• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

WAIT A MINUTE! For all you Osgood haters out there that argue the only reason he has 400 wins is because he played for Detroit! Now, you say Nabby isn't that good, and shouldn't be signed, but then you say "ANYONE can be good in Detroit, even my grandmother can play goal for Detroit." Well here we have a great goalie wanting to play here were ANYONE can play (that is the ONLY reason Osgood has 400 wins right?) so maybe Nabby can come in a be SPECTACULAR! Besides if someone can win as much as he can and NOT play for Detroit, he should be AWESOME here, because Detroit wins in spite of the goalie and not because of, right? Remember, ANYONE can be goalie here and THE ONLY reason Osgood has 400 wins is because of where he played... So if Nabby can play that great NOT in Detroit, just think (using your guys' logic) how great he would be here?!?!?! Get it done Kenny! Because if Osgood can win here, ANYONE can! :ninja:

unless language has changed in the CBA, you can. When Nashville claimed Doug Brown off waivers, the Wings immediately turned around and traded right back for him... Now if rules changed then so be it.

so did you come in here just to argue?hahaha=)

now THAT would be some sneaky, back room dealing -

"hey, Lou, we're gonna sign this guy, but we know he may not clear other teams waivers, but NJ has first billing of waivers and no cap space... so, yea, do us a solid and claim him and we will instantly trade you a pick for him, so you get a pick basically for just helping us out"

isnt that considered collusion?

Guest stinky fish taco
unless language has changed in the CBA, you can. When Nashville claimed Doug Brown off waivers, the Wings immediately turned around and traded right back for him... Now if rules changed then so be it.

CBA 13.23 In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Did Nabokov play this season, though?

He played in Europe, and hasn't played since December.

Guest stinky fish taco

So he CAN be traded right after. I wouldn't see why you can't do that.

yes, after again going through waivers.

Seriously, it's not forcing Ozzie out if Ozzie is going to be out the rest of the season. We need a backup. I doubt they're giving Nabby a multi-year deal. That would be forcing out Ozzie.

It basically is. Wings expect to go deep into the playoffs and guess who will be the one watching the game from the rafters when/if we have all three? If Nabokov get's signed Ozzie is done.

that would be my assumption, that Jimmy is still #1, Nabs is back-up, or more like 1A/1B. I would see a split.

Nabby's a very good goalie, he's played for teams which dragged him down to where he had nothing left. The Wings won't do that to him. He will shine here.

This thread is racing right along in GF. Does that mean it's not a rumor?

:unsure:

I hope it's true. Love me a Euro-goalie, you know? :blush:

The way we are playing defense that might not be all true. Also our crap play started before Datsyuk and Cleary went out.

One thing I do wonder is how long will it be before he gets a rhythm? I do remember that he starts off slow but gets better as the year goes on.

now THAT would be some sneaky, back room dealing -

"hey, Lou, we're gonna sign this guy, but we know he may not clear other teams waivers, but NJ has first billing of waivers and no cap space... so, yea, do us a solid and claim him and we will instantly trade you a pick for him, so you get a pick basically for just helping us out"

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I like this and it seems legit. The Wings 2nd rd pick this year could be number 60, if Nabby works flawlessly, and NJ has lost the likely 61st pick, if they stay in last place, because of the Kovy deal.

Thats my official guess. 2nd is steep, but for a vet goalie to solidify our run at possibly a bargain price.

2nd to Jersey for the freshly claimed Nabokov.

Guest CaliWingsNut

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I like this and it seems legit. The Wings 2nd rd pick this year could be number 60, if Nabby works flawlessly, and NJ has lost the likely 61st pick, if they stay in last place, because of the Kovy deal.

Thats my official guess. 2nd is steep, but for a vet goalie to solidify our run at possibly a bargain price.

2nd to Jersey for the freshly claimed Nabokov.

Maybe they want Hudler or Bertuzzi...? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part?

10000238-00-02-00-00_lg.png

Technically, it should be:

the-office-jim-dwight_l.jpg

But we're getting way off topic with the Office rants.

I would love to see Nabokov in the Winged Wheel. I'm really high on the tandem of Howard and Nabby, plus he could wear the mask someone already posted! Problem SOLVED.

Maybe they want Hudler or Bertuzzi...? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part?

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Bertuzzi with how he's played for us and with his very modest caphit?!?! That would be asinine ...

Lets get to the real important topic at hand that we're all overlooking...

what number would he wear?? :ph34r:

Edited by stevkrause

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Bertuzzi with how he's played for us and with his very modest caphit?!?! That would be asinine ...

00 would be my vote

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why the hell would you want to get rid of Bertuzzi with how he's played this year and with his very modest caphit?!?! That would be asinine ...

32 minutes of useless (mostly) offensive penalties? Turnovers galore?

I don't know his cap hit, I don't factor pay level in with my opinions of player ability.

I don't know his cap hit, I don't factor pay level in with my opinions of player ability.

Please, most of his penalties are based on reputation and his turnovers have been minimal... plus, lets see, a big body on pace for 50 pts a season at less than 2m a year caphit, who was one of our ONLY guys to play all 82 games last year and hasn't missed any this year, plus a good guy in the locker room... yea, who wants that?

back to the topic at hand... this doesn't need to be derailed, if you want to argue that Bert isn't pulling his weight, take it into another thread...

If this happens I'd be down with it for sure. Howard would remain #1 with a lighter work load, unless Nabby shuts the door and Jimmy cant answer...This is all of course IF Nabby clears waivers which I dont think will ever happen, there must be a team with the room and the hate for the wings to stop it.

Bertuzzi has been really solid this year, and you should factor money in to the equation, for instance I didn't have a problem with Robert Lang, he was an okay forward, I had a problem with Robert Lang making 4million. Bertuzzi at 1.5ish is fair, does he make mistakes, yes but you can't have a team of all Zetterbergs, Datsyuk's and Lidstroms. You have to grade on a curve.