• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

OHL

Rate this topic

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've become a huge OHL fan in recent years and I was wondering if anyone else follows the league. I love me some plymouth whalers, but theres a lot of other great teams in the michigan area, saginaw, windsor, ect. Anybody else follow? If your team isn't in the poll, write them in.

I've always liked the teams that Kitchener Rangers have. Mike Richards was pretty badass in his JR days. if the Wings could somehow get their hands on Gabriel Landeskog, i'd s*** bricks of happiness! i caught a couple barrie colts games a few years back while in good old base Borden doing training, so I have a soft spot for that team as a get-away from the base...

i'm from Winnipeg, so i'm more into the WHL due to location, so naturally i'm a Brandon Wheat Kings fan. for all you guys that are in Ontario in places with teams, you are SO effing lucky. the CHL is some of the best hockey i've ever seen. been to about 25ish Wheat Kings games over the years and they're a blast. someone gets a hat-trick and the drunk guys start the "thanks for pancakes" chant. CHL is good times!

Up until a couple years ago (when Stamkos left) I had season tickets to the Sarnia Sting. It is great being able to see all these young guys play. I remember watching the sting play a playoff series against Kindl and the Rangers and trying to keep an eye on a lot of wings prospects. I have a close buddy playing on the Sting right now actually so its even more interesting for me to watch.

They have a really good, young team actually with potential to make a deep run next year or the year after if their top guys are still around. Yakupov and Galchenyuk are ranked in the top 5 for their draft year, if they both dont make the jump to the show I could see the Sting winning a mem cup.

I follow the knights closely as well, I have a former linemate of mine from 2 years ago playing on the team, he should be a 4th round pick or so in this years draft so I'm keeping an eye on him as well.

Living in Kitchener I have been able to watch many great players develop with the Rangers. Even in there "rebuilding" years they have put some amazing teams together. I couldn't imagine if they had jeff skinner and jeremy morin back this year...I don't think there would be a team out there to compete with them.

I believe Landeskog is ranked 1st in the draft currently, I don't think there is any chance the wings will be picking him up

Kindl showed a lot of promise while he was in Kitchener, I think he is just lacking the confidence - which seems to be growing

Grew up in Michigan then moved away when I was 11...my first OHL game was when I was about 12 as my team was in town for a weekend and I saw the Whalers take on the old North Bay Centennials. Always just rooted for the Whalers since then even though I have seen a game in most of the OHL rinks.

For the first time in a long time (read: ever), the Owen Sound Attack are competitive. Hopefully they do well. I remember when they made the conference finals when they were still the Platers and it was nuts around here. That's the best they've ever done since moving here from Guelph.

Haven't seen an OHL game in about...six years? But I catch them on the radio now and again. Wish I could go more often. I root for them and know a little about their players, but can't follow as closely as I'd like. I love that they're playing so well this year, they've been getting better and better each successive year.

Derek Roy was having sexual intercourse with my best friends sister when he played for the Kitchener Rangers so I'd have to stick with them.

I also went to school with a bunch of Kitchener players who ended up playing in the AHL or NHL.Mike Richards,Boris Valabik,Justin Azevedo,Patrick Davis.

Valabik actually sent me an autographed Thrashers jersey 2 weeks after he was drafted :) It's a shame his career has gone downhill.

I said Plymouth because I knew a bunch of the guys on Saginaw a few years back because my friend slept with half of them and she dragged me to a lot of their games and they were all just a bunch of giant tools.

Same reason I don't go for the Spits, and I'm in Windsor. My Best Friend is a Ref in the OHL, and talks about how big of a whiny ****** Ellis Is. And the Stories about Taylor Hall....He'd Score a goal, line up for the face off and say "Man, these hands are worth millions" Or go to parties, take the ketchup out of the Fridge, Sign his name on the carpet, and Say, that'll be worth money some day. I could go on and on about How Big of a ****** Taylor hall was.

Also, a few years back, My ex GF was in a haunted house (for halloween) tied up to the table. A bunch of spits came through hammered talking about how they were going to f*** her right there....thankfully, there was a 300 pound Man playing a butcher with her, and he threw them all out. And yeah, I knew a girl who had just about every Spitfire on MSN and had them separated by the ones she banged, and the ones she hadn't.

I started watching when my dad would take me to Jr. Wings games at the Joe. My First game was against the Petes. I was a Jr. Wing fan, until they moved to plymouth....now, I can barely keep any interest in the league. All of these stories combined, really soured me on the spits, on the OHL, and actually Hockey players as a whole. Most of them are just Egotistical scumbags that believe they're gods, and everyone else is a piece of s***. It's the main reason I stopped collecting Autographs, leaned away from Hockey cards, and just am not as big of a fan of the sport as I used to be.

Edited by Tane

Same reason I don't go for the Spits, and I'm in Windsor. My Best Friend is a Ref in the OHL, and talks about how big of a whiny ****** Ellis Is. And the Stories about Taylor Hall....He'd Score a goal, line up for the face off and say "Man, these hands are worth millions" Or go to parties, take the ketchup out of the Fridge, Sign his name on the carpet, and Say, that'll be worth money some day. I could go on and on about How Big of a ****** Taylor hall was.

Also, a few years back, My ex GF was in a haunted house (for halloween) tied up to the table. A bunch of spits came through hammered talking about how they were going to f*** her right there....thankfully, there was a 300 pound Man playing a butcher with her, and he threw them all out. And yeah, I knew a girl who had just about every Spitfire on MSN and had them separated by the ones she banged, and the ones she hadn't.

I started watching when my dad would take me to Jr. Wings games at the Joe. My First game was against the Petes. I was a Jr. Wing fan, until they moved to plymouth....now, I can barely keep any interest in the league. All of these stories combined, really soured me on the spits, on the OHL, and actually Hockey players as a whole. Most of them are just Egotistical scumbags that believe they're gods, and everyone else is a piece of s***. It's the main reason I stopped collecting Autographs, leaned away from Hockey cards, and just am not as big of a fan of the sport as I used to be.

I agree about Ellis. I call him "Captain Whiney" and "The Second Coming of Sidney Crosby" even though he plays defense. To me Hall looks like a horse's face....maybe a relative of Crosby. Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he think's his crap doesn't stink.

interestingly enough i get similar feelings sitting in the stands watching a Whalers game, or any hockey game for that matter. I think to myself of how many of these players i'd actually hate to know in person and so on. I try to not consider that for the NHL or Wings, maybe the ******-ness isn't so blatant in the NHL (for the most part). Taylor Hall deserves to get cracked for just sounding like an overall ******.

Derek Roy was having sexual intercourse with my best friends sister when he played for the Kitchener Rangers so I'd have to stick with them.

I also went to school with a bunch of Kitchener players who ended up playing in the AHL or NHL.Mike Richards,Boris Valabik,Justin Azevedo,Patrick Davis.

Valabik actually sent me an autographed Thrashers jersey 2 weeks after he was drafted :) It's a shame his career has gone downhill.

:o

I couldn't think of a better reason to like a team.