• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

I'm fine with this. Totally comfortable with Howard and Osgood down the stretch.

you do know, late thirties is pretty much over for most goaltenders, i dont see many more seasons outta him, hes had a good run.. osgood has, but i dont see with everything thats going on if there will be a total recovery for him.. you never know...

I'm fine with this. Totally comfortable with Howard and Osgood down the stretch.

Problem with this is how much Osgood will be able to play. It will take him a while to get into game shape, once he is healthy. And, while he is getting healthy Howard will be getting tired playing every game until then. This is why the Wings were trying to get Nabokov.

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of waivers?

I just don't even understand why they exist, at least not in this situation.

Nabokov was available to every team in the league...But we went out and signed him...Why does everyone else get a chance to pluck him?

Whole new thread my friend

Will it be announced if any other teams had claims in? So if the Isles waive him, who is next in line?

esteef

I'm sure a lot of other teams also put in claims. With NJ saying early they had no interest, I pretty much knew he would be going to NY, as they were next in line, and with such a cheap contract, they have nothing to lose by signing him.

Ok..... I'm probably going to get lynched for this, but does anyone think there is a trade in progress? Think about it, Flipper is ot with the "flu" today, do you think possibly that the Wings are working with the Isles for a trade to perhaps unload some cap space??? Just saying, its seems fishy that the Wings would even attempt to sign this guy knowing they had no chance of getting him!

Welcome to the Ass Backwards CBA... WE got the first hand experience....

30 teams could have signed him... No one did... So we go and sign him and we get the last dibs out of 30 teams... Yea I would say thats Ass Backwards...

Just like the normal CBA try to protect one thing from happening... and F@@@ up another...

I didnt really care one way or the other, all he would have been is the back up. Howard is still the guy. And if Howard doesnt play well and its not the guy, I cant see the Wings winning a cup with Nabby. He is a playoff choker.

Best news in a few days. Hopefully Kenny doesn't think of anymore ways to piss of the number 1 and 2 goalies. Maybe he did it to spark a fire under Jimmy's ass to step up while knowing the whole time Nabokov would get picked up elsewhere...whatever reasoning is behind this.. not a good way to show confidence in your starter.

Sorry Esteef, I don't see the Isles waiving him. If they do, then they are dicks for taking him in the first place.

Regardless, if no one else put in a claim and he doesn't work out there for whatever reason, they release him and he's ours.

esteef

Ok..... I'm probably going to get lynched for this, but does anyone think there is a trade in progress? Think about it, Flipper is ot with the "flu" today, do you think possibly that the Wings are working with the Isles for a trade to perhaps unload some cap space??? Just saying, its seems fishy that the Wings would even attempt to sign this guy knowing they had no chance of getting him!

if there is Nabby would have to go through waivers... and we would have to start this cycle ALL over again lol...

crash

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of waivers?

I just don't even understand why they exist, at least not in this situation.

Nabokov was available to every team in the league...But we went out and signed him...Why does everyone else get a chance to pluck him?

It has been posted already. But waivers was instituted so you cannot hide a guy in the minors or Europe for a whole year, off the payroll, and bring him back for the playoffs or whenever you want him.

Joke's on you Islanders... you'll be relocated before you know it.

They should have been folded/relocated years ago. They have been a bottom feeding team for years (although we somehow managed to lose to them <_< ), plus all their other problems. There are already two other teams in the area. The only pep they've ever gotten since the mid-80s was when Oz played there briefly. I don't even hate the Isles - just wonder why the hell they still have team.

I'm sure KH has a backup plan....

I didnt really care one way or the other, all he would have been is the back up. Howard is still the guy. And if Howard doesnt play well and its not the guy, I cant see the Wings winning a cup with Nabby. He is a playoff choker.

out of curiousity and subtleness I ask this... have you talked to Babcock? do you really know that if Nabokov wouldve been in Detroit that he wouldve been backup? that is the most goofiest thing i have ever heard in my life.. No offense, to noone but are u kidding?

It has been posted already. But waivers was instituted so you cannot hide a guy in the minors or Europe for a whole year, off the payroll, and bring him back for the playoffs or whenever you want him.

I agree with that as long as it's the same team sending him to europe then bringing him back but how fair is it for a team who never owned him to have to send him through waivers. That's the part I don't like.

esteef

HOLY s*** GUYS WE GOT IT ALL WRONG!

>mfw every hockey fan at one time considers the hypothetical of pulling a player and having 2 goalies

>mfw the Islanders are going to make that a reality

346.jpg

>Ken Holland's reaction to the Islanders

317.jpg