• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

"The Red Wing"

Rate this topic

Some of these have been pretty interesting and inspired and some have been pretty lame. The Red Wing looks more like an 80's Transformer than a super-human. It would have been more appropriate if the helmet resembled a falcon rather than a hawk, but whatever.

I think it bears remembering that Stan Lee was writing comics before science made sense to the common man. I think it's funny that the Canuck can make weapons out of rain, but back when Lee was writing, the Human Torch could knock people around with a flame-hammer.

Which is probably why I actually kind of like it. You guys know how Transformers obsessed I am.

Oops. :lol:

That said, the wheels almost look like an afterthought and could have been integrated better. :P

I think you guys are analyzing it a little too much. It's just a promotion/gimmick. That's it. Not a comic-purist's wet dream nor a 3rd grade sketch. The NHL (God I can't believe I'm going to defend them :puke:) is just trying unconventional stuff to attract/engage fans. Failure? Pretty much. But I just feel people are taking it a little too seriously.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right...

Which is probably why I actually kind of like it. You guys know how Transformers obsessed I am.

Oops. :lol:

That said, the wheels almost look like an afterthought and could have been integrated better. :P

So wait what's this about Transformers? Are we going to see that hot Australian girl here soon or...?

as has been said, Stan Lee created basically the entire universe. But it was the people after him who expanded on these characters and made them make sense. He's been riding the coattails of his creations for years and now comes across as a incoherent old codger.

If the nhl wanted this done right (and it never needed to be done at all,...) they should have got a guy like geoff johns (who wouldn't touch this with a ten foot poll)

I agree that you can't take this too seriously. It was interesting in the way that a horoscope is interesting, in that I don't think it will command much attention after their presentation at the All-Star game.

Not to mention, I think we will see a familiar, but different Red Wings team after Lidstrom retires. Many of the aspects that he excels in seem to majorly impact the "Red Wing," except that I'm not sure where inadaptability came from. Hudler? :P How can these characters manage to stay relevant to the teams the represent? It would be interesting if major hockey events, like the trading of a captain, would influence the corresponding character, e.g. the loss of a lover. Profound events like this can result in powerful changes in mindset.

I was just looking through the Guardian Project this weekend with a friend of mine, laughing at how silly these have been. The super heroes are generally re-hashed X-Men and Marvel characters that are Frankenstiened together to create little more than a mess, really. I also agree that they all have way too many super powers, especially because a lot of them have the same super powers.

I think the Red Wing is pretty underwhelming, but I guess it could be worse.

One thing I thought was kind of cool was all of the Original 5 guardians have a little "6" patch on their shoulder, but for some reason, the Red Wing does not have one...

What gives??

One thing I thought was kind of cool was all of the Original 5 guardians have a little "6" patch on their shoulder, but for some reason, the Red Wing does not have one...

What gives??

A) Bettman is trying to change history and erase the Red Wings place in the original six from the minds of NHL fans (would this make Bettman the criminal The Red Wing figts? hmmmm).

B) Stan Lee doesn't follow hockey and thinks the Red Wings are an expansion team.

Edited by ACallToArms

I still think that a Ted Lindsay Transformer who shoots Little Caesar's Pizza would be a better representation of the Red Wings.

(I tried to upload the picture but my computer is fail, so you'll just have to click the link if you're interested in seeing the ridiculousness that is the Ted Lindsay Transformer. Sorry.)

Any thoughts on what the "Evil" that they'll all be fighting is?

Edited by tingnoel

Granted, most of these "Guardians" have been pretty stupid, but the thing bothers me the most are the powers. Almost every guardian has a main power and then "Oh and he can do this and this and this and this..."

Also, someone made an interesting comment on one of the Facebook posts for the project: Why aren't any of the guardians women? I mean, I realize the whole thing is promoting a men's hockey league but I would at least expect to see female guardians for Chicago and Pittsburgh :P