• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Trapt1307

Wings Negotiating w/ Nabokov

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

I didn't read the thread, but why didn't Holland pursue Roloson? He's much better than Nabokov. Plus Nabby won't clear waivers.

Flames may be willing to deal Kippy.

I didn't read the thread, but why didn't Holland pursue Roloson? He's much better than Nabokov. Plus Nabby won't clear waivers.

Flames may be willing to deal Kippy.

Who would want Kipper? 5.8 for 3 more years after this one? He's not as dominate as he once was and now he's locked in for 6 mill a year.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

I imagine that's the angle Holland is hoping for. Make an unbelievably appealing contract for an elite goalie, which forces some other goalie out to the trading block.

yup. thats my thinking as well. Whether its NJ or someone else

the ***** of it is, it appears as though he wont be put on waivers until tomorrow at noon, so we'd have to wait the entire weekend (presumably unless it happens tomorrow afternoon) before we hear something come monday morning before noon: (

Has to clear still :/

So then technically a player could be picked off of waivers in early November, play for the team all the way till March, then at trade deadline when the team wants to make a trade....he'll have to go through waivers before the trade would have the possibility of going through?

If that's the case, the CBA is a load of crap and if I were the players I would strike for the sheer lunacy of that alone ;)

the ***** of it is, it appears as though he wont be put on waivers until tomorrow at noon, so we'd have to wait the entire weekend (presumably unless it happens tomorrow afternoon) before we hear something come monday morning before noon: (

I can wait till Monday to hear that Nabokov was claimed by __insert team here___

I am stupified! Why the time and negotiating and hassel for nothing!

it CANT be to get someone to put a goalie on waivers. I mean Leighton is worth his salary and we passed on him....

I think Kenny was sitting too close to the exhaust pipe of the Zamboni.....( I dont really Hate him.. Just question this whole process)

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

I can wait till Monday to hear that Nabokov was claimed by __insert team here___

I am stupified! Why the time and negotiating and hassel for nothing!

it CANT be to get someone to put a goalie on waivers. I mean Leighton is worth his salary and we passed on him....

I think Kenny was sitting too close to the exhaust pipe of the Zamboni.....( I dont really Hate him.. Just question this whole process)

There are always posts like this when Kenny is in the middle of making a deal... then later you'll say: "Wow... never saw that coming!" :)

I hope the Wings have a purpose to all this. If so, I can't wait to find out what it is.

In the end, it might just be something to scare Jimmy a little into playing better.

Uh I would think that this being a contract year would be enough motivation.

How many other teams have the roster space to add another goalie? On the likely event that Nabovok is grabbed off waivers, that team would likely have get rid of another goalie beforehand or they'd be over the roster limit, correct? I think Holland is planning on using Nabakov to force some other GM's hand into a trade. The thing is, there's no guarantee that the Wings will be the one's participating in said trade, but worth a shot, right?

Guest mjtm77

Done deal! wings sigh Nabby. He is claimed and the wings will will trade prospects or picks to that team. Anyone know who will be traded?

Uh I would think that this being a contract year would be enough motivation.

When it comes to the level of professional sports, a world of extremes, there is really no such things as "enough motivation". You always have room for more.

Guest mjtm77

Why is everyone saying it wont happen. Kenny would not sign him if he were to not be a wing. if he gets claimed we will trade sometyhing for him. I Guarantee he will be a wing in the comming weeks

To trade Nabokov at all this year, the team trading would have to put him on waivers.

It's becoming clear that Nabokov isn't coming to Detroit, but rather a basement team.

The only speculation left is, will the Wings end up with anything for their effort, i'd say now, that the idea was team b uses connection a to sign Nabby, so team b could get him on waivers, and then maybe give team a compensation for the help, but they wouldn't have to.

Likely we end up with a back up from another team and higher pick or prospect for a mid to late draft pick, and a player. (hudler?)

Guest mjtm77

There is none. This guy doesn't know what he's talking about because we already discussed we can't simply trade back for him. Not without him being put right back on waivers again.

not accourding to the people I have talked to. but if thats true that you cant trade for him then my bad but every one i have talked to said they can trade for him

not accourding to the people I have talked to. but if thats true that you cant trade for him then my bad but every one i have talked to said they can trade for him

You are correct, but he would have to clear waivers again to be traded.