• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

The attention this kid gets on our boards has seriously detracted from the quality of these boards over the past 2 years.

Posted Image

No kidding...
I myself don't like Crosby but all this whining over Crosby for petty stuff is getting ridiculous. Go look and the Lidstrom All-Star captain thread. The topic has nothing to due with Crosby yet half the thread is nothing but pot shots at Crosby. One in every five threads on this board turns into a mosh pit of Crosby hate.

#22 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

No kidding...
I myself don't like Crosby but all this whining over Crosby for petty stuff is getting ridiculous. Go look and the Lidstrom All-Star captain thread. The topic has nothing to due with Crosby yet half the thread is nothing but pot shots at Crosby. One in every five threads on this board turns into a mosh pit of Crosby hate.

It also doesn't help that the OP brought it up in that thread.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#23 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

I might like him a little more if he skipped all star weekend.

#24 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

bitchboy87 won't skip that s***, he doesn't have the balls to do it like Lidstrom and Datsyuk did in 09. He's a *****!

Haha, if he skips he's an ******* that deserves to get in trouble. If he doesn't he's a pussybitch.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#25 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Yeah skipping the All-Star game because of a knee injury vs a concussion issue is a wee bit different. Being around bright lights and flashing lights all day is not a smart idea when dealing with a concussion.

#26 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:36 PM

Uncle Gary will not be happy.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#27 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:42 PM

who cares?
Posted Image

#28 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

who cares?

26 posters. Even the ones trying to sidestep it with a "Oh come on! Not another one of these" type inputs to it.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#29 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

Bitching about all the bitching about Crosby is equally as annoying, and takes up as much space in a thread as the actual bitching about Crosby. So in essence, you're contributing to the problem by saying you're above it.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:03 PM

Maybe he's just testing the waters to see if he has what it takes to be “The Face of the Next NHLPA Strike”™.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

Just like Lidstrom or Zetterberg, if the guy wants to make sure he is healthy for the game. I do not think he should be suspended. However if he isn't, and this book ends between other people being suspended for doing this I would be really upset.

Guy shouldn't have to play, plus it would piss Bettman off. Always a good thing.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#32 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Hey it's fun bitching about Crosby.

#33 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Bitching about all the bitching about Crosby is equally as annoying, and takes up as much space in a thread as the actual bitching about Crosby. So in essence, you're contributing to the problem by saying you're above it.

People wouldn't be bitching about the bitching if the people originally bitching actually did research before bitching.

Stop bitching about the bitching about the bitching. Now that I'm bitching someone else is going to start bitching about my bitching.

The bitching needs to stop.

Posted Image

#34 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

We need an "I hate Crosby" section of the forums.

#35 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Lebrun, Dreger and a slew of others have already squashed that idea. They said he's angry that he won't be involved because of his concussion, but also noted that last time he was hurt and couldn't play - he still showed up.

How old is he? :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#36 j.hoop

j.hoop

i hate the flyers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

Oh brother :rolleyes: , why now all of a sudden. There's been headshots going on all season and since he now has one he's crying fowl. Besides he's suppose to have a "slight" concussion but he's still out. Sheesh I thought maybe that hit to the knoggin would have knocked some damn sense into him but alas, no!

i see what you did there
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.” - Sophocles
Posted Image

This just in, Stevie gives Canada the Order of Yzerman. Country bows and feels unworthy.

#37 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

i see what you did there

haha...I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out.

#38 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,180 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

People wouldn't be bitching about the bitching if the people originally bitching actually did research before bitching.

Stop bitching about the bitching about the bitching. Now that I'm bitching someone else is going to start bitching about my bitching.

Do you need a ***** slap?
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#39 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:49 PM

This thread isn't meant to complain about Crosby, so all the people complaining about our complaining can stop. If the title was "___(some other player)____ boycotts all star game" and we wanted to discuss it, does it make us obsessed with that player as well? It's an interesting story. And no one is forcing you to read. Just ignore it.

#40 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Very true. This forum needs a "Everything Crosby" sub forum on here.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".