Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Link to NHL.com

Looks neat.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

That's awesome.

#3 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:11 PM

Like the rest of the guardians...stupid.

I like the GP concept, but for something supposedly several months in development with allegedly professional comic writers involved, it's been disappointing. The whole thing seems like some college art student spent the whole semester partying, and had to cram the whole project into one weekend.

#4 stinky fish taco

stinky fish taco

FEED ME NEGS

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

That's awesome.

are you serious? that is absolutely awful.

Helm is a perennial Selke candidate

LOL

#5 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,572 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

Three things.

1: The NHL Guardian Project is a colossal flop. It's lame. The designs are uninspired and each one has way too may superpowers. And lame ones, too.

2: If the Red Wing has jets on its back, why does it need really clunky wheels to stand on?

3: I love that the Red Wing sounds like the one in charge. ;)
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#6 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

Ya... that's pretty bad. I'm no comic book aficionado but I know enough to know that is really weak. It's like someone drew a dude and then shoehorned wings and wheels on him. It's hideous.

Edited by Broken 16, 17 January 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#7 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:37 PM

I'm the only fan? :ph34r:

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#8 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

I like his rocket-fueled tricycle of doom!
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

I like his rocket-fueled tricycle of doom!

:lol:

I know nothing of such things. Where's Edi? He's the aficionado of all things graphic art-like.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#10 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

:lol:

I know nothing of such things. Where's Edi? He's the aficionado of all things graphic art-like.

Edi's version of a Red Wings guardian would simply be Lilja's beard.

#11 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

Edi's version of a Red Wings guardian would simply be Lilja's beard.

:P Possibly so.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#12 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

slick
:thumbup:
be about it!

#13 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

Some of these have been pretty interesting and inspired and some have been pretty lame. The Red Wing looks more like an 80's Transformer than a super-human. It would have been more appropriate if the helmet resembled a falcon rather than a hawk, but whatever.

I think it bears remembering that Stan Lee was writing comics before science made sense to the common man. I think it's funny that the Canuck can make weapons out of rain, but back when Lee was writing, the Human Torch could knock people around with a flame-hammer.

#14 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

Some of these have been pretty interesting and inspired and some have been pretty lame. The Red Wing looks more like an 80's Transformer than a super-human. It would have been more appropriate if the helmet resembled a falcon rather than a hawk, but whatever.

I think it bears remembering that Stan Lee was writing comics before science made sense to the common man. I think it's funny that the Canuck can make weapons out of rain, but back when Lee was writing, the Human Torch could knock people around with a flame-hammer.

Bolded exactly what I thought. It looks like a cross breed of Optimus Prime and Starstreaker (I think? The jet plane thinger)

#15 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:40 AM

I think you guys are analyzing it a little too much. It's just a promotion/gimmick. That's it. Not a comic-purist's wet dream nor a 3rd grade sketch. The NHL (God I can't believe I'm going to defend them :puke:) is just trying unconventional stuff to attract/engage fans. Failure? Pretty much. But I just feel people are taking it a little too seriously.

#16 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

Why has this whole comic book thing come about? NHL merging with Marvel and or DC comics or something?

#17 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

Why has this whole comic book thing come about? NHL merging with Marvel and or DC comics or something?

Yeah; we're gonna see Joe Kocur paired up with Chun-Li to fight Ryu and Wolverine in the next Marvel vs. Capcom game.

Edited by eva unit zero, 18 January 2011 - 12:59 AM.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#18 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

I think you guys are analyzing it a little too much. It's just a promotion/gimmick. That's it. Not a comic-purist's wet dream nor a 3rd grade sketch. The NHL (God I can't believe I'm going to defend them :puke:) is just trying unconventional stuff to attract/engage fans. Failure? Pretty much. But I just feel people are taking it a little too seriously.

I don't think anyone is taking them too serious. The super hero idea has a lot of potential, but so far most of the are just recycled, or just terrible.

#19 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:41 AM

Um, OK.......... :unsure:
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#20 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:22 AM

are you serious? that is absolutely awful.

I think it looks cool. But I didn't know the idea of "NHL Guardians" existed until I opened this thread, either.I just saw a transformer Red Wing lookin' guy and thought "Hey, that's pretty sweet!"

Sue me.

Edited by Selliria, 18 January 2011 - 02:24 AM.