• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
diehardredwing19

just met brad may!

Rate this topic

hey guys/girls. im from abbotsford bc. canada.. right near vancouver bc. tonight im at work. work at a hotel and brad may came in i recognized him and say mr. may? he quickly dropped his luguage lol and shook my hand and we talked hockey for about 10 minutes. told him it was great having him on the wings last year. he went onto say boy are they banged up or what too many injuries i put my head down and said yea he went onto say with pure enthusiasm that you watch they will go onto win the Cup! he said this adversity is going to bring them through to the top! then he said that he will kick himself in the ass lol if the Wings do win because he rejected a 2 way deal from the wings after maltby rejected to but honestly this man was so nice told him all the good things about him and how Redwing fans loved having him on the team as so did i. just a great guy overall real talkative and hes now working for CBC starting tom. he said.. as he has been working for canadas network "sportsnet ontario"

yea he said that when maltby contracts werent going through... he was offered an 2 way contract but he felt like he wanted to spend time with family n kids now and get into the broadcasting world n live in toronto which he is doing and yea very open guy real nice i was kinda shocked lol... and yea his flight was delayed im at work right now on the same floor as his room in the computer room as i type haha... his rentals outside and its got a cbc rental vehicle paper on the dash

Guest Heaten

Yeah his demeanor during pre-game interviews were always charming. He seems like a guy who just likes people and doesn't take anything for granted. Cool that you got to meet him in person. Out of the current Red Wings I'd like to meet Holmstrom. He seems like a guy you can bulls*** with and never offend. He seems like a guy you can be loose around.

yea may is pretty loose and sounds exactly how you said it.. very easy to talk to and the awesome part is he kept on touching different topics on his own haha and id put my input here n there all n all great guy! he looked sky ward as he said "im gonna kick myself in the ass if Detroit wins the Cup" because he didnt take the 2 way contract.. and i also did say that was great of you to teach abby how to fight last season etc etc... and yea he did the heat/marlies game for cbc hes donig good as a broadcaster thus far

You are a lucky guy, this is why I love hockey players (and some baseball players) because they are for the most part very down to earth people who understand it is not their birth right to be rich and famous. I and the rest of LGW (I hope) thank you for sharing your experience :).

(shaman464) i agree with you 110% they dont take it for granted and most are very talkitive and talk to you like there not celeberties etc etc.. and yea he is pretty jacked and ripped he was talkin to me aobut i dont know if i can keep up anymore dont think im in shape for it n i was like uhhh u kidding me right? lol all he wud have to do is prolly do 2 days of cardio to get the heart rate up n hes good to go cuz hes already big n strong

When I went to a Griffins game a year or two ago, while he was on the bench, I sent my g/f at the time to go ask for some pucks during pregame and he tossed her two pucks cause she said it was my birthday (which is was).

He's a great guy.

On a sidenote: I think he's the only guy that would lose to Holmstrom in a redline to redline race :P

thats pretty awesome that he gave 2 pucks some players i mean alot would probably just ignore i suppose.. and yea i met some wings a week n half ago before the canucks / redwings game the 2-1 game i went to pan pacific hotel at waterfront in d/t van. before the game n got a pic with jimmy HO! and met ozzie, ericsson, miller, helm. ive met alot others to the last 3 games so yea pretty cool