32 replies to this topic

#1 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

http://www.freep.com...p-McCollum-hurt

"PITTSBURGH -- Jimmy Howard will have to serve as backup for the Detroit Red Wings tonight, as original backup Thomas McCollum has suffered a broken finger after getting hit by a shot during the morning skate.

Joey MacDonald is starting the 7 p.m. game at Consol Energy Center against the Penguins. MacDonald was called up from Grand Rapids on Jan. 9 after Chris Osgood went down with what turned out to be a sports hernia. McCollum was called up Saturday, after Howard took a puck off his right knee Friday at Columbus.

Howard did practice this morning, and was confident afterward hed be ready to start Thursday at St. Louis."

WAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!
getting weird around here... <_<

Edited by Rick Zombos Ghost, 18 January 2011 - 05:06 PM.

#2 redwingmachine

redwingmachine

3rd Line Checker

• Gold Booster
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

What the hell is going on?

Be ready Bert!!

#3 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#4 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

As long as its not another regular....meh.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#5 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

I'm scared, guys.

I'm scared.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#6 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Bettman probably cut short our vitamin supply. No, really what the hell.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#7 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:15 PM

As long as its not another regular....meh.

Yeah but with regulars dropping like flies its still not good to lose any depth we have....someone get Larsson on the phone!

#8 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:18 PM

Yeah but with regulars dropping like flies its still not good to lose any depth we have....someone get Larsson on the phone!

Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about. It's not like other positions that see injury far more regularly.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#9 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

Wow, just wow. Howie won't have to play, and Joey Mac will be fine tonight. It's all temporary, in any case.

Go, Wings!!

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#10 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:22 PM

Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about. It's not like other positions that see injury far more regularly.

This was supposed to be a big year for him with GR. He's been sucking and this wont help. So id say it still sucks big time.

Wow, just wow. Howie won't have to play, and Joey Mac will be fine tonight. It's all temporary, in any case.

Go, Wings!!

MacDonald could let in 9 goals on 10 shots and Howard wont touch the ice i guarantee it.

#11 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:24 PM

This was supposed to be a big year for him with GR. He's been sucking and this wont help. So id say it still sucks big time.

MacDonald could let in 9 goals on 10 shots and Howard wont touch the ice i guarantee it.

Great...but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

#12 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

Don't test the hockey gods. I can see it now: "MacDonald injured mid-game, Howard, in for relief, worsens bruised knee, out for 2 weeks".

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#13 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Great...but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

"Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about."

Well in this case, i kinda do.

#14 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

It's pretty comical when you think about it. No? Tragic then?
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#15 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:31 PM

Okay, so who is even serving as backup to Pearce in GR now? I saw GR play the other day here in San Antonio, the one game Tatar was back down, he scored a goal. Anyways, back on topic, Pearce played a great game, making 40~ saves. GR won 5-2. So, umm, who is his backup now?

In this case, it is something to fret about with: Osgood, Howard, McCollum...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#16 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

"Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about."

Well in this case, i kinda do.

Fair enough...I'm not that concerned about it.

I care about the Wings and while I don't cheer on the Griffins nearly as much, obviously I want them to do well since a portion of the team will eventually become Red Wings. McCollum isn't playing well this season, but its not as if he'll be up next year behind Jimmy anyway so he'll have another season to get his act together.

Okay, so who is even serving as backup to Pearce in GR now? I saw GR play the other day here in San Antonio, the one game Tatar was back down, he scored a goal. Anyways, back on topic, Pearce played a great game, making 40~ saves. GR won 5-2. So, umm, who is his backup now?

In this case, it is something to fret about with: Osgood, Howard, McCollum...

With Jimmy back between the pipes in 2 days anyway, he'd have been back in GR tomorrow. Again, this isn't life and death.

#17 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,133 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

who did it who shot the puck?

#18 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

McCollum isn't playing well this season, but its not as if he'll be up next year behind Jimmy anyway so he'll have another season to get his act together.

eva just told me to tell you that.... BEHIND Jimmy? Would that imply he is still the starter and Ozzie doesn't go on to play another 50 years finish with 10,000 wins?
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#19 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

who did it who shot the puck?

My initial guess was Robert Lang, but then i saw Samuelsson sneaking behind the bleachers.

#20 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

My initial guess was Robert Lang, but then i saw Samuelsson sneaking behind the bleachers.

I'm fairly confident Lebda was behind him.