• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

I don't know what the Islanders intend to gain by this. They are obviously in tank mode and they can't trade him without exposing him to waivers again.

Oh well, if it wasn't them it probably would have been somebody else. Worth a shot, Kenny.

They need a goalie for a while, and it only costs them $570,000. What doesn't make sense?

OK, does this necessarily mean it's all over? Does this mean there can't be any more conversation/deals/negotiations right now or soon with the Red Wings?

Pretty much. His agent said he would play for whoever claims him, and he has a no movement clause.

I don't even get for a second why they would put in a bid other than to be a dick. Well the Islanders are dead to me.

The Isles weren't dead to you already... lol

I REALLY hope he refuses to play... Kinda like you knew I wanted to go to a Contender and work towards next season and you guys screw me and claim me.... so now I screw you back lol

I'm not believing someones twitter page, I'll wait until its an official announcement from either the Wings, Isles, or the NHL itself..

From @NYIslanders: The #Isles have claimed goaltender Evgeni Nabokov off waivers.

http://twitter.com/#!/NYIslanders

Sorry. Twitter is the way of the world now.

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of waivers?

I just don't even understand why they exist, at least not in this situation.

Nabokov was available to every team in the league...But we went out and signed him...Why does everyone else get a chance to pluck him?

The Isles weren't dead to you already... lol

I REALLY hope he refuses to play... Kinda like you knew I wanted to go to a Contender and work towards next season and you guys screw me and claim me.... so now I screw you back lol

Agree, but you know what I didn't hate them and I was always rooting for them to turn it around. Now I hope they just stay at the bottom and get moved to somewhere in the West so we can go East.