• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Nabokov claimed by NYI, refuses to report, suspended

Rate this topic

Clarification via Twitter - McKenzie

Just to clarify, Nabokov cannot be traded because he would have to go back to the wings on waivers. My point is he can't go to 3rd party without the Wings having the chance to take him back first.

Edited by sixer

via Twitter - McKenzie

Just to clarify, Nabokov cannot be traded because he would have to go back to the wings on waivers. My point is he can't go to 3rd party without the Wings having the chance to take him back first. Did not word it correctly the first time

via Twitter - McKenzie

...without the Wings having the chance to take him back first. Did not word it correctly the first time. Sorry for confusion.

less than 5 seconds ago via Twitter for iPad

So if NJ picks up Nabakov off waivers then puts them back on waivers (maybe with a couple incentives from Holland), the Wings get first dibs, essentially bypassing the other 28 teams?

That's the way I read it.

12:00 Nabby on waivers

12:01 Nabby claimed by NJ

12:02 Nabby traded to [insert team]

12:03 Nabby re-claimed by the Detroit Red Wings

Guest mjtm77

so if New J gets him then puts him back on waivers we get first chance? iam Confused

so if New J gets him then puts him back on waivers we get first chance? iam Confused

If they claim him and than trade him we get first dibs. Another team can't put him on waivers to send him to the AHL because he has a NMC.

You can't put a cllaimed played into the minors. Also this is completely speculation but I have Centre Ice and I am flipping through the channels to see who may have interest and I have eliminated Colorado and Nashville.

Follow me here and see if this works

OK So Nabokov goes to Jersey.... Has his presser and says: "I demand to be traded" Boom! he's a Red Wing right?!?!?

Yes.

Or NJD claims him and the Wings offer to trade future considerations for him. NJDs agree to it and we get Nabby off waivers and the future considerations would be under the table cash for agreeing to trade Nabby.

there must be something more to this...

from what I understood, a claiming team cannot stash Nabby to the AHL because of the NMC. so that would be a huge deterrent, right?

Yes.

Or NJD claims him and the Wings offer to trade future considerations for him. NJDs agree to it and we get Nabby off waivers and the future considerations would be under the table cash for agreeing to trade Nabby.

I like this. Why the hell not? As long as they're not found out. :ph34r:

there must be something more to this...

from what I understood, a claiming team cannot stash Nabby to the AHL because of the NMC. so that would be a huge deterrent, right?

Under his deal with the NMC he would Have to be carried on a NHL roster or asked permission by "claiming Team" to put him on Waivers again..at that point the RED WINGS could claim him out right.