• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

My Pens buddy keeps texting me.. he's pissed at us. He'd rather see Howard in there.

Just kills me to watch them drop the momentum ball just burst right there. We could be within one and bringing it on in the 3rd. Instead we're floundering again.

What happened to the "in the crease" rule?

Malkin was very obviously in the middle of the crease for the third goal.

"in the crease" is no longer a rule. When it gets called, its likely for goaltender interference and is often mistakenly announced by the refs as in the crease.

I didnt think there was interference on the 3rd Pens goal.

OK, Wings, you can still do this. Flower is not invincible, you are better. You know how you picture people in their underwear to defuse any possible power they might have? Picture Flowerboy falling on his face as he steps on the ice... over and over again. :D

Come out swinging in the 4rd, forget about getting screwed over by the refs, and concentrate on punching holes in the back of their smelly net.

I know you can do it -- show them how it's done.

GO, WINGS!!!

Guest stinky fish taco

yup, mccrimmon sits with kronwall between periods and tells him "make a bunch of stupid passes", right guys?

What happened to the "in the crease" rule?

Malkin was very obviously in the middle of the crease for the third goal.

This is the NHL, the make the rules (and interpretation) up as they go <_< .

Guest Howard He Do It?!

"in the crease" is no longer a rule. When it gets called, its likely for goaltender interference and is often mistakenly announced by the refs as in the crease.

I didnt think there was interference on the 3rd Pens goal.

The only interference was in Kronwall's head.

Yikes, I just heard that a player on the Habs just suffered a collapsed lung...?

I cannot believe I actually figured that acronym out.

Impressed. :D

Also, how many minuses has Lidstrom gotten this season that are irrelevant to his play on the ice?

Agreed, Nick's +/- is so misleading this season. Particularly when a lot of his points have come on the PP this season.

Lidstrom going further into the negative +/-

His defensive partners are really going to put a crimp on his Norris chances.

I first read that as chimp. Subliminal suggestion, I guess, since they are playing "Orang-letang" tonight. He is "supposed" to win the Norris this year. Look where he plays - it could happen, stats or no stats.

Lidstrom going further into the negative +/-

His defensive partners are really going to put a crimp on his Norris chances.

A lot of it has to do with how Babs rarely puts him out there with the 1st line. He's always playing with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines and that obviously means he's not in on as many pluses.

A lot of it has to do with how Babs rarely puts him out there with the 1st line. He's always playing with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines and that obviously means he's not in on as many pluses.

Which clearly explains how Abby and Helm have some of the highest plus/minuses on the team...

Young guys/role-players to step up and show us/coaching staff that they have enough heart to be a Red Wing. Not much else.

In the first two periods, it was mostly the veterans screwing up, and only a few screwups by the young'ns/newbies/rookies. THAT'S what's scary. Bert, Rafalski, Kronwall, Draper, etc., etc., etc. :scared:

Yah I do not like that either... the team, top line included, plays better when Nick is on the ice to feed them the puck. But, once Pavs and Cleary are back in the line-up we will see Nick's plus/minus go back up so no worries there.

We can sit here and blame Kronners all we want, but fact is it is the team that has been playing LOUSY defense for the past month, apart from a few individuals, and every game results in the same thing. "We need to start on time" or "we need to play better without the puck and make better decisions." Well, after a month I am not convinced that Babs's message is getting through to the team... this is unacceptable. Another note, Kronners has been the best dman this year along with Nick almost all season, so to sit here and whine about that bad play is dumb.

Fact is, the team is tired, and rightfully so, they have worked their asses off this past month; missing many players and dealing with a really tough schedule so they will get much deserved rest over the all star break and start from scrach in feb with Cleary and Pavs thank god.