the fact that the Wings are getting all of these points with so many guys out of the lineup is amazing, and it will be a shame if Babs does not get some credit as coach of the year because any other team would be dropping in the standings with all of these guys out.

Welcome to Bizarro World, Red Wings style.

Goaltender Jimmy Howard: Sore right knee, unknown

Forward Pavel Datsyuk: Broken hand, start of February

Forward Danny Cleary: Broken ankle, start of February

Forward Tomas Holmstrom: Broken hand, end of February

Forward Mike Modano: Lacerated wrist, mid-March

Goaltender Chris Osgood: Sports hernia, mid-March

Defenseman Brad Stuart: Broken jaw, mid-March

I have confidence in Joey Mac, always liked the guy, and he will absolutely stand on his head, as best he can. It's the rest of the team I worry about. And Babcock's stare... it's looking a bit brittle lately, so here's hoping he doesn't strain an eyeball. :unsure:

Let's go, remaining Wings!!! Five more games and then you get a moment to lick your assorted wounds. My poor babies... :(

Compared to last year: DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee bruise) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out,

Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,

Johan Franzen (torn ACL) out, Andreas Lilja (concussion) out

Not sure which is worse, but with two goalies out... I'm thinking this year. Ugh.

Compared to last year: DET Henrik Zetterberg (separated shoulder) out, Jonathan Ericsson (knee bruise) out, Dan Cleary (separated shoulder) out,

Niklas Kronwall (sprained left MCL) out, Jason Williams (fractured right fibula) out, Valtteri Filppula (broken wrist) out,

Not sure which is worse, but with two goalies out... I'm thinking this year. Ugh.

Like I said in the last thread, We suffered more last year because we were losing defensemen left and right. We don't/didn't have any depth on defense while we still have 2 or 3 guys on the Griffins at forward that could still contribute to the Wings.

J Willy being healthy or injured really did not matter, he was a tumbleweed.

Edited by Rivalred

Joey Mac did well in New York and Toronto, as far as I recall, so I think he'll do decently enough for us - provided our defense gets their act together. Last night was a good start; no shame for him losing in a shootout, considering after a 2-0 start, we probably didn't have much business going that far.

Filling in for mindfly I predict a 0-5 loss with Zetterberg getting injured tonight.

For good karma I predict:

the wings will win with a score of 365-2, every forward with 10 hat tricks and MacDonald with 3 goals and 240 assists to overtake Crosby as tops in points so far this season.

In seriousness:

Wings will win if they decide to play for more than a period and a half.

Edited by Shaman464

One and only reminder: Please stay on the topic at hand, which would be the actual game of hockey; more specifically the one being played this evening. I deleted over 3 pages of crap from the last GDT, and I refuse to be put in that position again.

Please keep your posts constructive and in the spirit of contributing to the thread and the experience as a whole.

Thanks and

GO WINGS!

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 2-game losing streak (1 shootout)

Home: 2-game losing streak (1 overtime)

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Columbus

Overall: 1-game losing streak (shootout)

Home: 4-game winning streak

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season

Overall: 6W-2L-1OTL-1SOL

Home: 4W-5L-1OTL

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Columbus

Overall: 8W-0L-1OTL-1OTL

Home: 8W-2L

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the only game of a one-game home stand.

Record on this Date

January 15

This is the 34th regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 33 games:

27W-10L-6T

LGW.

But you have to consider the timing. Last year we lost Franzen in game 3 and he didn't return until the end of February. The Wings did not have the significant injuries (except for Modano) until recently and thank God they banked alot of points early.

Cleary and Dats will most likely only miss 5 more games (including tonight) because of the fortunate timing of the all star break. Howard is day to day so my guess is he play Tuesday or Thursday.

I don't think that this is nearly as bad as last year. We only have two GR guys playing for a significant period of time. Our extra forward and D-man get more minutes.

We will survive and most likely still win the division and finish 2nd or worst case 3rd.