• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
edicius

Eric Staal and Lidstrom: ASG Captains

Rate this topic

Just got announced. Of course, Bob McKenzie had to say, "Crosby obviously would have been one of them but chances for ASG participation slim". Yeah, because he's throwing a temper tantrum, that's why.

So, who does Lids pick first?

Zetterberg? :x

in all seriousness though, im so glad Crosby isn't going to play...they can't possibly talk about him then, can they?

Awesome to see Lidstrom get some major props. Now he can complete the honors with a Norris and Stanley Cup

Congrats to Lids, but we know this is just gonna be a "coulda shoulda woulda Crosby" media talking point.

Media talking point? It's being talked about in here as much as anywhere else... where you'd think we'd be discussing how awesome it is that Lids is a captain.

(Not a shot at you, just an observation.)

Media talking point? It's being talked about in here as much as anywhere else... where you'd think we'd be discussing how awesome it is that Lids is a captain.

(Not a shot at you, just an observation.)

Yes, as the OP mentioned already.

*ETA* I don't mean to say it will detract from Lids' captaincy. The media will use it to detract from Staal's.

Edited by thedisappearer

Lidstrom getting to pick his team may have just grabbed my attention enough to watch this thing. I mean, the selections will be made on the 28th, so I'll for sure watch that. I'm leaning towards watching the skills competition too, but the actual All-Star game... enh.

I guess it really depends on how the teams get picked.

Even if Crosby's participation wasn't in doubt, Lidstrom and Crosby would have been picked. I presume the NHL's thinking is one captain from each conference.

Again, I have to point out that the players picked the captains I think, which means Crosby would not have gotten the captaincy even if he was able to play.

I'm still not excited to watch the game. Lidstrom may pick the team but what does it matter? The game will end up being a close one anyways as they all try to play fair. He doesn't even have to put any thought into who he picks.

And as for the Skills Competition, that can be fun to watch, thank God we're in the age of the internet and I don't have to sit through it all and watch it on TV. Youtube here I come for very short snippets of the important stuff.

Again, I have to point out that the players picked the captains I think, which means Crosby would not have gotten the captaincy even if he was able to play.

I'm still not excited to watch the game. Lidstrom may pick the team but what does it matter? The game will end up being a close one anyways as they all try to play fair. He doesn't even have to put any thought into who he picks.

And as for the Skills Competition, that can be fun to watch, thank God we're in the age of the internet and I don't have to sit through it all and watch it on TV. Youtube here I come for very short snippets of the important stuff.

Crosby was on the ballot but was not picked regardless.

It is said the players expressed concern about Crosby's health while voting. No word on what else they decided on, but I really don't care.

Lids is a captain and I'm happy.

I think you are overgeneralizing here a little. I think you seriously underestimate the competitiveness of the average NHL superstar. I don't care if you are Gordie Howe or some hack in a beer league. Not getting picked can sting. And the last guy picked is gonna be a little embarrassed. If any format has the potential for chippy play, this is it imo.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Howard He Do It?!

DownGoesBrown @ twitter

A Red Wing is captain for the all-star draft. I assume he'll trade his first round pick, then take a future hall-of-famer in the last round.

:lol:

It's funny because it's true. It's so fun to laugh at things like this when you are a Cup favorite year in and year out. Rejoice!