• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Guest Heaten

According to Islander fans, Holland will trade a 1st round draft pick + Hudler for Nabokov next year...

According to Islander fans, Holland will trade a 1st round draft pick + Hudler for Nabokov next year...

Anything more than a 3rd round pick would be absurd, unless part of a salary dump.

They could shop him to other teams though, which might bring up his value, but, I think the GM's have learned they will have to approve the move with Nabokov.

3rd or maybe two 4th rounders if there are other bidders. Anything more and we should just try to hire someone else to back up Howard.

Time to rescue Conklin?

Edited by Wingzman91

I am so sick of those putrid Islanders. If cheapo Mr. Wang wants to play hardball perhaps Kenny upsets their applecart by dangling an offersheet to Tavares this summer... <_<

If I were Nabby I would report to the Islanders and take a nap in the crease during my first game. Not even attempt to make a save, let in 7 goals on his first 8 shots as an Islander. Just to piss Garth Snow and Charles Wang off.

Hopefully they'd get the hint and let him go.

Free Tibet.

Free Willy.

Free Nabby!

Edited by puffy

Anyone have a (goalie) FA list for 2011/12?

Giguere

Vokoun

Bryzgalov

Leclaire

Roloson

Smith

Niemi

Anderson

Hedberg

Osgood

Turco

Conklin

Budaj

Garon

Harding

Theodore

Auld

Labarbera

Boucher

Howard

Lalime

Brodeur, Mike

Nabokov (according to capgeek... we'll see I guess...)

Toivonen

Sanford

MacDonald

McElhinney

Sabourin

...and some others I'm unfamiliar with.

The league wouldn't work real well if players were allowed to play wherever they wanted for whomever they wanted for any amount of money they wanted. Try looking at the bigger picture.

Looking at even bigger picture try expanding this view on the economy as a whole. I guess it would not work if people were allowed to work "wherever they wanted for whomever they wanted for any amount of money they wanted".

Why would he need to trade anything for Nabokov next year? He'll be a free agent.

EDIT: ah, forgot about "tolling" his contract. I really don't know much about how that all works.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Why would he need to trade anything for Nabokov next year? He'll be a free agent.

EDIT: ah, forgot about "tolling" his contract. I really don't know much about how that all works.

The Islanders aren't even guaranteed to get the contract tolled. They could just as easily lose his rights and get nothing out of the process (which they deserve considering they were able to pick him up for nothing).

Since Evgeni Nabokov declines to play for the Islanders and is suspended rightfully... could we trade Joey Macdonald for Nabokov?

With their goalie going down last night theyre desperate. I don't know how their farm system is currently but it seems like now they're going to be in a tight situation. Macdonald has showed up this season and has previous NHL experience. They know Nabokov wont play for them so is this feasible?

He has a NMC which means he has to play for NYI the rest of his career. He also must live in Long Island for 15 years (until he's 50 years old). These are the terms that he himself chose for his contract with Red Wings, but now he's an Islander. All this has already been covered in numerous articles about this Nabokov incident during the last week or so.

Not all former goaltenders / current general managers are geniuses.

Yep, it's a genius move by Holland to attempt to pick up Nabokov as a backup for nothing on a near-minimum contract. But when Snow actually does get him for that amount on waivers, Snow is an idiot.

Even though with Nabokov not reporting and suspended, he ends up as Islanders property for next year. Wow, now Snow has a very good goalie on a low one-year deal that he can trade in the summer to a team looking for goaltending. Worst case, he gets a pick or two.

Snow sure is stupid to get free draft picks or prospects, or even better, contributing roster players.

They still have the rights to his contract for next season I believe. I also believe his has a no-move clause which doesn't allow him to be traded.

I think that's right. If not, please let me know.

The way I read it Islanders can appeal to NHL to toll Nabokov's contract. So it is not guaranteed that he will be their property next season. How likely it is that NHL would grant Islanders request I have no idea.