• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

"The Red Wing"

Rate this topic

Like the rest of the guardians...stupid.

I like the GP concept, but for something supposedly several months in development with allegedly professional comic writers involved, it's been disappointing. The whole thing seems like some college art student spent the whole semester partying, and had to cram the whole project into one weekend.

Three things.

1: The NHL Guardian Project is a colossal flop. It's lame. The designs are uninspired and each one has way too may superpowers. And lame ones, too.

2: If the Red Wing has jets on its back, why does it need really clunky wheels to stand on?

3: I love that the Red Wing sounds like the one in charge. ;)

Ya... that's pretty bad. I'm no comic book aficionado but I know enough to know that is really weak. It's like someone drew a dude and then shoehorned wings and wheels on him. It's hideous.

Edited by Broken 16

Some of these have been pretty interesting and inspired and some have been pretty lame. The Red Wing looks more like an 80's Transformer than a super-human. It would have been more appropriate if the helmet resembled a falcon rather than a hawk, but whatever.

I think it bears remembering that Stan Lee was writing comics before science made sense to the common man. I think it's funny that the Canuck can make weapons out of rain, but back when Lee was writing, the Human Torch could knock people around with a flame-hammer.

Some of these have been pretty interesting and inspired and some have been pretty lame. The Red Wing looks more like an 80's Transformer than a super-human. It would have been more appropriate if the helmet resembled a falcon rather than a hawk, but whatever.

I think it bears remembering that Stan Lee was writing comics before science made sense to the common man. I think it's funny that the Canuck can make weapons out of rain, but back when Lee was writing, the Human Torch could knock people around with a flame-hammer.

Bolded exactly what I thought. It looks like a cross breed of Optimus Prime and Starstreaker (I think? The jet plane thinger)

I think you guys are analyzing it a little too much. It's just a promotion/gimmick. That's it. Not a comic-purist's wet dream nor a 3rd grade sketch. The NHL (God I can't believe I'm going to defend them :puke:) is just trying unconventional stuff to attract/engage fans. Failure? Pretty much. But I just feel people are taking it a little too seriously.

Why has this whole comic book thing come about? NHL merging with Marvel and or DC comics or something?

Yeah; we're gonna see Joe Kocur paired up with Chun-Li to fight Ryu and Wolverine in the next Marvel vs. Capcom game.

Edited by eva unit zero

I think you guys are analyzing it a little too much. It's just a promotion/gimmick. That's it. Not a comic-purist's wet dream nor a 3rd grade sketch. The NHL (God I can't believe I'm going to defend them :puke:) is just trying unconventional stuff to attract/engage fans. Failure? Pretty much. But I just feel people are taking it a little too seriously.

I don't think anyone is taking them too serious. The super hero idea has a lot of potential, but so far most of the are just recycled, or just terrible.

are you serious? that is absolutely awful.

I think it looks cool. But I didn't know the idea of "NHL Guardians" existed until I opened this thread, either.I just saw a transformer Red Wing lookin' guy and thought "Hey, that's pretty sweet!"

Sue me.

Edited by Selliria

Laaaame. Although at least we didn't get a bear in a gym suit (Bruins). I wouldn't mind the Transformer look that much if they'd made it a cool Transformer, but this just looks like one of Iron Man's first crude attempts. And the "tricycle of doom"...yeah, what can I say but lol? Wish we could've gotten actual bird wings since that's what's on our logo, but I guess they thought they had to do something different after the Flyer and the Capital.

I like the King and the Lightning best, myself. Not that I love either, but they're the least lame to me. Of course, the King is more of a knight than a king, but whatever.

This is sort of a dorky idea to start with, but I was willing to humor it at first. Unfortunately, most of the designs turned out just as lame as I thought they would. No offense to Stan Lee, who is still an awesome dude, but this particular project doesn't really grab me. Some of it is too obvious and looks recycled from more famous superheroes, while other parts make you wonder where they came up with that idea. Take the water sabre for the Sabre, for instance. They could've just gone with some kind of cool-looking sword (and maybe done sort of a medieval thing like the King), but instead it's made out of...water? Yeah, that's really bad-ass. At least Aquaman was telepathic...this guy just has the less-technologically-advanced version of a squirt gun.

1) I liked the concept, and thought it could be neat if they did something cool with it. But they would need an amusing comic book, or cartoons or something.

2) Unfortunately, most of the guardians are stupid, with lame super powers, and a really pathetic story. For most of them they don't even hardly represent the team very well.

Here is what would make them interesting:

1) Fire the artists.

2) Fire the writers.

3) Hire new better artists.

4) Hire new better writers.

Sorry, it's just VERY poorly done. I am firmly convinced that I've seen six year olds create most entertaining super heroes using nothing but a trash bag, and some duct tape.

I get the Jet Wings, since it's a "Redwing", and I get the wheels since it's the motor city, But why in the HELL does he have the super power of "Tracking things", and telekinesis? Sounds like someone just ran out of ideas, and did a classic.....

"Ok....motor city. Motor city equals cars. Cars are Mechanical. Mechanical stuff uses Electricity. Electricity....Electricity equals energy. Energy. Telekinesis does stuff with energy. Telekinesis...yes...especially cars from America".

Now for the second super power. They were like:

"Ok....motor city. Motor city equals cars. Cars often have GPS in them. GPS, GPS helps you find things. Finding things....is tracking. Ah ha, Tracking!!!! Get it....like GPS?"

And some ****** is getting paid to do that.

Let me summarize:

Physical: Outdated F14 wings, Clumsy Tonka Truck wheels, otherwise a big red robot with a bumper decal on his chest, and a hawk shaped helmet just for the hell of it.

Personality: He's a bossy general type who demands perfection, but sucks at making decisions on the fly, or adapting to situations, making him effectively a useless superhero if anything goes wrong.

Super Powers: Tracking of crap, and telekinesis of mechanical devices, specifically American made cars.

I'm just not impressed.

Edited by Joey v3.4