• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

its has been confirmed by the wings twitter, done deal :clap::hehe:

Can you link to the tweet because I don't see it at all.

Nabby is a pretty damn good regular season goalie, he can start 70 games and have very good numbers. Playoffs have been different for him but he was on those Shark teams that have always choked big time.

Nabokov was a part of the problem for those teams. Blame it on fatigue or whatever, he hasn't proven that he, personally, is able to step up his game in the postseason.

I doubt he'll clear waivers anyway.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Nabokov was a part of the problem for those teams. Blame it on fatigue or whatever, he hasn't proven that he, personally, is able to step up his game in the postseason.

I doubt he'll clear waivers anyway.

It's hard to step up in the playoffs when you are asked to play damn near every regular season game.

Can you link to the tweet because I don't see it at all.

I misread it, there is a tweet in there that says it was confirmed by another source,http://twitter.com/RedWingsFeed

Renaud Lavoie? Dont know how reliable that guy is

I misread it, there is a tweet in there that says it was confirmed by another source,http://twitter.com/RedWingsFeed

Says he works for RDS. RedWingsFeed isn't the official Wings Twitter, though.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

That's not even the Official Red Wings twitter.

Too good to be true. I like it if he makes it into Red Wings uniform but it will never happen if waiver rule applies. Why would Holland even try this ... he knows someone will claim him. Teams like Washington, Atlanta, Colorado, or even San Jose could use him. Doesn't the stupid CBA rule say Wings will pay 1/2 and other team pays 1/2 of salary. If this was such a good find, why didn't some of those teams sign him already? I like it but I don't like our chances of getting him pass waivers.

Wow, this certainly implies that Osgood is done for the season - get Nabakov back before the all-joke break so he can get skating and shake off the rust. Unless they plan on trading Hudler for a bag of pucks or burying him in the minors his salary can't be more than ~$1M

I would imagine that if a non-playoff team claims him, he'll just refuse to report, but if a contender claims him just to stiff us can the Wings make a complaint for a malicious waiver pick up?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Yeah, that's why the phrase FATIGUE was included in the post.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Nabby is a solid goaltender, but he can only do so much when he is asked to start a ton. Recent history has shown that work horse goalies are shaky at best in the playoffs. It's not Nabby's fault that his team overworked him.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I dont use twitter haha I saw that on HFboards annd figured it was the wings twitter, :blush:

Your first mistake was trusting something on HFboards.

Nabby's not a great goalie, there aren't really any in the NHL right now that hit that standard (elite, legendary, etc. do not really apply to any I can think of).

However, he's a great guy, and would thrive with a team like the (healthy) Red Wings in front of him. We could absolutely do worse. He'd fit our system well, character-wise, also. I know him best from San Jose and he flat out carried them, a lot. Kipper left because the Sharks were so dependent on Nabby, he never got ice time.

As for Ozzie, this sounds suspiciously like retirement to me. Guess we will see...

Forced retirement :(

If he's going to be good for the team then I'm all for it, I just hate that they'd be forcing Osgood out sort of like they did back in 2001.