• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

telling me to move on? hahaha..ok then.

yea and he doesn't want to play for a s*** team with no chance in hell for years to make it to the playoffs much less a cup. he signed with detroit..he took the chance just like holland took the chance...so no sir...you move on....good day.

I wasn't telling you specifically to move on. I was saying "move on" as a general statement that can apply to everybody. Snow, Nabby, the Wings, and ALL of us. It's over now. Nothing can change.

If he didn't want to play for a "s*** team", his agent shouldn't have been giving statements that claimed the opposite. And once they realized what kind of position it put Nabokov in, they should've cleared up those comments with the parties involved. They didn't. You don't let it fly around for awhile and then be surprised when it begins to confuse people.

If you're Nabokov you gotta be thinking...

What should I do?

Should I admit the KHL was a mistake?

Should I not listen to my family? They're my family.

Should I have said the Islanders are a first class organization?

What should I do?

What should I do?

Maybe I should just retire.

Should I have told the Islanders to suck my wang?

Should I just say, "I am not a role model."?

Should I score another power play goal?

Should I go back to being "John"?

Should I admit I wasn't prepared for Team Canada?

Should I be who you want me to be?

What should I do?

That was great!

Update on Nabokov's situation with Islanders:

Dreger Report (Monday, April 04, 2011 12:08 PM)

The New York Islanders have no intention of granting Evgeni Nabokov permission to play for Russia in the upcoming World Hockey Championship and according to the NHL, Nabokov needs the Isles' permission even though their season is about to end.

Nabokov remains under suspension after failing to report to New York in January when the Islanders claimed the 35-year-old goalie off waivers.

The Islanders still control Nabokov's rights and see considerable value in the one-year, $570,000 contract he initially signed with the Detroit Red Wings.

Because Nabokov refused to report to Long Islande and was subesquently suspended, both the team and league believe the Isles can toll his contract for the 2011-2012 season. This tolling potential is the reason why the Islanders denied the Russian Federation's request to allow Nabokov to play in an exhibition game last week with their Russian national team and the impact his playing in the Worlds may also have on dragging Nabokov's rights to next season presents a gamble that the Islanders, at this point, aren't willing to take.

On a more serious note I still believe that had not NYI put a waiver claim on Nabokov he would've ended up in Red Wings. I blamde Islanders.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Garth Snow's thin skinned antics aren't winning any fans out this way...

Isles' Garth Snow raises ire of beat writers

BY PAT HICKEY, THE GAZETTE APRIL 5, 2011 8:02 AM

The average hockey fan has never heard of Chris Botta, but the Long Island-based blogger has become an unwilling cause célèbre.

When the National Hockey League sent out ballots for its annual awards to members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association last week, the three chapters in the New York metropolitan area announced they were boycotting the vote. They were protesting the fact that New York Islanders general manager Garth Snow revoked Botta's credentials in November.

While everyone involved insists that there was no single issue which led to Snow's unprecedented decision, it's no coincidence that Botta was declared persona non grata after he criticized Snow's decision to fire head coach Scott Gordon.

http://www.faceoff.com/Isles+Garth+Snow+raises+beat+writers/4560252/story.html

Waiver is a dumbfck idea, whoever came up with it should be flogged.

You - as a Finn - should know that this particular waiver rule was created because of a certain player called Reijo Ruotsalainen.

Read more about it here.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Because Nabokov refused to report to Long Islande and was subesquently suspended, both the team and league believe the Isles can toll his contract for the 2011-2012 season. This tolling potential is the reason why the Islanders denied the Russian Federation’s request to allow Nabokov to play in an exhibition game last week with their Russian national team and the impact his playing in the Worlds may also have on dragging Nabokov’s rights to next season presents a gamble that the Islanders, at this point, aren’t willing to take.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/evgeni_nabokov_and_islanders_continue_to_snub_and_counter-snub_as_world_cha/

Sour grapes or not, it sounds like they're also afraid letting him play in World's weakens their case to toll his contract next season.

Either way, it's not a surprising move to me. A goalie you legally required by the rules of the CBA refuses to play for your team, yet you should let him go off and play in the Worlds?

Guest CaliWingsNut

At this time, I'd like to wish Garth Snow all the best in the playoffs; whenever that may be and with whatever team.

I feel sorry for Tavares.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/evgeni_nabokov_and_islanders_continue_to_snub_and_counter-snub_as_world_cha/

Sour grapes or not, it sounds like they're also afraid letting him play in World's weakens their case to toll his contract next season.

Either way, it's not a surprising move to me. A goalie you legally required by the rules of the CBA refuses to play for your team, yet you should let him go off and play in the Worlds?

I get that part; the part I'm shaking my head at was this: While everyone involved insists that there was no single issue which led to Snow's unprecedented decision, it's no coincidence that Botta was declared persona non grata after he criticized Snow's decision to fire head coach Scott Gordon.

Seriously? "You're being a meanie. Go away."