• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#841 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:57 PM

I know, but that is supposed to be the intent of rules correct? Fairness, parity? Every team was able to make a deal with Nabby and didn't. Now that Detroit got something done other teams can swoop in and take him, and not just other teams, ALL other teams. Again, if Detroit already had him before he went to europe I can see where it might be construed as they were "hiding" him, but that's not the case here. Just doesn't seem right, and not just because I'm a Wings fan either.

esteef

Flip the situation. If we had been the team to claim him, I doubt you'd have the same view.

#842 I Red Wings I

I Red Wings I

Holy mackerel!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

What a waste. Sucks... I had a dream last night, and he took Detroit to the SCF against Montreal. Lost game 1, 3-1 <_<

#843 IrishWing19

IrishWing19

Token Irishman

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

I quit reading right here.

+1

Being on a 1 or 2-way deal has absolutely no bearing on AHL eligibility, only on the amount of money you're getting paid.

#844 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Being an original 6 team I have to defend my fellow original 6 team. The Islanders getting Nabokov is crazy. He's already said that he wants to play for a Stanley Cup contending team, and if that doesn't happen he will not report to the team that picks him up. He will have to sit out this season and the Wings can then sign him as a FA. Granted it blows, however, it looks like that's how this is going to be played out.

His agent has said he will play for whoever claims him.

#845 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:58 PM

Oh well...easy come easy go.

wonder what Manny Legace's up to these days? ;)
Posted Image

#846 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:59 PM

LOL. What a joke. Islanders are easily the worst run franchise in sports.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#847 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Ok. I was wrong.

But this makes no friggin sense. The Islanders will not make the playoffs but they are going to use a 35 year old goalie who they will lose in 3 months instead of letting one of the youngsters develop?

And I thought that Chicago was a train wreck of an organization. I guess I forgot how poorly run the Islanders franchise is.
Do or do not. There is no try

#848 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Flip the situation. If we had been the team to claim him, I doubt you'd have the same view.

Nice try, read my last sentence, and yes I would is your answer. :D

esteef

Edited by esteef, 22 January 2011 - 01:00 PM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#849 drafalski

drafalski

Draftee

• 8 posts

I quit reading right here.

Sorry, your retarded signature mesmorized me and caused me to leave out the word "pay" after determines.

#850 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

Just wondering Puckbags why you quoted me and said nothing?

Are you in agreement with what I said?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#851 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,622 posts

Nabokov's emotions have gone from :yowza: to :scared: :angry:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#852 zombi

zombi

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 422 posts

So, is his contact up this summer? Is it possible that we can easily pick him up in the off-season?

Maybe this was the plan all along.

Posted Image

#853 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

It's not fair, It wasn't fair when the blues (A team I can't stand) lost two players to waivers back to back. It made even less sense given that he was a free agent. Like if he was contracted to a euro team I'd get that, but he played not even half a season, then had his contract terminated.

#854 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:01 PM

Nice try, read my last sentence, and yes I would is your answer. :D

esteef

Basically I was saying I disagree with your statement.

#855 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:02 PM

But this makes no friggin sense. The Islanders will not make the playoffs but they are going to use a 35 year old goalie who they will lose in 3 months instead of letting one of the youngsters develop?

Really what good would putting a young goaltender in to get blown out every night do? Common thought is that letting goalies get rocked destroys their confidence.

This makes a lot of sense to me, put in an all star goalie to try and get some ticket sales. They should be able to make more than 250k off of him.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#856 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:03 PM

Basically I was saying I disagree with your statement.

Good for you.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#857 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:04 PM

Tough s***. No way was he going to slip through the 29 cracks to us.

I can still have confidence in Kenny that this had some future purpose behind it. Even if he didn't, THREAD OF THE YEAR!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#858 SouthernHockeyHoney

SouthernHockeyHoney

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Is it entirely possible that Ken Holland KNEW he didn't have a chance to get Nabby once he hit the waiver wire? Isn't it possible that a deal with another team was in place BEFORE the Wings made the deal with Nabokov? Obviously, it might not have worked out in the long run, but I imagine, an Eastern Conference team with no playoff-prospects (Islanders) OWING Ken Holland a favor come trade-deadline time, just might be a VERY good thing. Ken Holland is one very savvy guy...

Just my nickel's worth....
The only thing better than a cold glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill.

#859 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

Sorry, your retarded signature mesmorized me and caused me to leave out the word "pay" after determines.

So your sentence was suppose to say, "First and foremost, the contract type (1-way or 2-way) determines PAY if a player can be sent to the AHL." Yeah thats definitely a coherent sentence. LOL Just admit you got your facts wrong after you put down other posters that did the same thing.

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings, 22 January 2011 - 01:06 PM.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#860 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:06 PM

Let the Isles have him... he is probably a little Rusty...

This could work out great for us...

His stats might not be that good = Lower Price next season

He will def. want to get out of Long Island = He will make it to UFA

His agent kinda owes us and we already know he wants to play in Detroit and no other team would give him a shot = We have a leg up come Free Agency

With Osgood aging and his groin and injuries currently and him being the last of the 97 and 98 cup runs he might be retiring next year.. (also with the 400 wins under his belt)

I think that a 1A and 1B tandem of Howard and Nabokov would do this team wonders next season... Yes might frustrate Jimmy a lil but until he proves he can solely carry the load then we need a capable back up... Nabby is that and more...

crash