• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Not stating the obvious, just thinking out loud...

Funny how this works, Nabokov is a free agent, but has to clear waivers to get signed. Being a free agent means you can sign where you want, but in this situation he could get claimed by a team he doesn't want to play for. Interesting...

It's to stop teams from hiding players in Europe so that they can avoid waivers at the beginning of the season.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

For those in the metro Detroit area, they are discussing all of this on 97.1 The Ticket. You know, that station that never talks about hockey. :thumbdown:

For those in the metro Detroit area, they are discussing all of this on 97.1 The Ticket. You know, that station that never talks about hockey. :thumbdown:

And that would be right around the Valenti-Foster show which is normally dedicated to nothing but Michigan State and Mike's football picks for the weekend. rolleyes.gif I guess anyone with a mic on a sports show can have a voice but they really need to give it up.

Guest CaliWingsNut

@DarrenDreger

@capgeek. Deal still isn't done, but $570,000 for the rest of the year is what I'm told. Pro-rated to about $250,000. #nhl #redwings

Guest Howard He Do It?!

And that would be right around the Valenti-Foster show which is normally dedicated to nothing but Michigan State and Mike's football picks for the weekend. rolleyes.gif I guess anyone with a mic on a sports show can have a voice but they really need to give it up.

The Michigan State stuff usually gets brought up by moron Michigan fans looking to pick a fight. And yes, they do talk a lot of football but that's what brings in the callers.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

@DarrenDreger

@capgeek. Deal still isn't done, but $570,000 for the rest of the year is what I'm told. Pro-rated to about $250,000. #nhl #redwings

I'd have to imagine there is something else in place to make him unattractive to other teams. Maybe some backroom dealing with another team? There is way more to this or perhaps there isn't and we are all crazy.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

The Michigan State stuff usually gets brought up by moron Michigan fans looking to pick a fight. And yes, they do talk a lot of football but that's what brings in the callers.

Nahh, Mike's self righteous "I'm a MSU grad" crap gets pumped out there WAAAYYYYY too much. And that is what brings the Michigan fans in. His bias towards that is sickening really but I digress lol. Sorry for thread derailing, just my tiny rant on that joke Valenti.

There's something going behind the scenes. Perhaps Nabokov's agent is saying he'd refuse to play elsewhere, so the team to claim him would lose a roster spot and the cash if they did.

I'd have to imagine there is something else in place to make him unattractive to other teams. Maybe some backroom dealing?

There have to be bonuses that will carry over to next season which will make him unattractive to other teams at that amount.

I'd have to imagine there is something else in place to make him unattractive to other teams. Maybe some backroom dealing?

maybe it isn't about Nabokov at all? something along the lines of an agreement with a team low in the standings to get Nabokov signed at a low cap hit so they can take him off of waivers and trade us their goalie for a 7th round pick or something?

Edited by ricky0034

For the money, theres gotta be something else. Maybe a NMC? or a multi-year deal? Kennys not gonna work to try to and sign Nabakov just to have him gone right away.

It happened to St. Louis twice...

Do we really want Nabokov at a multi-year deal given his KHL numbers?

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Nahh, Mike's self righteous "I'm a MSU grad" crap gets pumped out there WAAAYYYYY too much. And that is what brings the Michigan fans in. His bias towards that is sickening really but I digress lol. Sorry for thread derailing, just my tiny rant on that joke Valenti.

Still going to have to disagree. Mike usually brings up a Michigan topic, as he should since it brings in callers, and then some idiot calls in and says "blah, blah, blah, Michigan State." Sometimes it's going to sound like gloating after all the years of abuse State fans took from Michigan fans and all of a sudden State is the big dog on top.

Nevertheless, it's nice to listen to hockey talk. Just shows how big this news really is.

It happened to St. Louis twice...

Do we really want Nabokov at a multi-year deal given his KHL numbers?

You really want Joey as your backup? You can't have it perfect every time.

maybe it isn't about Nabokov at all? something along the lines of an agreement with a team low in the standings to get Nabokov signed at a low cap hit so they can take him off of waivers and trade us their goalie for a 7th round pick or something?

As has been stated, he'd have to clear waivers again if the Wings wanted to get him in a trade.