• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

legaleaglewingsfan

Crosby on strike

Rate this topic

God damn, you guys all whine like Sidney Crosbys...

We saw Pittsburgh in the finals 2 years in a row. They're officially on our s*** list. We're going to discuss, debate, and ***** about their star player. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. People act like every thread around here gets taken up by "Crosby sucks" comments, and that's not true.

I think its very relevant to discuss this potential Crosby snubbing the ASG thing, because our guys got dinged for doing just that. As for that being rumors and hearsay, so is about 99% of what we post here. This is coming from a semi credible news source as well, its not like someone just picked up the info on a random blog.

Edited by ACallToArms

God damn, you guys all whine like Sidney Crosbys...

We saw Pittsburgh in the finals 2 years in a row. They're officially on our s*** list. We're going to discuss, debate, and ***** about their star player. If you don't want to read it, don't click on the thread. People act like every thread around here gets taken up by "Crosby sucks" comments, and that's not true.

I think its very relevant to discuss this potential Crosby snubbing the ASG thing, because our guys got dinged for doing just that. As for that being rumors and hearsay, so is about 99% of what we post here. This is coming from a semi credible news source as well, its not like someone just picked up the info on a random blog.

Agree, we talk about it, because it's making the news! I'd rather not hear about Crosby, but everything he does is front page news, so I'll react!

Did Gretzky ever pull stuff like this when he played? I only got to see him every now and again, and I knew he had a reputation as a bit of a whiner, but was it this bad?

Gretzky is my personal Public Enemy Number One. Yes, he was a whiny *****. It was a long time ago, so whether or not he did it as much I honestly don't remember enough to make that call, but it didn't get covered like it does with SC. Wayne had the advantage of there not being an internet. :)

When they began calling SC "The Next One," I had no idea how accurate that really was at the time.

Wow, it's like Crosby is having a meltdown and the league is trying to make sure he doesn't kill himself. It's really not that big of a deal. If he's seriously upset about not being picked he clearly has some massive ego issues.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/3632/the-real-story-underlying-the-sidney-crosbyall-star-saga

Sweet Jesus, seriously? Crosby gets hit in the head and suddenly they need to ban even incidental hits to the head? I guess whenever someone is coming at you and you have the puck, just crouch so they veer off to avoid hitting your head. I love how things go all nuclear as soon as Crosby gets hurt. Words cannot describe how much I detest that boy and his overall prissy attitude and passive aggressiveness. It's like he knows he has Bettman wrapped around his pinky. Did Gretzky ever pull stuff like this when he played? I only got to see him every now and again, and I knew he had a reputation as a bit of a whiner, but was it this bad?

Are we reading the same stuff????

Where do you get the impression, in any way, shape or form, that Crosby is upset about not being selected? Looks like your massive hate on is blinding you from the facts.

In terms of all the attention his injury is getting, it should....head shots are bad and they'd like to remove them, but it's a tricky subject. The league went nuclear and actually came up with a rule change on the spot after the Cooke hit on Savard.....league hasn't done anything about the Crosby hit, so not sure what you are all worked up about.

I can just imagine the whining we'd be subjected to here if it was Crosby that got hit last year and not Savard and the rule change came because of that....it would be whining of epic proportions. But of course it wasn't him, so no big deal right?

I can just imagine the whining we'd be subjected to here if it was Crosby that got hit last year and not Savard and the rule change came because of that....it would be whining of epic proportions. But of course it wasn't him, so no big deal right?

...obviously. There is no precedent of Savard receiving favoritism in the league so there's no reason to think that was the basis for the rule change.

There is (at least in the eyes of many members of LGW) a heavy Crosby favoritism in the league, so if a rule change was based on him, it's obvious that there would be greater scrutiny.

Wow, it's like Crosby is having a meltdown and the league is trying to make sure he doesn't kill himself. It's really not that big of a deal. If he's seriously upset about not being picked he clearly has some massive ego issues.

Where are you getting that from? I thought the exact opposite after seeing the tweets.

Especially this one: "Shanahan said Crosby had great attitude about the whole thing and wanted to know what he could do to help for all-star"

HBO was thinking of expanding their 24/7 series, weren't they?

Yep. It's going to be 25/8.

Or maybe 80/7.

The big question is whether or not anyone outside of the media noticed if he didn't show up.