• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

Christ guys, did you forget that most our players on the ice are Grffins wearing Wings jerseys?

That doesn't explain the defense and the goaltending over the last 2 months. God if we could trade Rafalski wasted 6 mil....

Guest Heaten

Oh, and Wings got boned on that Penalty Shot that Miller didn't get. And refs run interference for the Peguins. Filppula had a clear path to the net, but ref decided not to move out of the way.

Guest stinky fish taco

Despite all the injuries, if Wings had (at the very least) a 2nd string goalie, they easily win this game. Easily!

lol

It's not all that complicated. They just had too much suck. They won't suck next game. The ship's not on fire, and we all don't have to jump to our deaths, like rats, into the ocean. Joey Mac learned a valuable lesson about playing the puck, I think. Big deal. Stinker of a game. I say we move on....

Just finished the game on DVR. I watched the 1st, was pissed. Started the second then, figuring the night would go like a typical Wings game lately, I fast-forwarded until they scored. Then Pittsburgh scored. So I fast-forwarded, too frustrated to wait out the possible comeback, hoping I would see something to make me stop and watch. Instead, it looked like Pittsburgh just continued to dominate.

Most poorly played game of the season, I think.

EDIT: And did anyone else find it just so stupidly predictable that the backup to the backup's backup broke his fingertip in a pre-game skate? Sigh.

Edited by VM1138

Despite all the injuries, if Wings had (at the very least) a 2nd string goalie, they easily win this game. Easily!

Considering that they got a goal off a turn over then crashing the net to get it, I doubt it. They capitalized on our mistakes.

Also I think the 2nd line looked invisible for the most part. Again not a full 60 minute game along with very very bad passing.

I started to notice this more and more even when we were healthy. Passes are not on the stick on the break out. They are a foot in front, in the feet, slow/half ass, or behind. Even on the PP when they do a drop pass it's not even right in the lane of the forward receiving it. Detroit for the majority does not have great foot speed but what makes us look fast is that the passes are usually on the stick while the forwards are in full flight and that hasn't been happening for awhile.

16th or 17th game now with 4 goals against

I count 19

Edited by dragonballgtz

I noticed this and was wondering if anyone else did, or if I'm nuts again. It seemed like they weren't having that much trouble (relatively) getting into the Pens' zone by passing through neutral ice; however, instead of taking that route, which I thought was leading to some decent scoring chances when they did do that, they dumped and chased a lot, which was getting them absolutely nowhere. I noticed the same thing at Vancouver, except at Vancouver they were actually DOING the passing and getting right into the slot, and NOT settling for the dump and chase. I'm not understanding why they didn't do the same thing tonight. Maybe because their passing's a little off, so they didn't want to open themselves up to turnovers? I don't know...it still seems better than just dumping the puck in there and having Pittsburgh come up with it. Anyway, is this making sense at all?

Henrik Zetterberg was frustrated that the Wings had nothing to show for 13 first-period shots.

“We’re only talking about that we have to play better defense, better defense, but if we score some goals, we will be right there,” he said. “We’re all good players, we know what to do. Sometimes too much thinking is not good at all, we’ve just got to go out and execute and play good hockey.”

Read more: Red Wings outmanned by Penguins | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20110118/SPORTS05/110118053/Red-Wings-outmanned-by-Penguins#ixzz1BTxHip9D

:unsure: