• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#21 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:50 AM

No Crosby? Zetterberg can focus on offense and score us some curly fries!

Posted Image

#22 Zion

Zion

Hall-of-Famer

• Bronze Booster
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:27 AM

Kunitz will slew-foot Franzen
Cooke will sucker-punch Kronwall from behind
Letang will jump Hudler
Lidstrom scores a pair, 2-1 Wings win
Hockeytown - No Limits

#23 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:05 AM

Those are the popular names but they got wayyyy more guys than those two. Sometimes it seems like it's just what's his face and everybody else around him is supposed to protect him or "scare off" any potential cheap shotters.

Yup, don't forget about Deryk Engelland.

I could've sworn Engelland was suspended, but now I can't find anything about it. Well, poop...I thought we'd have one less little turd to put up with, but I guess not.

A Penguin? Suspended? Inconceivable!

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#24 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:37 AM

Yup, don't forget about Deryk Engelland.

Chris Kunitz... Ugh...

"Hey I'm just gonna jump Darren Helm for no reason other than maybe because he's never fought before and I can bank away a win on my fight card... Yay..."

I mean, with all those disgusting names it really makes me wish that Tardif was in for the game. Not to "answer the bell" but to perhaps send him as a kamikaze to Cooke's ACLs.

#25 legaleaglewingsfan

legaleaglewingsfan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:11 AM

Muleswillfly- Did you really just say break a leg to three of our remaining star players...I mean I get the reasoning behind it, but I dont know we even need to give them the hint of hearing those words given the injury bug that we got going.

Gonna be watching this one in my campus apartment with a bunch of Saudi Students who will be getting "English" lessons by watching me watch the game. Wings 4-2 Lids, Franzen, Zetts 2

GO WINGS

#26 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,226 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:34 AM

Wings.Will.Win. 4-2
Detroit: Miller, Lids, Kronner and Z.
Pittsburgh: Who gives a s**t?

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#27 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

As long as Joey Mac keeps this game close, I will be happy. PLLLLEEAAASE don't embarrass us in Pittsburgh's barn.

Oh and if we run a tight ship and play smart......4-3 Wings.

Edited by zombi, 18 January 2011 - 08:51 AM.

Posted Image

#28 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,897 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:39 AM

3-0. Hudler hatty. Third goal Hudler will skate right through Fleury's fivehole.

Well, he is small enough.

Wings, please win this one. Flip with the GWG.

#29 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Kunitz will slew-foot Franzen
Cooke will sucker-punch Kronwall from behind
Letang will jump Hudler
Lidstrom scores a pair, 2-1 Wings win

You left out the inevitable cheap shot from Orpik. Other than that, you're spot on.

I'd feel a lot better about this if we weren't putting in our 3rd string goalie. It would be pretty sweet to beat them with half of our AHL team on their ice. lol

#30 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

gotta wonder if this one will get scrappy. can't say im opposed to that scenario at all. Very excited for this game tonight. It's truly too bad Crosby is out -- it'd be nice to see Zetterberg completely shut him down again or who knows, maybe that could have squared off for a fight. Guess that'll have to wait. Go wings, i hope they still take them out while missing key components to the line up.

Hudler gets at least one goal and Ericsson beats up Orpik.

#31 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

We're gonna win but every fan, besides Wings fans, and sports commentator will say we beat them without Crosby and not mention the fact we were down two of our top scorers, one of our top D-men, our starting goalie and our backup, and a couple key role-players.

Yeah, but other than that...! :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#32 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Good to be able to come home to the Wings after a depressing day of classes starting again. Let's go boys :thumbup:

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#33 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

F s***tsburgh.

Glad s***head is not playing so I don't have to look at his molester 'stach.
Sad s***head is not playing so I can't watch Z own him all night.

I'd like to get a Win tonight, especially on their ice. Really hope we can dodge the plethora of cheap shots coming our way, hope the zebras do not ignore them.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#34 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

Really hope we pull this one out... Either way who ever loses this game will have the excuses already lined up... Pitt, "We don't have the Golden Boy." Det. "We are icing an AHL team."

Now I'm not saying that either excuse isn't a worthy one but I would have loved to have this game played with both teams Healthy so we can pump em and give em a reminder why they won't be winning the Cup this year...

crash

#35 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

Crosby: Concussion Hiding from Z

Please win Red Wings.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#36 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

That highlight reel really makes me long for the days when we had Williams. :ph34r:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#37 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:51 PM

I love how almost irrational all the hate on this board for the penguins is. Yeah Cooke, Kunitz, Roberts and Crosby have done s*** that makes them cheap. But Orpik is just a hard hitting stay at home guy and Engelland we haven ever even played and is one of the best up and coming tough guys.

Engelland is hardly a cheap shot type guy lol

Anyways, hoping for a wings win since I hate the penisguins. Ericcson fights someone, Z lights up Fleury

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#38 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:27 PM

I hoping for a win. Any win is a good one right now with all our injuries. We just need to keep playing hard and do our best to stay in the top of the standings until our Wings can come back.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#39 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

Crosby Sucks!

And we won't get to see Howard vs Crosby round 2.

Edited by HadThomasVokounOnFortSt, 18 January 2011 - 01:31 PM.

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#40 HockeyTownHouligan

HockeyTownHouligan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:33 PM

"Hoping for a balls to the wall win from the Wings." :siren: HELL YEAH BABY!!! :siren: GONNA BEAT SOME PENS ASS TONIGHT!!! 4-2 Wings win in style. Z gets 2, franzen, and Lidstrom.