• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
motorcitysportsgallery

Lemieux and McCarty

Rate this topic

Lemieux and McCarty will be doing a public signing Saturday April 2, 2011 at the Mt. Clemens Gibraltar Trade Center from 2-4pm. The 16x20 fight photo autographed by both Lemieux and McCarty will be $60 prior to the signing and $65 the day of the signing. If you want your own stuff signed Lemieux will be $25 per autograph and McCarty will be $20 per autograph. Each inscription will be $5. Tickets are now on sale. Email me if you are interested in ordering tickets now. mcsg007@yahoo.com There is a price break on 10 or more dual signed 16x20 photos purchased.

Edited by motorcitysportsgallery

2010 huh?

Absolutely speechless this is going to happen, it was only 15 years ago we all wanted Lemieux in a body bag. I'd bet 90% of Red Wings fans still hate Lemieux's guts! The 10% are probably to young to remember.

I'll be watching the news on April 2nd to see if there was an incident involving Lemieux and some Red Wings fans at Mt. Clemens Gibraltar Trade Center. Have extra security on hand.

I find it really strange that Lemieux will be there, especially charging MORE than McCarty's?

McCarty usually charges around 20 bucks for in store signings, thats just his price. he'll sign for free at charity events or other events aswell, but with in store signings, its generally 20 bucks.

plus anyone who collects wings autographs probably has him on a few things.

If i went to this signing, which i plan on, i'd probably just get the 60 dollar ticket that includes both sigs and the 16x20, so a single signed lemieux item isnt going down on my end.

him charging 5 dollars more than McCarty isnt a big deal though. he's travelling here, and someone's likely gonna call him a dick at some point.

McCarty usually charges around 20 bucks for in store signings, thats just his price. he'll sign for free at charity events or other events aswell, but with in store signings, its generally 20 bucks.

plus anyone who collects wings autographs probably has him on a few things.

If i went to this signing, which i plan on, i'd probably just get the 60 dollar ticket that includes both sigs and the 16x20, so a single signed lemieux item isnt going down on my end.

him charging 5 dollars more than McCarty isnt a big deal though. he's travelling here, and someone's likely gonna call him a dick at some point.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's an outrageous sum, just that it's funny he'd charge more than Detroit's hero and expect to get anyone wanting him to sign things. I'd dish out the cash for both of them, though, a cool piece of history even if he is scum.

Well, it kind of makes sense the Lemieux would charge more for his autograph. He is after all, more than likely a Hall of Famer. Plus the Detroit market isn't saturated with his autographs, as it is with McCarty's.

And, if people didnt know, Mac and Lemieux put their differences behind them a long time ago,

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/off-the-record---march-18/#clip278020

It would be rather juvenile of Red Wings fans cant get over something that happened 15 years ago.

Well, it kind of makes sense the Lemieux would charge more for his autograph. He is after all, more than likely a Hall of Famer. Plus the Detroit market isn't saturated with his autographs, as it is with McCarty's.

And, if people didnt know, Mac and Lemieux put their differences behind them a long time ago,

http://watch.tsn.ca/off-the-record/off-the-record---march-18/#clip278020

It would be rather juvenile of Red Wings fans cant get over something that happened 15 years ago.

I was thinking more along the lines of Claude planning for that expensive hospital visit..

2010 huh?

Absolutely speechless this is going to happen, it was only 15 years ago we all wanted Lemieux in a body bag. I'd bet 90% of Red Wings fans still hate Lemieux's guts! The 10% are probably to young to remember.

I'll be watching the news on April 2nd to see if there was an incident involving Lemieux and some Red Wings fans at Mt. Clemens Gibraltar Trade Center. Have extra security on hand.

What happens on the ice, stays on the ice. Most hockey fans would be wise to remember that. That it something that all hockey players are taught from drop in and rec leagues all the way up to the pros. Sure, I hated Colorado and Lemieux, but if I met Claude in public today I would shake his hand out of respect more than anything. Hockey players are warriors and deserve our respect, no matter if they were hated rivals.

What happens on the ice, stays on the ice. Most hockey fans would be wise to remember that. That it something that all hockey players are taught from drop in and rec leagues all the way up to the pros. Sure, I hated Colorado and Lemieux, but if I met Claude in public today I would shake his hand out of respect more than anything. Hockey players are warriors and deserve our respect, no matter if they were hated rivals.

Um... no. Hockey players are human too. And some of them are ******* pieces of s***. I'll respect Chelios before I respect Claude. Respect him all you want, but he doesn't respect you... he just wants your money.

Edited by Broken 16

Um... no. Hockey players are human too. And some of them are ******* pieces of s***. I'll respect Chelios before I respect Claude. Respect him all you want, but he doesn't respect you... he just wants your money.

Same could be said of any professional athlete. There are a rare few that play for the people. Many of them play for the money or for love of the game. To many, fans are just a means to get a paycheck.

Same could be said of any professional athlete. There are a rare few that play for the people. Many of them play for the money or for love of the game. To many, fans are just a means to get a paycheck.

I agree. All I'm saying is that Claude's conduct on and off the ice and his indifference towards Draper during that whole thing makes him pretty much impossible to respect. For me. He doesn't deserve any respect from a single person involved with the Wings, fan or otherwise, imo. I'll never give that clown a dime.

Edited by Broken 16

This is a strange one. The Wings fan in me hates Lemieux and cannot stand the thought of paying his autograph. Then again the sports memorabilia fan in me thinks that the fight involving these two was one of the defining sports fan moments I had while growing up and having a photo signed by the two involved would be amazing. I would probably attend this.

On another note is there any official announcement about this other than just a message board post? No offence to the original poster but it would be great to see an announcement on the place holding its website or something. Not trying to say hes making stuff up but you can only take a single post at face value.

That is hilarious. Have you forgotten that Chelios was one of the dirtiest of all time? His hit on Brian Propp in the 89 playoffs was every bit as dirty and careless as anything Lemieux did.

Chelios was also unapologetic after putting Propp out of the playoffs. Look up some of his quotes. Next thing you are going to say is that one of the most beloved Red Wings of all time, Dino Ciccarelli was a Saint, although he spent a night in jail for trying to break his stick across Luke Richardsons face.

This is a strange one. The Wings fan in me hates Lemieux and cannot stand the thought of paying his autograph. Then again the sports memorabilia fan in me thinks that the fight involving these two was one of the defining sports fan moments I had while growing up and having a photo signed by the two involved would be amazing. I would probably attend this.

On another note is there any official announcement about this other than just a message board post? No offence to the original poster but it would be great to see an announcement on the place holding its website or something. Not trying to say hes making stuff up but you can only take a single post at face value.

http://www.gibraltartrade.com/Shows/AUTOGRAPHS.html

Edited by fights

That is hilarious. Have you forgotten that Chelios was one of the dirtiest of all time? His hit on Brian Propp in the 89 playoffs was every bit as dirty and careless as anything Lemieux did.

Chelios was also unapologetic after putting Propp out of the playoffs. Look up some of his quotes. Next thing you are going to say is that one of the most beloved Red Wings of all time, Dino Ciccarelli was a Saint, although he spent a night in jail for trying to break his stick across Luke Richardsons face.

You took that WAY out of context. I actually despise Chelios more than Claude overall. And I despised him more in the Winged Wheel. But I would be a lot quicker to give Chelios some respect. At least he gave back to the community and to the organization. Claude is just here to sponge twenties.

You took that WAY out of context. I actually despise Chelios more than Claude overall. And I despised him more in the Winged Wheel. But I would be a lot quicker to give Chelios some respect. At least he gave back to the community and to the organization. Claude is just here to sponge twenties.

Plus Cheli's Chili is one of the best places to get tanked before a Tigers/Wings game wink.gif

Way to go Cheli!!!

I agree. All I'm saying is that Claude's conduct on and off the ice and his indifference towards Draper during that whole thing makes him pretty much impossible to respect. For me. He doesn't deserve any respect from a single person involved with the Wings, fan or otherwise, imo. I'll never give that clown a dime.

As has been pointed out above, the fans should be holding players accountable across the board. Not just on players they "hate". If you are going to hold Claude accountable and not forgive, that is fine. The same could be said about Dino and Chelios as well since they did the same things when they were players. There are these kinds of players in every sport. Look at Bill Romanowski when he played for the Broncos and spit in the faces of players or broke fingers when he was at the bottom of a pile struggling to get a ball back. You love these players if they are on your team, and you hate them if you play against them. Just look at how much respect Chelios and Dino get on this forum for instance. Yet, no one wants to mention their past transgressions. Does your attitude change when you see the video or hear about Dino trying to take Richardson's face off with his stick? Probably not, but it should if you are going take the same attitude with Claude.

I hold no one accountable over what happens on the ice. What happens on the ice, stays on the ice.

As has been pointed out above, the fans should be holding players accountable across the board. Not just on players they "hate". If you are going to hold Claude accountable and not forgive, that is fine. The same could be said about Dino and Chelios as well since they did the same things when they were players. There are these kinds of players in every sport. Look at Bill Romanowski when he played for the Broncos and spit in the faces of players or broke fingers when he was at the bottom of a pile struggling to get a ball back. You love these players if they are on your team, and you hate them if you play against them. Just look at how much respect Chelios and Dino get on this forum for instance. Yet, no one wants to mention their past transgressions. Does your attitude change when you see the video or hear about Dino trying to take Richardson's face off with his stick? Probably not, but it should if you are going take the same attitude with Claude.

I hold no one accountable over what happens on the ice. What happens on the ice, stays on the ice.

Comparing what happened between Dino and Richardson is just stupid. Neither were in a Red Wing jersey at the time. Why even bring that up? Not to mention that Dino caught WAY more abuse on a nightly basis then anyone else you have brought up. Less surprising that he would snap.

Fine. Keep it on the ice. So why take it off the ice now?

Oh yea, to get some twenties.

Guess it's ok to bring it off the ice if there is a profit to be made, eh? Lol.

And if you had bothered to read my posts before crafting your holier than thou masterpiece, you'd see that I already stated that I don't like Chelios either, never have and never will.

Edited by Broken 16

People have the right to dislike Lemieux all they want. The point is, Detroit Red Wings fans are quick to embrace players with a checkered past. Or look past transgressions they commit as Wings and then make some sort of justification. Bottom line is, yeah, Lemieux was dirty beyond dirty. At least he would stand up for himself and fight his own battles, unlike a lot of Wings players. Lets take a look at some our past favorites:

1. Dino Ciccarelli - January 6, 1988, in a game played at Maple Leaf Gardens, Ciccarelli attacked Maple Leafs defenceman Luke Richardson with his stick. As a result of this incident, Ciccarelli was convicted of assault, fined $1000.00, and sentenced to one day in jail. Dino was a noted stickman, was not afraid to give a cheap shot. He also started a bench clearing brawl while with the North Stars, in which everyone fought except for him. Oh wait, scratch that, he took on noted pugilist Denis Savard.

2. Todd Bertuzzi - On March 8, 2004, Bertuzzi retaliated to a Steve Moore hit on Markus Näslund in a previous game by sucker-punching him from behind late in the third period. Moore suffered a broken neck after being knocked unconscious.

3. Vladimir Konstantinov – One of the most hated players during his day. Not afraid to use the stick, hit a knee, or hit from behind.

4. Viacheslav Fetisov - While with New Jersey took out Wendel Clarks knee in 1989. Clark missed part of the 1989-90 season with a partial tear of the MCL in his right knee.

5. Joe Kocur – fractured the jaw and orbital bone of New York Islander Brad Dalgarno during a fight in 1988.

6. Bob Probert – suspended numerous times for headbutting (Bob Mcgill, Sandy McCarthy) sucker punches (Vincent Riendeau) elbowing (Denis Chasse). Also had a memorable stick fight with another former Red Wing, Bob Rouse.

7. Kirk Maltby – one of the most hated players in all of the NHL during his career. Always ran his mouth, never backed it up.

8. Chris Chelios – the Brian Propp incident I already posted. Countless others. There is a 2 hour DVD in circulation that consists ONLY of Chelios cheap shots and dirty plays.

9. Derian Hatcher – suspended two games while with Dallas for punching Jeff Finaly in the head, suspended 7 games for leaving his feet to hit Jeremy Roenick in the head, breaking his jaw with an elbow in 1999. Suspended 3 games for an illegal hit while with the Red Wings. Suspended 10 games in 1991 for a stick swinging incident with, surprise Dino Ciccarelli!

10. Greg Stefan – 1982 gets in a stick fight with Minnesota’s Willie Plett. Uses his stick like an ax over Pletts neck. Suspended 8 games.

And….

GORDIE HOWE! Famous for his elbows and paybacks! Punched Lou Fontinato in the face so hard his nose was turned on a right angle!

Honorable mentions– Sean Avery (NHL’s most hated player) Tiger Williams (all time PIM leader) Harold Snepsts (as cheap as they come) Ulf Samuellsen (ended careers with knee checks, including Cam Neely) Wendel Clark (never to shy for a sucker bunch, hit from behind. Sat on Bob Brookes chest and pounded his face with punches) Stu Grimson, Tomas Sandstrom, Mel Bridgeman, Gerard Gallant, Lee Norwood,

I could go on and on. Point is, fans would have loved Lemieux if he played here. What he did was 15 years ago, it didn’t happen to anyone on this board, the players are over it, so why do people continue to play keyboard warriors and wonder aloud, “who is gonna punch him first”. Seriously?

(by the way, i liked all the players i listed above!)