487 replies to this topic

#361 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

Lidstrom going further into the negative +/-
His defensive partners are really going to put a crimp on his Norris chances.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#362 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

What happened to the "in the crease" rule?

Malkin was very obviously in the middle of the crease for the third goal.

that magically got changed overnight in 1999. Gee, no, I'm not bitter at all. <_<

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#363 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Yikes, I just heard that a player on the Habs just suffered a collapsed lung...?

I cannot believe I actually figured that acronym out.

Impressed. :D

Also, how many minuses has Lidstrom gotten this season that are irrelevant to his play on the ice?

Agreed, Nick's +/- is so misleading this season. Particularly when a lot of his points have come on the PP this season.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#364 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

that magically got changed overnight in 1999. Gee, no, I'm not bitter at all. <_<

With the exception of Holmstrom.
It's in the fine print.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#365 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

I first read that as chimp. Subliminal suggestion, I guess, since they are playing "Orang-letang" tonight. He is "supposed" to win the Norris this year. Look where he plays - it could happen, stats or no stats.

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Better than Ever

#366 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,333 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:48 PM

A lot of it has to do with how Babs rarely puts him out there with the 1st line. He's always playing with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines and that obviously means he's not in on as many pluses.

#367 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

i wish that Vancouver game wasnt a fluke for the wings

you know what lids is a minus player there is something wrong with the coaching <_<

Edited by brett, 18 January 2011 - 08:51 PM.

#368 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:49 PM

After 5 Beeriods, it's an angry 4rd coming up.

*burp*
Posted Image
Posted Image

#369 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

With the exception of Holmstrom.
It's in the fine print.

I am sure Buffalo is thrilled. :rolleyes:

Let's go, Wings... make them cry big fat Crybaby tears in the 4rd!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#370 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

#371 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

A lot of it has to do with how Babs rarely puts him out there with the 1st line. He's always playing with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th lines and that obviously means he's not in on as many pluses.

Which clearly explains how Abby and Helm have some of the highest plus/minuses on the team...
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#372 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

Young guys/role-players to step up and show us/coaching staff that they have enough heart to be a Red Wing. Not much else.

In the first two periods, it was mostly the veterans screwing up, and only a few screwups by the young'ns/newbies/rookies. THAT'S what's scary. Bert, Rafalski, Kronwall, Draper, etc., etc., etc. :scared:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#373 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Yah I do not like that either... the team, top line included, plays better when Nick is on the ice to feed them the puck. But, once Pavs and Cleary are back in the line-up we will see Nick's plus/minus go back up so no worries there.

We can sit here and blame Kronners all we want, but fact is it is the team that has been playing LOUSY defense for the past month, apart from a few individuals, and every game results in the same thing. "We need to start on time" or "we need to play better without the puck and make better decisions." Well, after a month I am not convinced that Babs's message is getting through to the team... this is unacceptable. Another note, Kronners has been the best dman this year along with Nick almost all season, so to sit here and whine about that bad play is dumb.

Fact is, the team is tired, and rightfully so, they have worked their asses off this past month; missing many players and dealing with a really tough schedule so they will get much deserved rest over the all star break and start from scrach in feb with Cleary and Pavs thank god.

#374 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:56 PM

Game on

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#375 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

Obvious interference on Hudler there. Big surprise on the non-call.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#376 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:57 PM

this is not unwinnable, Wings. Only 3-1!! Come on, Bert! I want goals!!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

Better than Ever

#377 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

alright everyone gotta go attend to some officiating duties for the evening...hope the Wings can comeback have a good night folks!
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#378 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Yah I do not like that either... the team, top line included, plays better when Nick is on the ice to feed them the puck. But, once Pavs and Cleary are back in the line-up we will see Nick's plus/minus go back up so no worries there.

We can sit here and blame Kronners all we want, but fact is it is the team that has been playing LOUSY defense for the past month, apart from a few individuals, and every game results in the same thing. "We need to start on time" or "we need to play better without the puck and make better decisions." Well, after a month I am not convinced that Babs's message is getting through to the team... this is unacceptable. Another note, Kronners has been the best dman this year along with Nick almost all season, so to sit here and whine about that bad play is dumb.

Fact is, the team is tired, and rightfully so, they have worked their asses off this past month; missing many players and dealing with a really tough schedule so they will get much deserved rest over the all star break and start from scrach in feb with Cleary and Pavs thank god.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to sit here and give Kronwall a free pass on that bonehead giveaway just because he has been playing well throughout the season. That's pure homerism.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#379 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Good pressure by the Wings. I really enjoy the Abdelkader line with Mursak and Tatar on the wings.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#380 chellfairy

chellfairy

Jr. Prospect

• 24 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

:scared:OMG! That photo scared the bajeebee's out of me!!! :scared:
Best pic. that Crosby ever took!!:sly: