• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nosyt612

Ken Daniels Interview on Puck Daddy Podcast

Rate this topic

Things that I noticed from what Ken said:

-Lidstrom's aging very well. His points last year were more due to the fact of him having to concentrate even harder on defense.

-Bryan Trottier played for too long.

-Salei has been "terrifically solid"

-Injuries today and injuries from years past. Bla bla bla.

-Tatar excited about the WC in Slovakia this year but Daniels thinks that since Tatar has gotten a taste of the NHL that he'd probably rather be with the Red Wings if they are in the playoffs for the month of May. (I kind of disagree, but ah well).

-He feels that the league should scrap the all star game and also teases the listeners as he states that Ken Holland has some really good ideas about the whole all-star schtick but doesn't divulge.

-He believes the Red Wings are entitled to time off during the All-Star game. I'm not quite sure I understand his reasons but it seems to me that he's saying the Wings have to spend significantly more time on the road than the other teams in the league because you have NBC and Versus that constantly want them out West on Monday or a Tuesday along with time on the weekends when the league can really sell the game.

-He then made a comment along the lines the Wings don't really have home ice advantage in the playoffs because of how much time they spend on the road throughout the season? Not quite sure I fully understand so maybe someone else can interpret that one.

Love the fact he gives s*** to Pittsburgh fans right off the bat lol

Yeah I didn't quite get that. Don't really know what's going on there.

-He then made a comment along the lines the Wings don't really have home ice advantage in the playoffs because of how much time they spend on the road throughout the season? Not quite sure I fully understand so maybe someone else can interpret that one.

I think he meant that while they are playing a home game that a lot of times they don't get to sleep at their house. Since travel times are so long for Detroit they end up in a hotel before a home game so they don't benefit from family time and stuff.

I think he meant that while they are playing a home game that a lot of times they don't get to sleep at their house. Since travel times are so long for Detroit they end up in a hotel before a home game so they don't benefit from family time and stuff.

That's kind of how I interpreted it. Ken mentioned something about the Flyers only having to leave their time zone twice during the entire season to help make his point that Detroit has to go on 3 or 4 game Western Canadian trips a couple times a year.