• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Here's the BS part of the waiver 24 hour rule, he should have been on the waiver wire IMMEDIATELY after he signed! Why? Because it would forced the other teams to make quick decisions! So, New Jersey would've had to decide last night (within minutes) whether to pick him up and cut a player or pass on him. But in realty when it was announced around 930-1000pm, ALL teams essentially had another 14 hours to decide who they can afford to cut, trade, buy out or whatever to make a roster spot for Nabby. So really, he is on waivers for 38 hours, just can't be picked up until Noon the next day. So instead of being forced to make a decision within minutes, New Jersey had 14 hours to mull it over and every team after that had an extra 14 as well. Thats BS! He should hit the wire immediately after signing, THEN teams have 24 hours to decide. He should be cleared at 1000pm TONIGHT! IMO...

edit: I do like the NO MOVEMENT rule though! That seems to help us a little, it kind of forces a team to ditch a current (possibly over paid) goalie right now and if noone claims that guy off waivers, the team claiming Nabby is STILL responsible for the cap hit of the cut player... Cross your fingers!

Edited by LeftWinger

I agree LeftWinger, players should go on waivers immediately! There's enough ways to find out when a guy is on waivers, instead of having extra time. It's a big disadvantage to the team doing the signing. Give the disadvantage to the 29 other teams.

Here's the BS part of the waiver 24 hour rule, he should have been on the waiver wire IMMEDIATELY after he signed! Why? Because it would forced the other teams to make quick decisions! So, New Jersey would've had to decide last night (within minutes) whether to pick him up and cut a player or pass on him. But in realty when it was announced around 930-1000pm, ALL teams essentially had another 14 hours to decide who they can afford to cut, trade, buy out or whatever to make a roster spot for Nabby. So really, he is on waivers for 38 hours, just can't be picked up until Noon the next day. So instead of being forced to make a decision within minutes, New Jersey had 14 hours to mull it over and every team after that had an extra 14 as well. Thats BS! He should hit the wire immediately after signing, THEN teams have 24 hours to decide. He should be cleared at 1000pm TONIGHT! IMO...

edit: I do like the NO MOVEMENT rule though! That seems to help us a little, it kind of forces a team to ditch a current (possibly over paid) goalie right now and if noone claims that guy off waivers, the team claiming Nabby is STILL responsible for the cap hit of the cut player... Cross your fingers!

They still wouldn't have to decide within minutes... it would be 24 hours, hence why it is a 24 hour waiver period... a team can wait until tomorrow at 11:59AM to submit a claim and if they are the highest in the claiming order, they get him, it has nothing to do with when the claim is put it within the 24 hour period...

Edited by stevkrause

How's this for a conspiracy scenario trade to get Nabby back if someone claims him... Stick with me... Holland makes a deal with Jersey (or the first team in line with cap space) to claim Nabby, then that team immediately signs Nabby to a 5 year deal worth about $3M-$3.5M per season with a No Movement clause. Now, we all have confirmed that if a team trades him, he'll have to go BACK on waivers, so he gets traded to Detroit for $3m-$3.5m worth of player(s) so now, most teams would pass on him because of the Cap Hit and the No Movement clause... :ninja:

Now thats a conspiracy!

How's this for a conspiracy scenario trade to get Nabby back if someone claims him... Stick with me... Holland makes a deal with Jersey (or the first team in line with cap space) to claim Nabby, then that team immediately signs Nabby to a 5 year deal worth about $3M-$3.5M per season with a No Movement clause. Now, we all have confirmed that if a team trades him, he'll have to go BACK on waivers, so he gets traded to Detroit for $3m-$3.5m worth of player(s) so now, most teams would pass on him because of the Cap Hit and the No Movement clause... :ninja:

Now thats a conspiracy!

Um interesting, but that would be a bad contract to strap the team with. I figure you are just joking though.

let my stomach turn.. this sucks, but if something isnt going on behind closed doors i would NOT be suprised... I mean how could u just bring a guy in then see him go on waivers!? Something has to be UP!

They still wouldn't have to decide within minutes... it would be 24 hours, hence why it is a 24 hour waiver period... a team can wait until tomorrow at 11:59AM to submit a claim and if they are the highest in the claiming order, they get him, it has nothing to do with when the claim is put it within the 24 hour period...

I think he understands that part... I think the part he is complaining about is the fact that teams have 38 hours to mull over the decision instead of the 24... Its just basically asking if you needed to make a tough decision would u rather a 24 hour period to think it over or 48.... Thats all...

Him going on waivers immediately after the deal was processed would have only given teams until 10 PM or so tonight instead of 12 PM tomorrow...

that extra 14 hours doesn't seem like a big deal but thats 14 more hours to set up a deal with another team to make room or something along those lines...

crash

but doesn't he clear waives at noon tomorrow no matter what? If the first team in line waits until 11:59am tomorrow to decide NOT to claim him, then he clears waivers at noon. There has to be a time limit for each team to decide, because if Jersey waits until 11:59:59am then 28 other teams don't have a chance at him. He clears waivers at Noon no matter what, its not Holland's fault if someone overslept and forgot to put a claim in, at Noon, he's ours. Not unless New Jersey would do...that....for......Holla...... WAIT A MINUTE! That's it! There's your conspiracy! :lol::ninja: Holland is GENIUS!

Not unless every is required to submit paperwork before Noon, whether they want him or not, then the NHL just takes the pile of papers in order and goes down on by one until they see a yes....

yay for goaltending circus! :clown:

at least ill look busy at work today checking the tweets :satisfied:

i honestly dont see nabby clearing but holland knows how to keep fans in suspense... if his intention is to make howard nervous (to play better), i wouldnt be shocked. something is in place and not knowing what it is is why this thread keeps growing. plus some people arent getting the rules :bye1:

Was unable to access my old account for some reason, so this isn't anywhere near my first post. lol

anyway, I had a dream last night that he got claimed by Toronto, and then there was a huge blockbuster deal with us acquiring Giguere and Kaberle. I think Flip, Hudler and others were going the other way. Yikes.

I like the excitement though... and its all this excitement on a guy who 90% of the people on this board are saying won't clear waivers but I wondering why Kenny is doing it lol... Its like a game of chess for Kenny Holland... He is five moves ahead of everyone else and every move he makes has a purpose... Cheers to the one of the greatest Gm's Currently in all of sports...

crash

I also want to add that I love that currently around 80+ people are reading this thread...

Edited by Crashnburnluder

There has to be a time limit for each team to decide, because if Jersey waits until 11:59:59am then 28 other teams don't have a chance at him.

Any team can claim him whenever they want during that period. Once the window closes, the first team in line that put a claim in gets him.

I think he understands that part... I think the part he is complaining about is the fact that teams have 38 hours to mull over the decision instead of the 24... Its just basically asking if you needed to make a tough decision would u rather a 24 hour period to think it over or 48.... Thats all...

Him going on waivers immediately after the deal was processed would have only given teams until 10 PM or so tonight instead of 12 PM tomorrow...

that extra 14 hours doesn't seem like a big deal but thats 14 more hours to set up a deal with another team to make room or something along those lines...

crash

that is exactly what I was complaining about. force teams to make a decision within the 24 hours, dont give them 14 extra hours to study...

Any team can claim him whenever they want during that period. Once the window closes, the first team in line that put a claim in gets him.

Yup... if teams in Place 15, 18, and 22 all put claims in right off the bat... they still wont get him if anybody lower puts a claim in no matter when... as long as its before the dead line the lowest place team with the claim gets him (and then waives him or finds another way to get him back to Detroit) lol

crash

Was unable to access my old account for some reason, so this isn't anywhere near my first post. lol

anyway, I had a dream last night that he got claimed by Toronto, and then there was a huge blockbuster deal with us acquiring Giguere and Kaberle. I think Flip, Hudler and others were going the other way. Yikes.

The only deal I want with Toronto involves us getting Lebda back.

The only deal I want with Toronto involves us getting Lebda back.

Unfortunately, the Joe's Custodial Engineer position has been filled. They are, however, interviewing candidates to replace cakes in the troughes.

Please, I just ate.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

This is all just a big distraction. In reality, Holland is quietly snatching up Larsson while using Nabokov as a diversion... :ph34r:

Honestly, that doesn't sound any more outlandish than anything else discussed so far. I'm just trying to understand what the REAL deal is behind this move because, as most of us have stated, the likelihood of Nabby clearing waivers is close to none. Kenny is no dummy and he knows this. So I think there's got to be SOMETHING going on here. Does anyone know if there is any type of compensation awarded to the Wings if another team snags Nabby off waivers? I doubt it, but perhaps that's the play Kenny is making?

Jeff

I would laugh my ass off if Yzerman picked him up and traded him to Detroit for future considerations.

A. That would SCREAM collusion and the league would probably step in

B. Tampa is having a pretty good year and falls pretty low in the waiver priority list, so chances are that he someone higher will make a claim as well, if anyone is going to...

Honestly, that doesn't sound any more outlandish than anything else discussed so far. I'm just trying to understand what the REAL deal is behind this move because, as most of us have stated, the likelihood of Nabby clearing waivers is close to none. Kenny is no dummy and he knows this. So I think there's got to be SOMETHING going on here. Does anyone know if there is any type of compensation awarded to the Wings if another team snags Nabby off waivers? I doubt it, but perhaps that's the play Kenny is making?

Jeff

yea, no kidding... I think one way or another, Kenny has an ace up his sleeve... even if nothing else, it is just a favor to Meehan to get Nabby back in the league to work with Holland to keep one of our other players and/or FA in the future at a cheaper price...