• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#561 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

This thread is about Nabokov - please keep it to that particular subject. No beers, no goalie wars, and if you "report" someone has made a claim, please cite a source.
I'd hate to have to pull this thread, but I will if I have to delete another 3 pages of irrelevant posts.

:scared:

I have figured it out, Kenny has thought of every angle and has let out little trendils of rumors to the teams that may want to claim him. IE; fact blackhawk insider calls real shark insider and says hey we made a claim. Shark insider tells the brass not to make a claim cuz it is a waste of time. Kenny has had this done for everyone and shows us once again why he is a super genius. :cool:
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#562 MOG1TIM611

MOG1TIM611

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

http://www.newsday.c...ivers-1.2628497

islanders or the sens?

#563 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

Wait all the claims of claims came from Eklund??? Oh my, we shall see Nabokov in the Red and White soon enough! YES!!!!! Nabby will be a Wing!
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#564 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:27 PM

http://www.newsday.c...ivers-1.2628497

islanders or the sens?

What does the rest of the article say? I'm not signing up for anything.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#565 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,370 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

It would be weird to see him wearing a number that isn't 20.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#566 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,246 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

A Florida fan on another board mentioned Florida might want in. Unsubstantiated rumor but it got me thinking: What if Florida grabbed Nabby, and then offered up Vokoun in a trade to the Wings? Circumvents the CBA and still gets the Wings a reliable veteran goalie. But I think he makes too much cap-wise.

At any rate, something similar to this might be what Holland has up his sleeve.

But then again...he could've just traded for Vokoun/Veteran Goalie without all the drama...

Man, this really is mind-boggling. I'll be at work when the drama comes to a conclusion tomorrow, hope to get good news.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#567 Rick Zombos Ghost

Rick Zombos Ghost

the jerk store

• PipPipPip
  • 632 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

rumor is the sharks LOL or chicago would both claim him. i would be kinda pissed if its a Western team......

just read this
Based on what I am told by three sources....the Sharks WILL put a claim on Nabokov....the plot thickens...

mind you the source is the almight DICKlund

Edited by Rick Zombos Ghost, 22 January 2011 - 12:19 AM.

#568 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

A Florida fan on another board mentioned Florida might want in. Unsubstantiated rumor but it got me thinking: What if Florida grabbed Nabby, and then offered up Vokoun in a trade to the Wings? Circumvents the CBA and still gets the Wings a reliable veteran goalie. But I think he makes too much cap-wise.

At any rate, something similar to this might be what Holland has up his sleeve.

But then again...he could've just traded for Vokoun/Veteran Goalie without all the drama...

Man, this really is mind-boggling. I'll be at work when the drama comes to a conclusion tomorrow, hope to get good news.

Vokoun is way to expensive for this team. We would have to give up our depth in order to acquire him.

#569 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:24 AM

Vokoun is way to expensive for this team. We would have to give up our depth in order to acquire him.

He also has a NMC.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#570 Grim

Grim

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:28 AM

I think Kenny is just trying to get a back up goalie without giving having to trade away anything.

perhaps the most eloquent response from the past two days :thumbup:

#571 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:52 AM

rumor is the sharks LOL or chicago would both claim him. i would be kinda pissed if its a Western team......

Doesn't matter, there will probably be a few teams lower on the standings that will get first dibs ... like Islanders, Ottawa, Florida, Edmonton that might want him first.

#572 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

Just read this ... Sharks are very desperate for a backup ... wouldn't this be ironic?
TSN Article on Sharks Goalie Situation

#573 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:12 AM

As I type this it's 1AM. I think we're safe for tonight. Let's see what happens in the morning. I still think it's cheap insurance, and nothing more. If he pulls this off, I'd say he's a sly dog who hedges his bets. We shall see.
Posted Image

#574 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:51 AM

No way he clears. Timing of this signing actually sucks because within the last 12 hours, a couple of teams' goalies have been injured. This story has gained a lot of drama around the league, but a star goalie worth $3+ million signing for league minimum (with a cap hit of only $250k) is a gift for some other team. Not Detroit, unfortunately.

I wonder what plan 'B' is? Dan Cloutier?

#575 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:55 AM

I wonder what plan 'B' is? Dan Cloutier?

Hasek ... he doesn't have to clear any waivers :lol:.
Ray Emery's name has been thrown around although I'm not sure if I would want him.

#576 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:13 AM

Hasek ... he doesn't have to clear any waivers :lol:.
Ray Emery's name has been thrown around although I'm not sure if I would want him.

huh?

#577 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:25 AM

i hope to see nabby in a wings jersey when i wake up later :thumbup:

#578 redwingcapt

redwingcapt

redwingcapt

• PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

seriously, if they DESPERATELY consider aquiring a third goalie, and nabokov doesnt fall through, who would be surprised if hasek get signed...

he is 18-17 with a 2.54 gaa with the Spartak Moscow

Edited by redwingcapt, 22 January 2011 - 02:31 AM.

To whom much is given, much is expected

#579 hotwings24

hotwings24

Super Wings chick!

• 48 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:35 AM

i hope to see nabby in a wings jersey when i wake up later :thumbup:

Me too I woke up because I couldn't sleep anymore. This will be the first time I wish noon was here!!!! Especially on sleep in Saturday.

With Nabokov =. :)

Without Nabokov = >=(

#580 CanadaBoy

CanadaBoy

The Red Wing Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 02:36 AM

so close
But my most coveted thing is a high self-esteem
And a low tolerance for them telling me how to lean
See the most important parts are the ones that are unseen
The Wings don't make you fly and the Crown don't make you king
Now God don't like ugly, ain't too happy bout pretty
I am ignorance's enemy so stay out of the vicinity of...
~ Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch