• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Yeah I read that McKenzie article. At the same time, I'm still quite baffled as to why Kenny would do this whole thing to begin with. There's gotta be a good reason that perhaps we don't see yet, which is what I meant by "deal behind the scenes." Perhaps as far as we know, Kenny is just moving his pawns to the center of the chess board.

There is no deal behind the scenes. It can't be. Kenny did it because he wanted to get a great goaltender in and probably knew that it was unlikely that once his name was brought in some other GM would jump on him. There are no pawns on this one. Sucks but true I think.

I think it's just wondering, as previous poster said these threads always seem to be goalie bs goalie. I don't know why, I am happy to have Nabby, it's not about who is better or worse. Hopefully he clears, although I am doubtful.

Yeah I read that McKenzie article. At the same time, I'm still quite baffled as to why Kenny would do this whole thing to begin with. There's gotta be a good reason that perhaps we don't see yet, which is what I meant by "deal behind the scenes." Perhaps as far as we know, Kenny is just moving his pawns to the center of the chess board.

I think Kenny is just trying to get a back up goalie without giving having to trade away anything.

It could just be Holland taking a no-risk move to getting another goaltender in the possibility that Osgood is done for the season.

This thread is about Nabokov - please keep it to that particular subject. No beers, no goalie wars, and if you "report" someone has made a claim, please cite a source.

I'd hate to have to pull this thread, but I will if I have to delete another 3 pages of irrelevant posts.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

The only person I see reporting anything on a team making a claim is Eklund and he is about as trustworthy as a politician.

Based on what I am told by three sources....the Sharks WILL put a claim on Nabokov....the plot thickens...

Twitter

This thread is about Nabokov - please keep it to that particular subject. No beers, no goalie wars, and if you "report" someone has made a claim, please cite a source.

I'd hate to have to pull this thread, but I will if I have to delete another 3 pages of irrelevant posts.

:scared:

I have figured it out, Kenny has thought of every angle and has let out little trendils of rumors to the teams that may want to claim him. IE; fact blackhawk insider calls real shark insider and says hey we made a claim. Shark insider tells the brass not to make a claim cuz it is a waste of time. Kenny has had this done for everyone and shows us once again why he is a super genius. :cool:

A Florida fan on another board mentioned Florida might want in. Unsubstantiated rumor but it got me thinking: What if Florida grabbed Nabby, and then offered up Vokoun in a trade to the Wings? Circumvents the CBA and still gets the Wings a reliable veteran goalie. But I think he makes too much cap-wise.

At any rate, something similar to this might be what Holland has up his sleeve.

But then again...he could've just traded for Vokoun/Veteran Goalie without all the drama...

Man, this really is mind-boggling. I'll be at work when the drama comes to a conclusion tomorrow, hope to get good news.

rumor is the sharks LOL or chicago would both claim him. i would be kinda pissed if its a Western team......

just read this

Based on what I am told by three sources....the Sharks WILL put a claim on Nabokov....the plot thickens...

mind you the source is the almight DICKlund

Edited by Rick Zombos Ghost

A Florida fan on another board mentioned Florida might want in. Unsubstantiated rumor but it got me thinking: What if Florida grabbed Nabby, and then offered up Vokoun in a trade to the Wings? Circumvents the CBA and still gets the Wings a reliable veteran goalie. But I think he makes too much cap-wise.

At any rate, something similar to this might be what Holland has up his sleeve.

But then again...he could've just traded for Vokoun/Veteran Goalie without all the drama...

Man, this really is mind-boggling. I'll be at work when the drama comes to a conclusion tomorrow, hope to get good news.

Vokoun is way to expensive for this team. We would have to give up our depth in order to acquire him.

I think Kenny is just trying to get a back up goalie without giving having to trade away anything.

perhaps the most eloquent response from the past two days :thumbup:

rumor is the sharks LOL or chicago would both claim him. i would be kinda pissed if its a Western team......

Doesn't matter, there will probably be a few teams lower on the standings that will get first dibs ... like Islanders, Ottawa, Florida, Edmonton that might want him first.

As I type this it's 1AM. I think we're safe for tonight. Let's see what happens in the morning. I still think it's cheap insurance, and nothing more. If he pulls this off, I'd say he's a sly dog who hedges his bets. We shall see.

Guest Heaten

No way he clears. Timing of this signing actually sucks because within the last 12 hours, a couple of teams' goalies have been injured. This story has gained a lot of drama around the league, but a star goalie worth $3+ million signing for league minimum (with a cap hit of only $250k) is a gift for some other team. Not Detroit, unfortunately.

I wonder what plan 'B' is? Dan Cloutier?