• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

so you guys both think holland is just wasting his time? Yea you are probably right. he never thought nabby wouldn't make it through waivers...only us fans think of things like that=) hahahaha

I am just saying I think he's right.... Do you think he will make it here? and Be honest ! for 250,000 (pro-rated) come on!

If he does...GREAT! But I am only human to have doubts.... Especially when I see all the teams that have to say ..

" Hmm Nabokov......PASS!" I just don't see THAT many teams passing on him

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Here's how George Malik summarizes the saga on A2Y:

"Here’s what I know: Ken Holland is the consummate tire-kicker. He explores EVERY avenue, talks to EVERY GM about EVERY available player at the trade deadline, prior to the draft, and agents about prospective free agents’ asking prices...And he’s kicking tires here. We’ll have to see what happens over the next couple of hours and days. "

Holland is more than a consummate tire-kicker. He's the consummate GM. He would have never let this whole thing go to press unless he had a plan that would ultimately benefit the Detroit Red Wings.

In Kenny I Trust. :thumbup:

I am just saying I think he's right.... Do you think he will make it here? and Be honest ! for 250,000 (pro-rated) come on!

no i don't not at all...but do you really think holland thinks he will? there has to be something that we are missing or don't know about behind the scenes...why would holland and the boys even try this if just about 100% sure he would not make it to the wings

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

no i don't not at all...but do you really think holland thinks he will? there has to be something that we are missing or don't know about behind the scenes...why would holland and the boys even try this if just about 100% sure he would not make it to the wings

I honestly think that is what is keeping me glued as possible to this thing! :lol: I have to know WHAT is he thinking? and WHY?!?!?!?!?

Why WOULD he do this.. any team can offer him a deal and let him get claimed.... WHY Holland and Detroit! That is what I don't understand and am waiting Impatiently to find out.

Or he is using all this great "advice" from the "LGW waiver wire crack team", and we are teaching him how the whole thing goes.

I honestly think that is what is keeping me glued as possible to this thing! :lol: I have to know WHAT is he thinking? and WHY?!?!?!?!?

Why WOULD he do this.. any team can offer him a deal and let him get claimed.... WHY Holland and Detroit! That is what I don't understand and am waiting Impatiently to find out.

I'm with you on that...i hate things like this. I will check back here 1000 times before i go to bed until something happens. hahahahahaha

What if he is dressed for a game or 2 (or 10), then traded?

It's a certain time period, not just playing a few games. If I recall, after the FA period is over, players have to pass through waivers if they aren't signed in that period until the end of the season (i.e. through the playoffs).

Thus Nabby would still have to pass through waivers.

Why even bother with this contract if Wings do not expect him to clear waivers?

That's exactly it. There's something more here than $570,000 for Nabokov. There has to be something more in play, or he wouldn't make it past New Jersey. I could see Nabokov saying he wouldn't play elsewhere, which is the one way I can make it work.