• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/15 GDT: Blue Jackets 5 at Red Wings 6 (OT)

Rate this topic

With all the youth on the ice, I can see a ton of turnovers in this game but also a ton of energy.

Wings 3

Jackets 2

GO WINGS GO!!!

Really? Who are all these young guys that are going to turn over the puck. The only guys that aren't regulars are Tatar and Mursak. Mursak will be in his 10th straight game and has looked pretty solid. Kindl is normally our 7th D-man and has played in 16. It's not like we have a bus load of GR players coming in.

I think the Wings will grind out a win. After all they are playing the Columbus Blue Jackets. As long as Joey plays well, we will get the 2 points and most likely Jimmy will be back in on Tuesday.

Hopefully Kindl can back-up from last nights effort where he was very solid. Looked the best he has offensively; his first point is very close.

Would love to see either Mursak and Tatar score, both would be too much!

Filppula had an outstanding game last night, hopefully he can repeat the magic.

Go Wings!b

Rather than guessing if the Wings will win or not, we should start guessing what player will get injured, when, and how.

I say that Nick will take a puck to the yambag in the 2nd, and be out 6 weeks.

This is like so-and-so sucks, right?

Wings 3-1 thanks to an empty netter.

Edited by MidMichSteve

This to me honestly feels more like 2008 than last season. Last season things were tough right from the start, and the depth wasn't there. In 2008, much like this season, they were flying high and playing really well until the injuries hit. Last season it was all long term injuries to key players, putting the huge work load on whoever was left. This year they have more depth, and a lot of the kids are getting a lot of experience. If we can be healthy come sometime in early-mid march, I think this will be a good thing for the playoff run, much like how the adversity they faced in February 2008 seemed to help out a lot for that cup run.

Last season the injuries forced the team to rely on the remaining key players to be over worked because they were outside looking in of the playoff picture for a lot of the season. This year they are near the top of the standings and because of that they can spread a lot of the work load on the young guns being put into the line up, and players like Eaves who has really stepped it up. Once we get Datsyuk and Cleary back things will get easier, and hopefully the injury to Howard it not overly serious and that he only has to miss a handful of games. They'll have the last month of the season to get Mo, Stewie, and Ozzie back into game shape, so assuming there is no more significant injuries to key players they should be fine. The Allstar break coming up is a huge blessing as well.

Game on! Start on time this time, Wings!

EDIT: Or not <_< . Lost it on the faceoff, then bounced off the goal post and Brassard buried it. 1-0 CBJ. 33 seconds in.

Edited by commadore183