• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

Is there anyway you can actually substantiate that comment? How many polls have you seen that Crosby tops the list for biggest whiner? I have to believe that the whiner tag is slowly evaporating. There are some players that hate him, sure, but he's pretty well respected around the league. If you ever watch a Pittsburgh vs. Philly game (I'm thinking back to the 2009 playoffs), the games are pretty heated and it certainly looks like Richards and Crosby hate each other, but from what I understand, they are actually pretty good friends off the ice.

My guess is he's referring back to the ESPN Player Poll conducted in 2009. Among the questions asked of the players was "Which player complains the most on the ice?" 52% of player responses were Sidney Crosby. (Kris Draper even got 1% of the vote - haha.) http://sports.espn.g...809playersurvey

Other than that, though, I'm not sure there have been any other polls like that.

Edited by Selliria, 18 January 2011 - 04:09 PM.

#42 Esquire

Esquire

Fix up, Look sharp.

• HoF Booster
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

First of all, congrats to Lids! Now I think I'm interested enough to see how this thing goes down.

Second...

[img]97.1 they were going on about the "he didn't shake Lidas' hand" thing back in '09. I mean, yes, that really pissed me off but does anyone else feel that is all that really gets under their skin about this guy?

I recently watched the last episode of 24-7 and what I either didn't know or couldn't remember, is that teams always line up and shake hands after the Winter Classic...except this year after the Pens lost. The shot just showed the Pens walking off the ice with the Caps waiting and finally Boudreau just goes, "Ah f**k those guys" then laughs and walks off. :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#43 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

Congrats to Lidstrom on being named captain.. Now question is, who does he pick first?
IPB Image

#44 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

Congrats to Lidstrom on being named captain.. Now question is, who does he pick first?

Toews.. intangibles :rotflmao:

#45 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

Do you mean Sharp?
IPB Image

#46 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

Jack Skille....core

"Ah f**k those guys" then laughs and walks off. :lol:

Posted Image He was gold during that whole series.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#47 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

What Blackhawk fans fail to realize is that Kopecky is the anti-intangibles. They cancel eachother out.

#48 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Even if Crosby's participation wasn't in doubt, Lidstrom and Crosby would have been picked. I presume the NHL's thinking is one captain from each conference.

To me Staal was the right pick. He's a great captain and the host city is in Carolina.

#49 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Has anyone heard whether Lidstrom will captain the blue or red team? I'm trying to find a link that says definitively, but can't find one.

#50 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

Crosby better knock it off. If he keeps complimenting Wings players, people around here might actually start liking him.

Nope, he's just back pedaling.

#51 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Nope, he's just back pedaling.

He and Letang actually backed Lidstrom for one of the captain spots.

http://www.freep.com...ll-Star-captain

#52 BeeRYCE

BeeRYCE

Where are the f'n twinkies?!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

I LMAO at you guys still hating on Sid... I mean he's a phenomenal hockey player, in all aspects, he hasn't been "whining" 1/8th as much as he did TWO years ago. He shows respect in how he plays and against others, and people should respect him for his uncanny effort and his uncanny approach to the game. He gets sooo much criticism from fans and even respected media... You think he's so ignorant that he doesn't realize the negative attention he gets? He get's it, and it motivates him. I respect everything about his game.

I just haven't posted here in awhile. But with that said, I'm surprised how many people still hate Crosby. Yes, from 2005-2008 okay, but he has grown up, and still is growing up. So, does it matter that much whether or not he becomes captain or "wants" to become captain? No, IT'S A F**KING ALL STAR GAME!

#53 DatsyukPwnz13

DatsyukPwnz13

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

I hope they go old-school, pond hockey-esque for the selections and pick sticks for teams Posted Image

Edited by DatsyukPwnz13, 18 January 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#54 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

Has anyone heard whether Lidstrom will captain the blue or red team? I'm trying to find a link that says definitively, but can't find one.

I'm almost positive it's the blue team. Thought I read it on Puck Daddy, so take that as you will.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#55 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

I'm almost positive it's the blue team. Thought I read it on Puck Daddy, so take that as you will.

He's definitely captaining the Blue team. Article on NHL.com said so.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#56 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

He's definitely captaining the Blue team. Article on NHL.com said so.

Any way you could point me to that article? I haven't found it and I've been looking for a while.