• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Don't know about this, because the Sens have come out and said they were not putting in a claim.

That article says that they MIGHT claim him. Nothing is official yet.

Did you see the goaltending display for the Sens last night?

And the Isles Back up got injured too.... So a re-consideration could of taken place....

EDIT

I am not trying to be a downer here.... But I have eaten SOOOO MUCH CROW on this board that I am hoping to do it again.

I have been wrong alot....(my luck) maybe a bit of good juju.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

And the Isles Back up got injured too.... So a re-consideration could of taken place....

Once again, Nabby will not play for a bottom-feeding team. He has the right to refuse any team and wait till the offseason. And from what I've heard, that's exactly what he'll do.

renhockey renaud lavoie

#senators won't claim Evgeni Nabokov on waivers. They don't like the no-trade clause.

28 minutes ago

stop talking about Ottawa.

Once again, Nabby will not play for a bottom-feeding team. He has the right to refuse any team and wait till the offseason. And from what I've heard, that's exactly what he'll do.

Actually, his agent has said he will report to whoever claims him.

This just in, entire stunt ploy by Bettman to add drama to the league while torturing Detroit. Holland to receive 50% off admission to Hockey Hall of Fame for life for playing along, Nabokov to receive 1 day of Sidney Crosby treatment by the league, and Islanders to receive recognition of still being a team.

per eklund :hehe:

Actually, his agent has said he will report to whoever claims him.

Link please? Only thing I heard from his agent was that he won't refuse the contract. But the contract is with us, in terms of him getting claimed tho, i'm pretty sure he will refuse to report to a dead last or near dead last team.

EDIT

I am not trying to be a downer here.... But I have eaten SOOOO MUCH CROW on this board that I am hoping to do it again.

I have been wrong alot....(my luck) maybe a bit of good juju.

I believe the Sens stated this morning that they would not take him.

I didn't say anything about the Islanders not taking him. That is where I think he will end up, actually. They have the third best chance after New Jersey and Edmonton. New Jersey has said they would not put in a claim, and Edmonton has Khabibulin.

Link please? Only thing I heard from his agent was that he won't refuse the contract. But the contract is with us, in terms of him getting claimed tho, i'm pretty sure he will refuse to report to a dead last or near dead last team.

Meehan said Nabokov will play regardless of where he ends up, nixing speculation that he would sit out the season if he were claimed by a club for whom he did not want to play.

“He wants to get visibility for next year,” Meehan said.[/Quote]

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2011/01/red_wings_who_know_evgeni_nabo.html

:rolleyes: O most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus -- People honor and invoke you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, for I am so helpless and alone. Please help to bring me visible and speedy assistance. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly that the Red Wings get Nabby in goal after clearing waivers and that I may praise God with you always. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you by publishing this request. Amen