• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

No matter what, there was a point to this. We just may not find out the actual one until this offseason.

He probably just wanted a chance to play in the NHL again. Nothing like having the Red Wings wanting to sign a player for other teams to take interest in him, with a small price tag on top of that.

If he makes it to NY.. NJ could claim him first and then move him or Hedburg...

Just Hedberg, if they try to trade Nabby they have to waive him first, all season, no matter how much he plays :(

We can not get Nabokov unless every team passes, I just don't see that happening.

Just Hedberg, if they try to trade Nabby they have to waive him first, all season, no matter how much he plays :(

We can not get Nabokov unless every team passes, I just don't see that happening.

You do not need to expose a player to waivers to trade them...

Nabby can't play in the AHL, and if he was claimed off waivers by another team and than traded to us he would have to clear wavers again. If he doesn't clear tomorrow there is no way we could get him back.

This is just weird. I can't imagine that there's not more to this. Either Holland has reason to believe Nabokov will not get claimed or there's something else going on. I just can't imagine they would do this only to see him claimed Friday afternoon.

This has to have been planned... I wonder if someone has made a deal with the Wings to get this done...

Or maybe they were planning on trading for him right of the bat. Or maybe they really just wanted to play the long shot, or maybe they were using voodoo to stop people from claming him...

I am just confused...

Bob McKenzie Twitter...

Nabokov's agent Don Meehan sent a letter to all NHL teams prior to signing saying Nabokov wants to be able to compete as a starter.

This was a favor for Meehan plain and simple

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

this all makes my head spin. It's like Nabby is a white elephant gift, and we have to wait til people get done claiming him, until he's dead and we can keep him?

:D

I think I will just wait for Saturday to be happy or sad about this.

Wings sign Nabby ...

NJ claims him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers

NYI claims him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers

Leafs claim him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers ...

x26 teams ... all the way up to the Wings and we finally sign him ... :D

This is just weird. I can't imagine that there's not more to this. Either Holland has reason to believe Nabokov will not get claimed or there's something else going on. I just can't imagine they would do this only to see him claimed Friday afternoon.

holland has something up his sleeve, no question.

They'd still own his rights until he fulfilled the contract, esentially forcing him into retirement...

Kind of risky though. Ken and Mickey were saying that Nabby cannot be sent down to the minors, and we already established that he can't be traded unless he hits the waiver wire again. Is it worth the risk to waste one of two, maybe three available slots on a goalie who refuses to play for you?

Granted, I doubt Nabby cares as much as we do where he ends up. I expect he's looking at the remainder of this year as an audition for next year.

So if a team was at their roster or salary cap limit and wanted to acquire Nabokov, would they first have to move a player, then pick up Nabby, or could they pick up Nabby first and go over the roster/cap limit for a couple hours to a day while they sort things out?

On that note: are there any teams who are so close to the Cap or are at their roster limit that picking up Nabby isn't feasible right now?

Edited by Echolalia

NTC as well so no waivers again without her permission after his mandatory first round.

McKenzie:

Nabokov has a No Move clause in his contract with DET. Cannot be put on waivers (after tomorrow, which is req'd) without his permission
Edited by dragonballgtz

Wings sign Nabby ...

NJ claims him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers

NYI claims him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers

Leafs claim him and tries to trade him and must put him on waivers ...

x26 teams ... all the way up to the Wings and we finally sign him ... :D

Cannot be put on Waivers without his permission.... No Movement Clause