• This topic is locked This topic is locked
434 replies to this topic

#241 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

The Michigan State stuff usually gets brought up by moron Michigan fans looking to pick a fight. And yes, they do talk a lot of football but that's what brings in the callers.

Nahh, Mike's self righteous "I'm a MSU grad" crap gets pumped out there WAAAYYYYY too much. And that is what brings the Michigan fans in. His bias towards that is sickening really but I digress lol. Sorry for thread derailing, just my tiny rant on that joke Valenti.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#242 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

There's something going behind the scenes. Perhaps Nabokov's agent is saying he'd refuse to play elsewhere, so the team to claim him would lose a roster spot and the cash if they did.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#243 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

I'd have to imagine there is something else in place to make him unattractive to other teams. Maybe some backroom dealing?

There have to be bonuses that will carry over to next season which will make him unattractive to other teams at that amount.

#244 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

I'd have to imagine there is something else in place to make him unattractive to other teams. Maybe some backroom dealing?

maybe it isn't about Nabokov at all? something along the lines of an agreement with a team low in the standings to get Nabokov signed at a low cap hit so they can take him off of waivers and trade us their goalie for a 7th round pick or something?

Edited by ricky0034, 20 January 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#245 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

For the money, theres gotta be something else. Maybe a NMC? or a multi-year deal? Kennys not gonna work to try to and sign Nabakov just to have him gone right away.

#NOMOREKINDL

#246 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Someone will block it

#247 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:34 PM

For the money, theres gotta be something else. Maybe a NMC? or a multi-year deal? Kennys not gonna work to try to and sign Nabakov just to have him gone right away.

It happened to St. Louis twice...

Do we really want Nabokov at a multi-year deal given his KHL numbers?

#248 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

Nahh, Mike's self righteous "I'm a MSU grad" crap gets pumped out there WAAAYYYYY too much. And that is what brings the Michigan fans in. His bias towards that is sickening really but I digress lol. Sorry for thread derailing, just my tiny rant on that joke Valenti.

Still going to have to disagree. Mike usually brings up a Michigan topic, as he should since it brings in callers, and then some idiot calls in and says "blah, blah, blah, Michigan State." Sometimes it's going to sound like gloating after all the years of abuse State fans took from Michigan fans and all of a sudden State is the big dog on top.

Nevertheless, it's nice to listen to hockey talk. Just shows how big this news really is.

You really want Joey as your backup? You can't have it perfect every time.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#249 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Doug Armstrong is not Ken Holland.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#250 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

No real reliable source but I am hearing that the Isles would poach him anyway. Who knows....
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#251 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Doug Armstrong is not Ken Holland.

Its not like there is a ton of room for genius here, there is only so much you can do...you can make it a bigger contract, or multi-year, all entail risks given his age.

#252 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

maybe Holland just feels bad about the Devils train wreck of a season and wants to get them a goalie :lol:

#253 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

maybe it isn't about Nabokov at all? something along the lines of an agreement with a team low in the standings to get Nabokov signed at a low cap hit so they can take him off of waivers and trade us their goalie for a 7th round pick or something?

As has been stated, he'd have to clear waivers again if the Wings wanted to get him in a trade.

#254 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,823 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:42 PM

And that would be right around the Valenti-Foster show which is normally dedicated to nothing but Michigan State and Mike's football picks for the weekend. Posted Image I guess anyone with a mic on a sports show can have a voice but they really need to give it up.

I like there show but yeah neither know s*** about hockey
There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#255 Wingzman91

Wingzman91

2nd Pair Defenseman

• Bronze Booster
  • 309 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

With all the shady moves NJ made this year maybe the are actually trying to get Nabby and deal Hedberg to us, how bout that?

#256 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

As has been stated, he'd have to clear waivers again if the Wings wanted to get him in a trade.

in that post I didn't mean trade Nabokov to us

I meant maybe a deal with another team for them to trade their own goalie to us cheap in exchange for getting Nabokov signed to a cheap deal on waivers

#257 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

Posted Image

Ahaaaa! Thanks, Drumnj! The Office is OBviously not one of the shows I watch. When they let me. :P

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#258 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:47 PM

in that post I didn't mean trade Nabokov to us

I meant maybe a deal with another team for them to trade their own goalie to us cheap in exchange for getting Nabokov signed to a cheap deal on waivers

Oh, my bad. I didn't read the post fully.

#259 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Posted Image

..I figured it'd be some weird, commie-pinko whippersnapper tv show like that. :ph34r:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#260 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

Seems like a nice change of pace considering the nauseating number of bandwagon Michigan fans in the area.

Posted Image