• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

"The Red Wing"

Rate this topic

Wait. You're posting that link as if this is something new?

This has been going on for over a month and has been discussed quite a bit on these boards.

My thread was merged but I did think it was something new...I wasn't aware it had been around for so long... DOH! Still think the whole idea is pretty *** anyway :thumbdown::thumbdown:

Did anyone else catch this today? Not that impressive if that's what the big deal was about... kind of cheesy too with the Hurricane getting to play hero. I'm still curious to see where they go from here though.

Take a look at the website Guardian Project . I've had a good root through this today and actually think it's quite cool. There's a backing story and a "Behind the Scenes" video. As well as all the characters in their comic form.

I'm pretty hyped about this! I think people are getting the idea that this was totally hockey related, and the heros are going to be ace hockey players or something?! But the only relation to hockey seems to be that the kid involved is a youth hockey player. His dying father created these Guardians to protect him - and I'm guessing he related them to NHL teams coz his son was a hockey fan?!?

That's my 2 cents anyway (or 2 pence if you're from the UK like me) :)

didn't read through all the posts but why isn't the Red Wing hero an octopusman or something like that? I really expected it to be something like that. Like a hero that had tenticles on its head and it shoots toxic ink or something. The lightning one was the only one I thought was remotely cool.

Holy s***, they're really are trying to market to 5 year olds.

Well, yeah.. that's kind of the entire point of this whole project. The point is to find a way for parents to get their young children into the sport through a means the child would be most interested in. The fact that a bunch of older hockey fans think this project is terrible means nothing to the creators. They aren't making this stuff for you or me.

And for how terrible it is, over 1,000,000 fans on Facebook have been participating and voting for which Guardian is revealed next.

Needless to say, this isn't going anywhere. Apparently, it's working just fine for the intended market.