• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

As long as Joey Mac keeps this game close, I will be happy. PLLLLEEAAASE don't embarrass us in Pittsburgh's barn.

Oh and if we run a tight ship and play smart......4-3 Wings.

Edited by zombi

Kunitz will slew-foot Franzen

Cooke will sucker-punch Kronwall from behind

Letang will jump Hudler

Lidstrom scores a pair, 2-1 Wings win

You left out the inevitable cheap shot from Orpik. Other than that, you're spot on.

I'd feel a lot better about this if we weren't putting in our 3rd string goalie. It would be pretty sweet to beat them with half of our AHL team on their ice. lol

gotta wonder if this one will get scrappy. can't say im opposed to that scenario at all. Very excited for this game tonight. It's truly too bad Crosby is out -- it'd be nice to see Zetterberg completely shut him down again or who knows, maybe that could have squared off for a fight. Guess that'll have to wait. Go wings, i hope they still take them out while missing key components to the line up.

Hudler gets at least one goal and Ericsson beats up Orpik.

We're gonna win but every fan, besides Wings fans, and sports commentator will say we beat them without Crosby and not mention the fact we were down two of our top scorers, one of our top D-men, our starting goalie and our backup, and a couple key role-players.

Yeah, but other than that...! :ph34r:

F s***tsburgh.

Glad s***head is not playing so I don't have to look at his molester 'stach.

Sad s***head is not playing so I can't watch Z own him all night.

I'd like to get a Win tonight, especially on their ice. Really hope we can dodge the plethora of cheap shots coming our way, hope the zebras do not ignore them.

Really hope we pull this one out... Either way who ever loses this game will have the excuses already lined up... Pitt, "We don't have the Golden Boy." Det. "We are icing an AHL team."

Now I'm not saying that either excuse isn't a worthy one but I would have loved to have this game played with both teams Healthy so we can pump em and give em a reminder why they won't be winning the Cup this year...

crash

I love how almost irrational all the hate on this board for the penguins is. Yeah Cooke, Kunitz, Roberts and Crosby have done s*** that makes them cheap. But Orpik is just a hard hitting stay at home guy and Engelland we haven ever even played and is one of the best up and coming tough guys.

Engelland is hardly a cheap shot type guy lol

Anyways, hoping for a wings win since I hate the penisguins. Ericcson fights someone, Z lights up Fleury

It's not a terrible stat in certain aspects. It's very useful when comparing players on the same team, especially players on the same line or D-Pairing.

I am not looking forward to listen to everyone whine about Crosby whining in this thread.

Wings win 3-2

I think Lidstrom's +/- this year shows that it isn't always even useful for that

unless anyone seriously thinks Lidstrom is the worst even strength defenseman on the team(excluding Kindl since he wasn't a regular when Stuart was healthy)?

Edited by ricky0034

Come on boys! Nice road win tonight. Let's come out of this one with all the players we have left. unsure.gif

Can we do that??? To be seen. But the pessimist in me doesn't think so, and won't say much in regards to the outcome. I realize s*** Stain isn't playing but the youngens got to get it done. Big Grey-Fritters-Muskrat line has been thumbup.gif for us. Close one tonight that's all I got.

Current Streaks

Regular Season Streaks

Overall: 1-game winning streak (overtime)

Road 2-game losing streak (shootout)

Historical Regular Season Streaks vs. Pittsburgh

Overall: 1-game winning streak

Road: 1-game losing streak (shootout)

Last Ten Games

Last Ten Games – Current Regular Season

Overall: 6W-2L-1OTL-1SOL

Road: 6W-3L-0OTL-1SOL

Last Ten Games - Historical Regular Season vs. Pittsburgh

Overall: 7W-1L-1OTL-1OTL

Road: 5W-4L-0OTL-1SOL

Home Stand / Road Trip

This is the first game of a two-game road trip.

Record on this Date

January 18

This is the 32nd regular season game played on this date. The Club's record in the previous 31 games:

10W-16L-5T

This is the 2nd regular season game played against Pittsburgh on this date. The Club’s record in the previous game:

1W-0L

LGW.

Edited by cusimano_brothers

Yup, don't forget about Deryk Engelland.

A Penguin? Suspended? Inconceivable!

Bahaha, true, what was I thinking? That'd be like Ron Hextall having a "Free Hugs Day."

Muleswillfly- Did you really just say break a leg to three of our remaining star players...I mean I get the reasoning behind it, but I dont know we even need to give them the hint of hearing those words given the injury bug that we got going.

Gonna be watching this one in my campus apartment with a bunch of Saudi Students who will be getting "English" lessons by watching me watch the game. Wings 4-2 Lids, Franzen, Zetts 2

GO WINGS

If they do get injured, go ahead and blame me.

I'm glad Crosby is out. The Pens are always tougher when he's on the ice.

If the Wings come out hard and play 60 minutes of hockey... and their veterans show why they've been in the NHL so long, we should win this game. That's what I'm hoping for.

GO WINGS!!!

"When you compete against another organization in the finals two years in a row, there's always going to be that rivalry, even if we only play each other once or twice a year," Penguins forward Chris Kunitz(notes) said. "They're obviously one of the best teams in the West, even with quite a few injuries. So it's going to be a good matchup."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/preview;_ylt=AuLZXgFTe77z1arLEEPC83J7vLYF?gid=2011011816

Edited by darkmanx

I have decided to laugh at this news... but good news that Howard's on his way back sooner rather than later :thumbup:

Oh McCollum... This kid really sucks right now huh? He needs to Feng Shui something in his life or... something, I don't know.