• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

Jimmy sounds pissssssed.

Well, Jimmy should realize that this is a bandage so he can heal properly... Why play a non 100% Jimmy or a not-so-good MacDonald, when Nabby will come in, have MacDonald as backup so Jimmy can heal. I understand him being scared though, because if Nabby comes in and plays stellar, Babcock will have no choice but to go with him in the payoffs... SOrry Jimmy. I do agree that McCrimmon HAS TO GO!

Meh. This is all for nothing. Someone will claim him, it sucks.

Just like with Wellwood, and Svatos.

Ever since it was confirmed that there were no bonuses involved, I've been of the mind that Holland is making a deal for Nabby to get him back into the league, and possibly a team low in the standings.

It's also possible, keep in mind, that Holland is setting up a free agent acquisition after this season. Nabby plays and gets back into NHL shape with a team this season, and in the off-season, he signs with us after Ozzie retires.

drew-miller-2009-12-17-20-41-13.jpg

Ya, I know, but Miller could take another number, maybe Nabby will buy the number off Miller... Last I checked #18 was available, and Drew wore that in Anaheim. Unless the Wings are waiting for Hossa to be bought out! :ninja: -or- maybe they will retire it for Maltby? :ninja: :ninja:

It's also possible, keep in mind, that Holland is setting up a free agent acquisition after this season. Nabby plays and gets back into NHL shape with a team this season, and in the off-season, he signs with us after Ozzie retires.

Either Ozzie retires or Jimmy signs somewhere else.

Ya, I know, but Miller could take another number, maybe Nabby will buy the number off Miller... Last I checked #18 was available, and Drew wore that in Anaheim. Unless the Wings are waiting for Hossa to be bought out! :ninja: -or- maybe they will retire it for Maltby? :ninja: :ninja:

Hossa wore 81.

Here's the pecking order for waivers:

http://www.leftwinglock.com/nabokovs-waiver-process/

New Jersey

Edmonton

NY Islanders

Ottawa

Toronto

Calgary

Buffalo

Florida

Columbus

Los Angeles

San Jose

Carolina

Atlanta

St. Louis

Minnesota

Anaheim

Chicago

Phoenix

Colorado

NY Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

Washington

Tampa Bay

Boston

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Philadelphia

Vancouver

The Devils have no cap space but Edmonton has 12M available and I imagine they would bite to get Nabby. At the same time, we have plenty of what they need: veteran and/or winning experience. I wonder if Holland is negotiating with Edmonton to trade away a couple of our players, maybe a draft pick to reacquire Nabakov?

New Jersey

Edmonton

NY Islanders

Ottawa

Toronto

Calgary

Buffalo

Florida

Columbus

Los Angeles

San Jose

Carolina

Atlanta

St. Louis

Minnesota

Anaheim

Chicago

Phoenix

Colorado

NY Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

Washington

Tampa Bay

Boston

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Philadelphia

Vancouver

The Devils have no cap space but Edmonton has 12M available and I imagine they would bite to get Nabby. At the same time, we have plenty of what they need: veteran and/or winning experience. I wonder if Holland is negotiating with Edmonton to trade away a couple of our players, maybe a draft pick to reacquire Nabakov?

But if he has to clear waivers again, won't that just be a throwaway?

Hossa wore 81.

He wore 18 in Ottawa, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, though. Switched to 81 upon his arrival in Detroit. Looks a lot better in the 81, anyway.

Edited by Travis

Here's how George Malik summarizes the saga on A2Y:

"Here’s what I know: Ken Holland is the consummate tire-kicker. He explores EVERY avenue, talks to EVERY GM about EVERY available player at the trade deadline, prior to the draft, and agents about prospective free agents’ asking prices...And he’s kicking tires here. We’ll have to see what happens over the next couple of hours and days. "

Meh. This is all for nothing. Someone will claim him, it sucks.

Just like with Wellwood, and Svatos.

I am on your side....:thumbup:

so you guys both think holland is just wasting his time? Yea you are probably right. he never thought nabby wouldn't make it through waivers...only us fans think of things like that=) hahahaha

New Jersey

Edmonton

NY Islanders

Ottawa

Toronto

Calgary

Buffalo

Florida

Columbus

Los Angeles

San Jose

Carolina

Atlanta

St. Louis

Minnesota

Anaheim

Chicago

Phoenix

Colorado

NY Rangers

Montreal

Nashville

Washington

Tampa Bay

Boston

Pittsburgh

Dallas

Philadelphia

Vancouver

The team that claims him, can't trade him away or else he'll have to pass through Waivers again.

But if he has to clear waivers again, won't that just be a throwaway?

He wore 18 in Ottawa, Atlanta, and Pittsburgh, though. Switched to 81 upon his arrival in Detroit. Looks a lot better in the 81, anyway.

Would he have to clear waivers again? I'm kind of foggy on the rules after a waiver acquisition. I was under the impression that if a team signs someone off waivers, they are 100% a part of the active roster of the new team (maybe this is wrong?).

edit: thanks for the clarification 10min

Edited by Echolalia