• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rick Zombos Ghost

McCollum out with broken finger

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20110118/SPORTS05/110118053/1433/Howard-is-Wings-backup-McCollum-hurt

"PITTSBURGH -- Jimmy Howard will have to serve as backup for the Detroit Red Wings tonight, as original backup Thomas McCollum has suffered a broken finger after getting hit by a shot during the morning skate.

Joey MacDonald is starting the 7 p.m. game at Consol Energy Center against the Penguins. MacDonald was called up from Grand Rapids on Jan. 9 after Chris Osgood went down with what turned out to be a sports hernia. McCollum was called up Saturday, after Howard took a puck off his right knee Friday at Columbus.

Howard did practice this morning, and was confident afterward he’d be ready to start Thursday at St. Louis."

WAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

getting weird around here... <_<

Edited by Rick Zombos Ghost

Yeah but with regulars dropping like flies its still not good to lose any depth we have....someone get Larsson on the phone!

Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about. It's not like other positions that see injury far more regularly.

Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about. It's not like other positions that see injury far more regularly.

This was supposed to be a big year for him with GR. He's been sucking and this wont help. So id say it still sucks big time.

Wow, just wow. Howie won't have to play, and Joey Mac will be fine tonight. It's all temporary, in any case.

Go, Wings!!

MacDonald could let in 9 goals on 10 shots and Howard wont touch the ice i guarantee it.

This was supposed to be a big year for him with GR. He's been sucking and this wont help. So id say it still sucks big time.

MacDonald could let in 9 goals on 10 shots and Howard wont touch the ice i guarantee it.

Great...but that has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Okay, so who is even serving as backup to Pearce in GR now? I saw GR play the other day here in San Antonio, the one game Tatar was back down, he scored a goal. Anyways, back on topic, Pearce played a great game, making 40~ saves. GR won 5-2. So, umm, who is his backup now?

In this case, it is something to fret about with: Osgood, Howard, McCollum...

"Losing the 4th in command goalie is not something anyone typically frets about."

Well in this case, i kinda do.

Fair enough...I'm not that concerned about it.

I care about the Wings and while I don't cheer on the Griffins nearly as much, obviously I want them to do well since a portion of the team will eventually become Red Wings. McCollum isn't playing well this season, but its not as if he'll be up next year behind Jimmy anyway so he'll have another season to get his act together.

Okay, so who is even serving as backup to Pearce in GR now? I saw GR play the other day here in San Antonio, the one game Tatar was back down, he scored a goal. Anyways, back on topic, Pearce played a great game, making 40~ saves. GR won 5-2. So, umm, who is his backup now?

With Jimmy back between the pipes in 2 days anyway, he'd have been back in GR tomorrow. Again, this isn't life and death.

McCollum isn't playing well this season, but its not as if he'll be up next year behind Jimmy anyway so he'll have another season to get his act together.

eva just told me to tell you that.... BEHIND Jimmy? Would that imply he is still the starter and Ozzie doesn't go on to play another 50 years finish with 10,000 wins?

some goalie forget his name who was playing well in the ECHL was given a tryout contract with the Griffins when McCollum was called up

I guess they will be sticking with him as the backup?

Guest CaliWingsNut

Have they fitted Bertuzzi for pads? He might actually be able to accomplish more than a 2min offensive penalty tonight.