• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

By the end of this week, I can almost promise you that there will be some clearer direction in this whole thing. Until then, everyone should just take a chill pill, unwad their panties, and just wait.

Lol, I didn't see anyone freaking out or getting their panties in a knot. No need to get so overdramatic. ;)

Wang is even dumber than I thought.

I cant stand the smugness of snow or wang. They seem like a couple assholes who know there f***ed so choose to ruin not only the Wings shot at a good goalie but more importantly the dreams of an actually human being. Kudos f***face (x2)

I cant stand the smugness of snow or wang. They seem like a couple assholes who know there f***ed so choose to ruin not only the Wings shot at a good goalie but more importantly the dreams of an actually human being. Kudos f***face (x2)

Basically what Wang is saying -

"He wanted to go to the powerhouse Red Wings for a chance to win the Stanley Cup, but we, the doormat of the East, claim him and he isn't thrilled about it. The f*ck's wrong with him for not wanting to play with us?"

In reality, the best thing Snow and the Islanders could do, from a personnel and PR standpoint to save face and maybe even obtain an asset out of this whole ordeal, would be to try and trade him...

Worse case scenario, Nabokov gets claimed via waivers again and best case scenario, they get a pick or prospect out of the deal...

Either way, he was a "free" asset in the first place, that has no intention of playing for them anyway and at least this way, Snow's not the bad guy anymore... this would also force Nabby's hand to report to wherever else he got claimed by, unless he wants to get a bad tag and would likely keep bottom feeders from making a claim the second time around... that is, if they were smart...

fry_see_what_you_did_there_scaled_RE_Blind_kitten-s300x375-88086-580.jpg

haha, perfect.

Given the situation that all parties have found themselves in, the rational thing for Nabokov to do is to stay home for another week or two, make the Isles management believe that he is serious about not reporting. Then if they don't relent, and if the case goes to the league for arbitration, he might as well report to the Isles, play for the 2 months or less, then be a FA for the next season. It's not worth it to anyone to risk that the league would roll over his contract to the next year, and he would actually have to play for NYI for a whole year.

So for now we can all be spectators in a competitive game of chicken b/w Nabokov and Snow/Wang.

Edited by sibiriak

Given the situation that all parties have found themselves in, the rational thing for Nabokov to do is to stay home for another week or two, make the Isles management believe that he is serious about not reporting. Then if they don't relent, and if the case goes to the league for arbitration, he might as well report to the Isles, play for the 2 months or less, then be a FA for the next season. It's not worth it to anyone to risk that the league would roll over his contract to the next year, and he would actually have to play for NYI for a whole year.

So for now we can all be spectators in a competitive game of chicken b/w Nabokov and Snow/Wang.

Actually, I think at this point it might just be best for him to not report.

Even though the Isles suck and it wouldn't be his fault, you just know motherf***ers, and especially Snow, Wang, etc. would be blaming him anyway saying he was losing just out of spite for the team and what happened. Especially with all the aftermath of what has happened up from the point the Wings signed him until now.

Then if they don't relent, and if the case goes to the league for arbitration, he might as well report to the Isles, play for the 2 months or less

but then we risk him falling in love with the organization like snow said.

too risky.

How about instead of throwing out ludicrous ideas, scenarios, and possible outcomes, we all sit back and wait and see what happens. It is clear Nabby doesn't want to be with the Islanders. We all get that. By the end of this week, I can almost promise you that there will be some clearer direction in this whole thing. Until then, everyone should just take a chill pill, unwad their panties, and just wait. That's all we can do and that's what we are going to have 2 do regardless of throwing out scenarios that are obscure and ridiculous.

Besides, it's Kenny Holland, I'm 99.99% sure he has all this s*** figured out already.

True. The above theories are logical. However, we are dealing with the chaos theory here, because we're talking about the NHL and its hierarchy. So there's no way even by the end of this week that it will all be sorted out. But even if it were, somebody's gonna end up pissed and/or screwed.

If that were to happen, then here would be Wang's reaction come July 1 -

"Our goaltender Evgeni Nabokov, just informed us he intends to test the free agent waters and doesn't plan on re-signing with us. I don't understand it. Why wouldn't he want to re-sign with us?"

There is no way that the Isles would toll the contract, the PR damage is going to get bad, I really think this is just the beginning of this debacle.

Snow may be the smartest GM in the league, he may have just claimed the distraction that allows the team to race to the #1 pick in the draft.

With a built in excuse of "it because Nabokov...", no one can say they intentionally folded for the season.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Funny how so many think this was a long term play. :hehe:

Kenny offered him a 1 season contract to cover injuries to the team. We potentially need a better option for a backup next year, preferably someone who can keep Jimmy on his toes, but I doubt we'll be going after Nabokov a second time.

This was entirely a something for nothing attempt.

Without me reading the entire thread and because I can't find an answer on the internet anywhere, does anyone know the policy behind him being waived by the Islanders? Didn't someone say at some point in this thread that if the Islanders waive him because he won't report, that the Wings could claim him at that point?

Edit: let me know if this is true: The Islanders got an opportunity to claim him due to their low rank on the standings, so does that same fact hold true if he's waived again, or do the Wings have first opportunity because they were the ones that initially signed him?

Edited by lookalive07

Without me reading the entire thread and because I can't find an answer on the internet anywhere, does anyone know the policy behind him being waived by the Islanders? Didn't someone say at some point in this thread that if the Islanders waive him because he won't report, that the Wings could claim him at that point?

Edit: let me know if this is true: The Islanders got an opportunity to claim him due to their low rank on the standings, so does that same fact hold true if he's waived again, or do the Wings have first opportunity because they were the ones that initially signed him?

He has to go on waivers again, any team that made a claim when NYI got Nabby get priority, if none want him then he goes on waivers again, any team, except the Islanders can claim him, even Detroit could then, but they would have 26 other teams to go through.

Yeah, okay that's what I thought. Still the most retarded rule I've ever heard of.

It keeps "Team A" from signing a player that has made money in another league, then comes to NHL to make more, while a team gets a expensive player at a bargain rate to circumvent the CBA.