• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
uk_redwing

Chicago @ Grand Rapids...there's no Wings game so why not?

Rate this topic

There's no Wings game on this Friday night, so all of you who are registered at redwingslive.net can watch the Chicago Wolves take on the Grand Rapids Griffins. I'd post it in the AHL section but nobody goes in there and Im getting bored of watching games by myself ( :( )

Griffins are just as banged up as Detroit with injuries but players like Ilari Filppula, Cory Emmerton and Jordan Owens to name a few are still going strong. Should be a good game as Chicago has major beef with Grand Rapids after one of the Griffins enforcers (Greg Amadio)

Also, if any of you remember Adam Keefe, he's back in Grand Rapids and averaging a fight a game and playing well.

Expected Line Ups: (An educated guess, probably wrong)

Lines:

Minard - Emmerton - Pare

Owens - Filppula - Johnson

Coetzee - Andersson - Ehrhardt

Rankin - Raedeke - Keefe

Pairings:

Janik - Meech

Kolosov - Pyett

Piché - Amadio

Goalie: Jordan Pearce

Injured: (Jamie Tardif (:crybaby:) , Brendan Smith, Brandon Straub, Brian Lashoff) (NHL: Tatar, Mursak, MacDonald)

http://www.redwingslive.net (click the "griffins" tab below the logo) 7PM EST

Edited by uk_redwing

Elbow to the head, was not clean

Was clean. Elbows were in. Hence why there was no suspension.

Why not? Because they suck and it's a pain to watch Fraser force Johnson and Minard down our throats.

How is the fact Minard and Johnson suck anything to do with Fraser? Ken Holland signed them. Also, no, they (Grand Rapids) don't suck. If you actually watched them you'd realise that. They've been playing very well since the New Year.

Edited by uk_redwing

Not Amadios fault Ross is so small. North South hit. Ross skated with his head down straight down the middle of the ice.

Player could of let up if he seen his head down. That is how players end up hurt. Sorry, little thing called respect

There's no Wings game on this Friday night, so all of you who are registered at redwingslive.net can watch the Chicago Wolves take on the Grand Rapids Griffins. I'd post it in the AHL section but nobody goes in there and Im getting bored of watching games by myself ( :( )

Griffins are just as banged up as Detroit with injuries but players like Ilari Filppula, Cory Emmerton and Jordan Owens to name a few are still going strong. Should be a good game as Chicago has major beef with Grand Rapids after one of the Griffins enforcers (Greg Amadio)

Also, if any of you remember Adam Keefe, he's back in Grand Rapids and averaging a fight a game and playing well.

Lines:

Minard - Emmerton - Pare

Rankin - Raedeke - Keefe

Pairings:

Janik - Meech

Kolosov - Pyett

Piché - Amadio

Injured: (Jamie Tardif (:crybaby:) , Brendan Smith, Brandon Straub, Brian Lashoff) (NHL: Tatar, Mursak, MacDonald)

maybe there is a reason you are there by yourself. *sniff sniff* hahahaha im kidding=)

Lines:

Minard - Emmerton - Pare

Rankin - Raedeke - Keefe

Pairings:

Janik - Meech

Kolosov - Pyett

Piché - Amadio

Oh I'm not enough company for you UK? I see how it is.

And yeah people here who don't watch them would be quick to say they suck but they have been playing some solid hockey. To win in the AHL you need your roster filled out with vets and prospects in small roles, but that isn't the case in GR. The wings prospects get the chance to play, which is much better then watching a bunch of AHL vets that have no NHL shot play.

And for the record that hit was clean, no elbow, north south and Ross had the puck within a fair time frame. If you dont like that hit, then you dont like big hits in hockey

Player could of let up if he seen his head down. That is how players end up hurt. Sorry, little thing called respect

Tell that to Vladdy or Kronwall, I'm sure you dont criticize either of them a whole lot even though they were notorious hitters like that

How is the fact Minard and Johnson suck anything to do with Fraser? Ken Holland signed them. Also, no, they (Grand Rapids) don't suck. If you actually watched them you'd realise that. They've been playing very well since the New Year.

Umm... Because the coach decides who gets more/less ice time and who doesnt? And the coach is the one who decides the line combinations that rarely stick despite all the different s*** he throws at the wall.

And yes, I've watched some games and the phrase "very well" is quite generous. This used to be a team that you knew would at least compete for a playoff spot and this year has been quite disappointing to say the least. Have they been playing better recently? Sure. But since the new year, as you stated, they are 4-4. How could you say that's "very well"? Is it mostly because they've entertained you with "quality" penalty minutes? Which is perfectly fine. I can at least understand that but "very well" doesn't quite go with a team that is still 13th among 15 teams in their respective conference.