• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Like I said before, what a letdown it would be for Nabokov to think that he's going to the Wings and then get claimed by the Islanders.

I could totally see Nabby say screw it and go back to Russia if he is picked up by the Islanders. It's like playing for Chicago, why would anyone want to do that!?

I think that has been Kenny's agenda all along. He took the risk of signing Nabby now, knowing other teams could claim him, and if we get him now then great, if not we will get him in the offseason. Kenny, out of all 29 other GM's in the league, took the initiative to go out and sign him and bring him back to the NHL like he wanted, so I foresee Kenny signing Nabby in the off-season if he is no longer ours today ... but here is to hoping he is ours because Jimmy is NOT cutting it in net; With Nabby the Wings will officially be stacked in all aspects of the game

Only about 40 more minutes left to wait... Please Hockey Gods, just let him become a Red Wing!

I read something last night that said Nabby will refuse to report to a bottom-feeding team. If the Islanders do claim him, he will bow out and just wait till next season to play. And since it seems like he wants to be with the Red Wings, I would assume he'll just sign with us in the offseason as a free agent.

...and that's the beauty of this scenario. Quite possibly the thing that will dissuade teams from picking him up.

Like I said before, what a letdown it would be for Nabokov to think that he's going to the Wings and then get claimed by the Islanders.

Why would the Islanders claim him when they had an old goaltender in Roloson (and dealt him to Tampa) and they are tanking anyway?

anyone else watching each minute by minute go by ? :hehe:

I was...... I gave up. He won't be a Wing...

I still do not see what the point of this excercise was... to prove that like St. Louis we too can get

the shaft from the waiver process?

I will be puzzled about this for a loooooooong time

Why would the Islanders claim him when they had an old goaltender in Roloson (and dealt him to Tampa) and they are tanking anyway?

they have a injured goaltender as of yesterday now and first round draft picks aren't work for them anymore, they still fail after 5 lottery picks in a row. :ph34r:

Nabby is much cheaper veteran than was Rolly. Obviously they're reconsidering rolling with DiPietro/Lawson/Poulin.

I mean, they need the draft pick, but they need to win some games so that their young players have a little confidence in the franchise.

Nabby could do that for them.

I read something last night that said Nabby will refuse to report to a bottom-feeding team. If the Islanders do claim him, he will bow out and just wait till next season to play. And since it seems like he wants to be with the Red Wings, I would assume he'll just sign with us in the offseason as a free agent.

Honestly, I don't know if I want him next season as much as I do this season.

I always had the notion that Larsson would come back and take the job, and that he would be good at it too. Nothing more than a feeling about that one.

Nabby is much cheaper veteran than was Rolly. Obviously they're reconsidering rolling with DiPietro/Lawson/Poulin.

I mean, they need the draft pick, but they need to win some games so that their young players have a little confidence in the franchise.

Nabby could do that for them.

Doesn't matter, cause Nabby will not play for the Islanders. He will refuse to report to any horrible team (which the Islanders obviously are). My guess is he'll either be a Red Wing in 20 minutes, or he'll be a Red Wing in the offseason. Unless of course a cup contending team claims him. But if you look at all the cup contenders, they all have their starting goalie pretty much set. Except for Philly, but they're higher in the standings then we are right now.