• This topic is locked This topic is locked
434 replies to this topic

#101 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:55 PM

All of you 'he won't clear waivers' people realize that Ken Holland has some pretty insane clout within the NHL, right? I'm sure anyone taking Nabby off waivers would have to be prepared to be on his s***-list for awhile. You never know when you might need a 'favor' from another team. This might just get him through waivers.
And as was mentioned earlier, if Nabby doesn't want to play anywhere else, there are things he can do to teams that attempt to pick him up off of waivers.

Just my opinion.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#102 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

Wow, mobile version of this site is SLICK!

This would give us an awesome 1/2 punch in the playoffs. I've always been a huge fan of Nabby, so I fully support this, at the right price.
Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#103 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

I want this move to happen just to give Howard a kick in the butt... Adding the goalie that took you out in last years playoffs in a 4-1 series should light a fire under him. Just like a lot of players do, when you are not being challenged you tend to slow down and get complacent. Well hopefully this goes through he doesn't get claimed and either Howard gets his A game back or Nabby shows what he can do with a good rotation and not 70+ games a season.

crash

#104 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

This would be awesome. I really hope they can get this done.

Eff Chicago

#105 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

With our luck, either Chicago or San Jose (:lol:) will claim him.

I'm also hoping that Wings fans will finally learn to spell his name. This is just as bad as "Federov". :P

Edited by edicius, 20 January 2011 - 02:01 PM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#106 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

McKenzie:

My guess, and it's only that, is DET and Nabokov have a deal they can live with, but remains to be seen whether contract is legal per CBA.

Twitter

The ace in the hole?

McKenzie:

Guessing there is something in deal to "discourage" other teams from claiming Nabby on waivers, but will it fly with NHL? Just a guess tho.

Twitter

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#107 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:02 PM

Ho ho, and to think I underestimated you, Kenneth. What delightful little loophole are you sneaking through now?
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#108 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

McKenzie:

Twitter

The ace in the hole?

McKenzie:

Twitter

I'm Jim Halpert. A little comment.

#109 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

All of you 'he won't clear waivers' people realize that Ken Holland has some pretty insane clout within the NHL, right? I'm sure anyone taking Nabby off waivers would have to be prepared to be on his s***-list for awhile. You never know when you might need a 'favor' from another team. This might just get him through waivers.
And as was mentioned earlier, if Nabby doesn't want to play anywhere else, there are things he can do to teams that attempt to pick him up off of waivers.

Just my opinion.

Is that why Stevie laid off claiming Ritola off waivers? Oh wait...

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#110 Ram

Ram

Goose

• Bronze Booster
  • 753 posts

Getting ahead of myself, but he will backup Jimmy, correct? Assuming Ozzie's injury puts him out as long as stated. Or will they split the role as our goalies have done in the past?

Edited by Ram, 20 January 2011 - 02:03 PM.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#111 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Sweet Jesus yes. Please do this!
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#112 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,876 posts

but do Chicago, San Jose, and other teams have the cap room for him?

How long is he on waivers for? Will teams up against the cap have enough time to make him fit under the cap? Holland has had a lot of time to figure this out, other teams may just run out of time.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#113 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,750 posts

Oh wow.

I think I would be okay with this. :thumbup:

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#114 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

I'm also hoping that Wings fans will finally learn to spell his name. This is just as bad as "Federov". :P

Could Chicago even afford him? I thought they learned their lesson during the offseason.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#115 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'm Jim Halpert. A little comment.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#116 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

MICHAEL!!!!

#117 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

MAKE IT SO, number one.
Posted Image

I can buy the idea that Detroit is leaning a bit to make sure that they get Nabokov. In the old days of NASCAR, the Petty family did the same. If they said they wanted to sign a guy to the team, nobody, and I mean nobody would touch them. It was never spoken, but it would be two kisses on the cheeks, Don Corleone style. There would be blood.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#118 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:09 PM

Is that why Stevie laid off claiming Ritola off waivers? Oh wait...

I don't think Holland was pissed that Ritola was claimed off waivers, honestly. It's not like we got screwed out of an all-star.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#119 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,488 posts

well looking on the blackCawks forum their fans are calling for them to pick him up just so that the wings wont get him=)
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#120 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

MICHAEL!!!!

Oh, that's funny. MICHAEL!