Being a Flame is bad enough.
*this space for rent*

#22 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,450 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:53 PM

I've always liked Danny Briere. If I was going to bother to watch the farce, I would like to see him. As it is, nah.

Different rules for different people (teams, players). Welcome to real life, it's how things are.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#23 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:01 PM

Who me?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Silent Hill

Silent Hill

Villain! You've killed me!

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:19 AM

I'd like to think that the dust-up caused by the suspensions last year has caused the NHL to back off it's hard-line approach towards players missing the All Star Game. If the NHL is so hell-bent on punishing players who skip the game then fine the bejesus out of them ($50k? $100k), put it toward the emergency players fund, and fill the slot with players who genuinely want to go. The players don't have to play if they don't feel up to it, the AS Game doesn't get players that don't want to be there, the NHL/NHLPA get some cash to take care of their own...it's a Win/Win.
And here out of the mists of history, the legendary esquilax. A horse with the head of a rabbit and the body of...a rabbit.

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,607 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:21 AM

Always liked Briere. Good for him.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

never liked Briere. Bad for me... :)

Not going to watch anyway.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#27 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,575 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:51 AM

I'm pretty sure the Pro Bowl is played in Miami now. Also, it seems to me that the MLB All-Star game is the only one that the players really seem to honor.

This. Coupled with the fact that the winning conference gets homefield advantage in the World Series (even though I don't like this rule) makes for a good all-star game.