• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:09 AM

The NHL has suspended Toronto forward Mike Brown for 3 Games for a hit on Phoenix's Ed Jovanovski. It was Brown's first game back after he was out 6 weeks with an injury. Can't find the video on Youtube, but I was watching the game when it happened. If anyone comes across a video, please post it!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#2 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

Super diry. Jovo never touched the puck, and Brown Targeted the head.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#3 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:22 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ky4p9m3XM

Yeah - dunno if Brown intended to nail Jovo in the head, but regardless this video proves what took place.

That said I like Brown; good team guy.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#4 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:35 AM

Thanks for the vids, guys. Punishment seems to match the crime. Nothing terrible, but clearly has no place in the game.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#5 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:16 AM

Agreed. It was a dirty hit, but it's something that we are seeing get these punishments. COuld have been worst, but it should have been avoided. But as GMR and UK would say: Good ole fashion hockey hit, nothing to see here.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#6 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

Agreed. It was a dirty hit, but it's something that we are seeing get these punishments. COuld have been worst, but it should have been avoided. But as GMR and UK would say: Good ole fashion hockey hit, nothing to see here.

Actually good old fashion hockey didn't have hits to the head because what ever Brown did to Jovo someone else would do to him in spades. Good old fashioned hockey would have been Jovo seeing Brown coming and him sticking his elbow out to protect himself.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#7 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

Good suspension for what he did. That being said I would love Brown on this team. Hes so fast for a scrapper and can kill penalties really, really well. He would be way better then Miller here and would help the team just as much

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#8 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:11 AM

Good suspension for what he did. That being said I would love Brown on this team. Hes so fast for a scrapper and can kill penalties really, really well. He would be way better then Miller here and would help the team just as much

I don't think Versteeg is the only player Burke is looking to trade..Brown could be on his way out too, possibly.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien