• Please log in to reply
1581 replies to this topic

#1361 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:24 PM

Goodness gracious, the man wants to play for the Red Wings, let him freakin' play for the Red Wings.

The league wouldn't work real well if players were allowed to play wherever they wanted for whomever they wanted for any amount of money they wanted. Try looking at the bigger picture.

#1362 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:32 PM

Filing retirement papers forces the player to sit out for at least one season.

Didn't Hasek come back after only a few months? Or did he come back in '04?

#1363 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:44 PM

Islanders are just going to trade him next year for a pick anyways probably. Won't be able to get much because Nabokov hasn't displayed his play in the NHL since a year ago.

#1364 Osgood=WIN!

Osgood=WIN!

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:23 PM

Didn't Hasek come back after only a few months? Or did he come back in '04?

Retired after the cup win in '02, was retired all through '03(the reason we signed Cujo), and came back in '04, causing a big ruckus, but only played like 14 games, then was out for the season with an injury. Signed with the Sens in '05.
Pavel Datsyuk would'nt acknowledge if he aggravated his right wrist that was broken in December. The Russian only said that he is looking forward to getting back on the Red Wings plane (back to San Jose) for Game 7:

"Have good seats" Datsyuk said.

#1365 Shady Ultima

Shady Ultima

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

I couldn't remember if he was back in '03, causing the ruckus and then signed with the sens in '04. Thanks for clearing it up.

I agree with the general idea that the Isles are going to keep him, then try to trade him at the deadline for picks/prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to picking him up then for a relatively cheap price, since his cap hit will still be very low, and Osgood is likely going to retire.

#1366 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

The league wouldn't work real well if players were allowed to play wherever they wanted for whomever they wanted for any amount of money they wanted. Try looking at the bigger picture.

Selanne and Karyia didn't have a problem doing that before.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#1367 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:16 PM

Selanne and Karyia didn't have a problem doing that before.

You don't often have two (former) super-stars signing together with a good team for $1 million each after years of making nearly 10 times that much in years past.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1368 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

Milbury just said once again what a good rule this waiver thing is, and billy jaffe was trying to control himself from laughing. lol

#1369 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

Remember that Bill Cosby show called Kids Say The Darndest Things?

We need to invent a new one starring Milbury and just run through clips of him saying this stupid s***. I'd watch it for the lulz.

there's speculation that Ottawa will be getting a new GM and coach this offseason. Pierre mcguire's name has been mentioned as GM; maybe they should also hire Milbury as coach. :hehe:

#1370 wmubronco420

wmubronco420

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:39 PM

you mean kind of like the MLB? I dont think we need to argue which league is doing better right now.

Posted Image

#1371 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:51 PM

why is mike milbury sof****** stupid?
and Nabby stick with it buddy, we want you here in hockeytown :thumbup:

#1372 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

Milbury just said once again what a good rule this waiver thing is, and billy jaffe was trying to control himself from laughing. lol

What the hell qualifies Mike Milbury to talk about good management moves?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#1373 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

What the hell qualifies Mike Milbury to talk about good management moves?

What the hell qualifies Mike Milbury to talk about anything... at all?

#1374 Selliria

Selliria

3rd Line Checker

• Bronze Booster
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:50 AM

there's speculation that Ottawa will be getting a new GM and coach this offseason. Pierre mcguire's name has been mentioned as GM; maybe they should also hire Milbury as coach. :hehe:

That would be epitome of "suck". Though I'd be for this idea. Everything needs some comic relief. The "team" those two would produce would be pretty damn comical.

Then again, we already have the Islanders, so...

Edited by Selliria, 26 January 2011 - 12:50 AM.

#1375 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:16 AM

That would be epitome of "suck". Though I'd be for this idea. Everything needs some comic relief. The "team" those two would produce would be pretty damn comical.

Then again, we already have the Islanders, so...

pierre's name seems to come up everytime there is a GM opening. but given how he is perceived (at least by the fans), i wonder how other GM's and management from other teams view him. will they take him seriously???

#1376 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

pierre's name seems to come up everytime there is a GM opening. but given how he is perceived (at least by the fans), i wonder how other GM's and management from other teams view him. will they take him seriously???

I don't know... Won't they have to make sure he won't trade away the team for Dion Phaneuf, Jonathan Toews and what's his face in Pittsburgh? He'll be all, "I have a Big Three!" and everyone else will say, "This isn't the NBA..."

#1377 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:20 AM

I honestly believe if people were able to take Pierre seriously, he'd be better as a GM then a broadcaster..

#NOMOREKINDL

#1378 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:53 AM

What the hell qualifies Mike Milbury to talk about anything... at all?

Hes the Matt Millen of hockey. However at least Millen makes a decent job and sounding intelligent and fooling people into thinking he knows what hes talking about.

#1379 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:57 AM

According to Islander fans, Holland will trade a 1st round draft pick + Hudler for Nabokov next year...

#1380 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

According to Islander fans, Holland will trade a 1st round draft pick + Hudler for Nabokov next year...

That's absurd. There are no Islander fans.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".