• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/18 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Penguins 4

Rate this topic

i think its hilarious that in 08 wings had a total of 184 GA and the very next year when brad took over the total GA went to 244. 2.25ga/g to 2.975ga/g

i dont think you can credit the goal tending to the failure

EXACTLY.

Same thing happened when McCrimmon went to Atlanta, I think it was. Their GA increased dramatically from the previous season.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

im bummed

i was kinda hoping this GDT would be more pages then it already is :(

i just dont really thing the wings cared for this game much really.

i guess the march game is the game thats really gonna be a stellar one to watch.

"Tonight I thought there was way too much looking around, seeing who else was going to do it, and that’s not good enough."

Read more: Red Wings outmanned by Penguins | freep.com | Detroit Free Press http://www.freep.com/article/20110118/SPORTS05/110118053/Red-Wings-outmanned-by-Penguins#ixzz1BUzj87Zb

Definitely one of the most frustrating things about this team, especially when they're fully healthy.

Definitely one of the most frustrating things about this team, especially when they're fully healthy.

What's even sadder is that out 2 bottom lines have been the most impressive game in and game out. Sure they have a breakdown like any other line but they play with passion every night. That's pretty bad when your 3rd and 4th line are out working your top two lines.

What's even sadder is that out 2 bottom lines have been the most impressive game in and game out. Sure they have a breakdown like any other line but they play with passion every night. That's pretty bad when your 3rd and 4th line are out working your top two lines.

Well, true, but in that same breath, the bottom six doesn't have to pace themselves in order to play 20+ minutes every game.

EXACTLY.

Same thing happened when McCrimmon went to Atlanta, I think it was. Their GA increased dramatically from the previous season.

Is there really no one else for the job? i dont understand why we have him after 3 bad defensive years

Is there really no one else for the job?

I have a feeling that there are A LOT of candidates with similar experience who are willing to prove themselves. If you're a coach, why wouldn't you want to be a part of the Red Wings coaching staff? And the same goes for other successful franchises in the NHL.

That in addition to the fact that he's been here as long as he has makes me think that he's really not the problem. Kenny has to think that he's doing a good job.

If we (OK, I...)go with the theory that the third and fourth lines actually do play in another gear (and subsequently usually force the deefense to play up-speed), then perchance Babcock should play those two lines more - even starting the game with them, and letting them play more the first period. (Maybe he's already doing it and because of my frustration, I don't see it.) Yeah, I know - you take the chance of lack of experience making things even worse for us, but it sends two messages. Play harder and faster and more focused in the first period; and if you don't, you may sit longer than you might wish for. I swear, if this s*** keeps up, they're going to have to try something dramatic and drastic, especially in the first period.

Edited by Vladifan

Guest screwdahawks

This team is suppose to have such great leadership but where is it when game after game half of the players don't start skating until about half way through the second period?

I would be TOTALLY PISSED if I had paid 2 hundred bucks for tickets and all I got was the s***ty wholesale turnover cluster f*** I listened to last night.

This team is suppose to have such great leadership but where is it when game after game half of the players don't start skating until about half way through the second period?

I would be TOTALLY PISSED if I had paid 2 hundred bucks for tickets and all I got was the s***ty wholesale turnover cluster f*** I listened to last night.

I'm pissed I paid $80 for tickets to witness that