• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#41 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:51 PM

Stan Lee is eighty-eight years old. This does not add to his legacy.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#42 tingnoel

tingnoel

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

I still think that a Ted Lindsay Transformer who shoots Little Caesar's Pizza would be a better representation of the Red Wings.

(I tried to upload the picture but my computer is fail, so you'll just have to click the link if you're interested in seeing the ridiculousness that is the Ted Lindsay Transformer. Sorry.)

Any thoughts on what the "Evil" that they'll all be fighting is?

Edited by tingnoel, 18 January 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#43 Franzenisgod

Franzenisgod

Jr. Prospect

• 16 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

I'm the only fan? :ph34r:

Negative. I like the concept but as someone stated, the designs are weak
Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time! - Mickey Redmond

#44 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Granted, most of these "Guardians" have been pretty stupid, but the thing bothers me the most are the powers. Almost every guardian has a main power and then "Oh and he can do this and this and this and this..."

Also, someone made an interesting comment on one of the Facebook posts for the project: Why aren't any of the guardians women? I mean, I realize the whole thing is promoting a men's hockey league but I would at least expect to see female guardians for Chicago and Pittsburgh :P

#45 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

Yep, these suck. I was also optimistic about it at first, but was worried it wouldn't work well because how do you relate superheroes to hockey? I'd be happier with Casey Jones wearing a Wings jersey.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#46 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:44 PM

I didn't know the idea of "NHL Guardians" existed until I opened this thread

Me either.

You learn something new every day, I guess.

#47 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:21 PM

I suspect that the target audiance for the Guardian Project doesn't post on internet hockey forums.

My 5 year old brother would probably love these concepts.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#48 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

Red Wings already have a super hero... his name is Nicklas Lidstrom.

#49 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:27 PM

Red Wings already have a super hero... his name is Nicklas Lidstrom.

Totally gotta be Stevie as head hero honcho. Lids is his trusty sidekick. :P

#50 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Totally gotta be Stevie as head hero honcho. Lids is his trusty sidekick. :P

I had to limit my choice by the current roster. I almost named Stevie but then with all the greats, where do you stop? :)

#51 Joey v3.4

Joey v3.4

Stoned

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:29 PM

I still think that a Ted Lindsay Transformer who shoots Little Caesar's Pizza would be a better representation of the Red Wings.

(I tried to upload the picture but my computer is fail, so you'll just have to click the link if you're interested in seeing the ridiculousness that is the Ted Lindsay Transformer. Sorry.)

Any thoughts on what the "Evil" that they'll all be fighting is?

They should have done East Vs West. East could be Evil, West could be good. Or Vice Versa. Only problem then is you'd have people complaining about if they were good or bad.

Personally, I think Crosby would make a better villian than a super hero :)

I'm not saying I could do a better job than the people in charge of this, but I would do East vs West, and each division could be in a sense it's own league of super heroes. You could even incorporate rivalries, for Example the Wings and Hawks are on the same team, but they still have their own internal disagreements, and even while working together, they are jealous and resentful of one another, during battle attempting to one up each other, and during peacetime, playing pranks and sabotaging one another for kicks. You could have the Penguins be like the genius overlords of the evil team, while Philly is known for being the big mean enforcer that every EVIL superpower needs. Just some examples.

Or a telekinetic robot with outdated airplane wings.....whatever. ***.

Edited by Joey v3.4, 18 January 2011 - 07:31 PM.

And Boom goes the Dynamite.

#52 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

This whole project has to be the stupidest thing in the history of history. NHL teams as superheros? Come on. No one will even remember this marketing stunt by this time next year.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#53 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

I believe this comic about sums it up.

#54 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

A) Bettman is trying to change history and erase the Red Wings place in the original six from the minds of NHL fans (would this make Bettman the criminal The Red Wing figts? hmmmm).
B) Stan Lee doesn't follow hockey and thinks the Red Wings are an expansion team.

I'm willing to be the answer is neither of those.

A) Bettman would never be so intimately involved in this kind of project. (I doubt he even works 8 hr days :lol:)

B) Stan Lee would definitely check facts on something like that... or someone else would at least notice the error before now.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#55 clutchngrab

clutchngrab

clutchngrab

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:17 AM

Here's what might work:
Get the 12 year old kids that did Captain Underpants to write copy and do illustrations
Are you kidding? Block you? And miss watching you stumble around the forum looking for an argument like a dog sniffing butts? It would be like turning off a bad episode of Jerry Springer. You know you shouldn't be watching, but you just... can't... help... it...

#56 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:26 AM

Would that I could actually draw...

How has no one else picked up on Edi's 5am drunk comment? Or am I the only one not able to decipher this lol.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#57 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:49 AM

How has no one else picked up on Edi's 5am drunk comment? Or am I the only one not able to decipher this lol.

You're not the only one. I tried 3 times to make sense of it, then I looked at the timestamp, back at the username, and moved on :lol:

#58 thegerkin

thegerkin

Statue of Liberty!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:54 AM

This whole project has to be the stupidest thing in the history of history. NHL teams as superheros? Come on. No one will even remember this marketing stunt by this time next year.

I'm putting this up there with adding a Southern California expansion team named The Mighty Ducks, with accompanying movies and cartoons.

#59 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

I see a Kart Racing video game in the "Guardians" future :lol:

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#60 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

What? That was proper English, damn it! And I wasn't drunk, I was actually up getting ready for work at that ungodly hour!

"Would that I could actually draw..." is just a fancier and more wistful way of saying, "If I could actually draw, I would probably be able to do something neat." :lol:

My dieting has reduced my boozing as of late, sadly. :P

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!