434 replies to this topic

#41 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

That would be awesome! Unfortunately he will never get through waivers <_<

Edited by Reds4Life, 20 January 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#42 TX Wing

TX Wing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Maybe Kenny has a deal with a lower-ranked team to claim him and then trade some pieces for him. i.e. Hudler, Kindl

#43 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Yeah, that's why the phrase FATIGUE was included in the post.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Nabby is a solid goaltender, but he can only do so much when he is asked to start a ton. Recent history has shown that work horse goalies are shaky at best in the playoffs. It's not Nabby's fault that his team overworked him.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#44 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

That's not even the Official Red Wings twitter.

I dont use twitter haha I saw that on HFboards annd figured it was the wings twitter, :blush:

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#45 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

I dont use twitter haha I saw that on HFboards annd figured it was the wings twitter, :blush:

Your first mistake was trusting something on HFboards.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#46 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Nabby's not a great goalie, there aren't really any in the NHL right now that hit that standard (elite, legendary, etc. do not really apply to any I can think of).

However, he's a great guy, and would thrive with a team like the (healthy) Red Wings in front of him. We could absolutely do worse. He'd fit our system well, character-wise, also. I know him best from San Jose and he flat out carried them, a lot. Kipper left because the Sharks were so dependent on Nabby, he never got ice time.

As for Ozzie, this sounds suspiciously like retirement to me. Guess we will see...

Forced retirement :(

If he's going to be good for the team then I'm all for it, I just hate that they'd be forcing Osgood out sort of like they did back in 2001.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#47 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:09 PM

Maybe Kenny has a deal with a lower-ranked team to claim him and then trade some pieces for him. i.e. Hudler, Kindl

No. That team would have to put him on waivers before trading.

#48 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,364 posts

Who would steal him away through waivers?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#49 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

maybe there is some kind of unwritten rule of the waivers where you dont steal players... haha maybe not

St. Louis lost 2 players through re-entry Svatos to Preds and Wellwood to Sharks - NHL.com Report - Wellwood Svatos so I don't think there are any 'gentlemen's agreement' in the NHL.

#50 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:10 PM

So isn't the wavier order by standings...team with the lowest percentage of points possible gets first crack, then so on?

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#51 CopenhagenWing

CopenhagenWing

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Nabby is a solid goaltender, but he can only do so much when he is asked to start a ton. Recent history has shown that work horse goalies are shaky at best in the playoffs. It's not Nabby's fault that his team overworked him.

Somebody needs glasses.

#52 evanbartlett

evanbartlett

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:14 PM

So isn't the wavier order by standings...team with the lowest percentage of points possible gets first crack, then so on?

I believe this is correct. In which case it sucks for us!

#53 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Who would steal him away through waivers?

Let's see (not including all the teams who aren't going to make playoffs) what about Colorado, Atlanta, Washington, even San Jose, Nabby would be an upgrade to any of those team's present goalies.

If you include the bottom feeders, .. Leafs :lol: , New Jersey, Islanders, Senators, Calgary, Edmonton ...

So there are plenty of interested teams, maybe 26 other ones who has a lower winning % than us ... which makes me wonder why they haven't tried signing him yet.

Edited by RedWingsRox, 20 January 2011 - 01:16 PM.

#54 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

McKenzie:

Nabokov update: Close to a deal in DET in one sense but still some issues to be sorted out. So please be clear: no agreement in place yet.

Twitter

Somebody needs glasses.

Great example you're setting as a mod. Let's stick to the topic on hand and not resort to petty insults.

#55 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

LGW member since 00'

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:16 PM

well... this is what he looks like in red. haha
Posted Image

#56 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

wow definitely didn't see this coming but i'm legit all for it. wow. Ozzie, Nabby, and Howie

#57 evanbartlett

evanbartlett

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:17 PM

Let's see (not including all the teams who aren't going to make playoffs) what about Colorado, Atlanta, Washington, even San Jose, Nabby would be an upgrade to any of those team's present goalies.

If you include the bottom feeders, .. Leafs :lol: , New Jersey, Islanders, Senators, Calgary, Edmonton ...

So there are plenty of interested teams, maybe 26 other ones who has a lower winning % than us ... which makes me wonder why they haven't tried signing him yet.

Makes you think maybe the possibilities of him clearing are greater since none of those teams have signed him. Either way Kenny probably has something up his sleeve.

#58 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:18 PM

Would be pretty cool if he clears.

Probably won't, though.

Posted Image

#59 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:20 PM

He will clear waivers.

Posted Image

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#60 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:21 PM

Just heard on NHL live. If they can get him at a good price, :thumbup:.

LOVE your avatar. :lol: Meanwhile, I can't open the Twitter links, but from what I've read here, it may be a Happening? :shocking:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.