• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#501 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:43 PM

If Nabby ends up here, Osgood will come back after the trade deadline. After the deadline, there are no restrictions on roster size.

Are you getting trade deadline and playoffs mixed up?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#502 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

if true that was a waste of excitement

#503 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Are you getting trade deadline and playoffs mixed up?

No. Teams have no roster limits after the trade deadline, so far as I know.

Edited by Crymson, 21 January 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#504 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

honestly any other team besides Chicago or San Jose would be fine by me. I wouldn't go back to San Jose as they blamed everything on him for the non playoff success and Chicago just sucks in general. that is all.

#505 T-Ruff

T-Ruff

BAMF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

Bobby Mac lays out the whole situation and all possibilities here:

Many Confused By Nabokov Waiver Situation

Very nice simple summary

#506 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:47 PM

We all knew this could happen, but the Sharks or Chicago would sting a bit more. Send him to the east or to someone that won't make the playoffs.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#507 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

Fair enough. I know that once playoffs come around the cap hits are null and so is the roster size. i didn't know that the roster size was null after the trade deadline.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#508 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

mlive

Might not matter now, or never did, but some of the Wings' takes on it.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#509 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:00 PM

Did some research and you are right.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank

#510 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

WeNo matter what, it was a long shot from the start. Hopefully for the folks that think this was to motivate Jimmy, hopefully he got the message and he gets better. Beware Mr. Howard we DO have the nuts to replace you.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#511 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

I feel like Mr. Bettman and company have a war room and come up with stuff that hinders us. No one even thought of Nabby until we did and BAM! there is a rule to hinder our amazing GM and alert the s***ty ones.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#512 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

If Nabokov clears Waivers, and ends up in Detroit...

AND if he's allowed to even compete for the Starting role, let alone win it from Howard....

That's proof positive that Babcock is a liar with his "Howie is our Starter. We're going to ride him." schtick, and that his bias against Osgood was personal.

Just as some here have opined.

#513 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

I really think Ken Holland is a sly old dog. He's hedging his bets. This is insurance of a bargain basement form.
Posted Image

#514 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

I am still wondering who Kenny was doing a favor for with this Nabokov deal, or what the reasoning was behind it, because it was obvious from the jump that he was not going to clear wavers.

I'm still hoping Kenny has something up his sleeve and this wasn't just a random shot in the dark...

#515 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

AND if he's allowed to even compete for the Starting role, let alone win it from Howard....

That's proof positive that Babcock is a liar with his "Howie is our Starter. We're going to ride him." schtick, and that his bias against Osgood was personal.

so it would be ok to keep allowing 4+goals a game even in the playoffs ? I mean because we are not here to win right ? We are just a team with a name on it. <_<

#516 RedFX

RedFX

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

.........or he just likes winning hockey games. Either one
-15-
Posted Image
"I don't like to be the pony. I like to be on top." -Pavel Datsyuk

#517 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:14 PM

No offense but Ozzie has been given an opportunity this year and played pretty decent and if he wasn't injured he'd probably still be playing. As far as Nabby bs Ozzie... Nabby has been the better goalie for most of the last 10 years accept one season,

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#518 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

so it would be ok to keep allowing 4+goals a game even in the playoffs ? I mean because we are not here to win right ? We are just a team with a name on it. <_<

I am not saying Osgood or Howard have been great as both have their own issues but good team defense would help out a lot in the goals against department.

Edited by dragonballgtz, 21 January 2011 - 09:20 PM.

#519 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:20 PM

Everyone here is over analyzing the situation. Nabokov will be a Red Wing or won't be in the NHL at all. Think about it...

Nabokov wants to play for the Wings; obviously. Unfortunately, he has the possibility of being snatched away on waivers. If Nabokov is claimed by another team then he can just say that he doesn't want to play for that team. He's not signing to play for any NHL team, he's signing to play with the RED WINGS. 250k is peanuts for a guy that just made 30 million over the last 5 years. For a guy making this much money, it wouldn't be worth moving across continents to play with a subpar team that has no chance of winning.

My gut says that Nabokov will be a RED WING. However, if he is claimed, I predict he rejects the offer and stays in Russia.

#520 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:21 PM

I am not saying Osgood or Howard have been great as both have their own issues but good team defense would help out a lot in the goals against department.

I totally agree the defense is partly to blame also, but after seeing Howard and the end of last year and beginning of this year (especially with the first game of the year shutout) I had some decent expectations for his play this year.

Edited by darkmanx, 21 January 2011 - 09:21 PM.