• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

All of you 'he won't clear waivers' people realize that Ken Holland has some pretty insane clout within the NHL, right? I'm sure anyone taking Nabby off waivers would have to be prepared to be on his s***-list for awhile. You never know when you might need a 'favor' from another team. This might just get him through waivers.

And as was mentioned earlier, if Nabby doesn't want to play anywhere else, there are things he can do to teams that attempt to pick him up off of waivers.

Just my opinion.

I want this move to happen just to give Howard a kick in the butt... Adding the goalie that took you out in last years playoffs in a 4-1 series should light a fire under him. Just like a lot of players do, when you are not being challenged you tend to slow down and get complacent. Well hopefully this goes through he doesn't get claimed and either Howard gets his A game back or Nabby shows what he can do with a good rotation and not 70+ games a season.

crash

With our luck, either Chicago or San Jose (:lol:) will claim him.

I'm also hoping that Wings fans will finally learn to spell his name. This is just as bad as "Federov". :P

Edited by edicius

Guest Howard He Do It?!

McKenzie:

My guess, and it's only that, is DET and Nabokov have a deal they can live with, but remains to be seen whether contract is legal per CBA.

Twitter

The ace in the hole?

McKenzie:

Guessing there is something in deal to "discourage" other teams from claiming Nabby on waivers, but will it fly with NHL? Just a guess tho.

Twitter

All of you 'he won't clear waivers' people realize that Ken Holland has some pretty insane clout within the NHL, right? I'm sure anyone taking Nabby off waivers would have to be prepared to be on his s***-list for awhile. You never know when you might need a 'favor' from another team. This might just get him through waivers.

And as was mentioned earlier, if Nabby doesn't want to play anywhere else, there are things he can do to teams that attempt to pick him up off of waivers.

Just my opinion.

Is that why Stevie laid off claiming Ritola off waivers? Oh wait...

Getting ahead of myself, but he will backup Jimmy, correct? Assuming Ozzie's injury puts him out as long as stated. Or will they split the role as our goalies have done in the past?

Edited by Ram

but do Chicago, San Jose, and other teams have the cap room for him?

How long is he on waivers for? Will teams up against the cap have enough time to make him fit under the cap? Holland has had a lot of time to figure this out, other teams may just run out of time.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I'm Jim Halpert. A little comment.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

MAKE IT SO, number one.

picard.gif

I can buy the idea that Detroit is leaning a bit to make sure that they get Nabokov. In the old days of NASCAR, the Petty family did the same. If they said they wanted to sign a guy to the team, nobody, and I mean nobody would touch them. It was never spoken, but it would be two kisses on the cheeks, Don Corleone style. There would be blood.

I'm also hoping that Wings fans will finally learn to spell his name. This is just as bad as "Federov". :P

well looking on the blackCawks forum their fans are calling for them to pick him up just so that the wings wont get him=)

Getting ahead of myself, but he will backup Jimmy, correct? Assuming Ozzie's injury puts him out as long as stated. Or will they split the role as our goalies have done in the past?

that would be my assumption, that Jimmy is still #1, Nabs is back-up, or more like 1A/1B. I would see a split.

Nabby's a very good goalie, he's played for teams which dragged him down to where he had nothing left. The Wings won't do that to him. He will shine here.

This thread is racing right along in GF. Does that mean it's not a rumor?

:unsure:

I hope it's true. Love me a Euro-goalie, you know? :blush:

Edited by puckloo39

He'll have to take a deal that's at or close to the league minimum with some very specific bonus targets (likely involving his playing and winning a playoff series or something like that).

I'm not worried about his playoff history right now since he'd only be the #3 goalie on the depth chart come playoff time.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I don't think Holland was pissed that Ritola was claimed off waivers, honestly. It's not like we got screwed out of an all-star.

Unfortunately that sentiment is not shared by all on this site.

well looking on the blackCawks forum their fans are calling for them to pick him up just so that the wings wont get him=)

Do Hawks fans care about their team or do they just care about screwing the Wings?

That's awesome to hear coming from a mod.

Being asked to start almost every regular season game is more than fatigue. It's irresponsible on the team's part. So yes, we are disagreeing. It's the sole reason why he wasn't able to perform at his best in the playoffs. So whatever you meant by "fatigue or whatever" I am disagreeing with. There is no whatever in this case and it's more than basic fatigue.

Are you going to keep playing that card?

Yet, other goalies have had the same workload put on them and still managed to have postseason success. Maybe Nabokov's weakness is mental strength.